Need a diagnosis!

The ph will be in close enough range

Hello Donald, ph 5.3 solids 280-400. These are the run off results. Over watered after 1 gallon each did not produce run off, some of the trays overflowed. Not to sound to stupid, I am putting the tsd meter in the run off not soil, is that correct?

That’s correct @GamblingMan
Test ruf off not soil

thought so thank you countryboy

Anytime @GamblingMan I’ll let some else answer you question about ppm your using coco so I believe it more like hydro so didn’t want to steer you wrong direction bro

A 5.3 ph run off would mean you need to water with higher ph in future to try and raise root zone ph 6.5 would do the trick over several waterings it will slowly raise back into 6 range the low ph also is direct cause of mag deficiency

this ppm range is fine and could actually be higher

Thanks Donald I will do that. I was doing some research and found where lime will bring up the ph. Until your suggestion I was thinking of cutting my mills nutrients in half and keeping the cal mag the same ( 1 teaspoon per gallon ). Adding nutes lowers the ph of my well water.


Hello Donald hope you are having a good weekend. Thank you for your prior help and would like to pick your brain some more. I have uploaded 2 more pics this is what they look like 6 days after feeding with cal mag. Some of the plants have fan leaves curling down and have brown discoloration. I don’t know if you noticed on the previous pics that the new growth where I fimed looked like bugs were eating the ends. I have more water mixed with nutes and cal mag with a ph of 6.5 like you suggested ready to feed tonight when they wake up. My question is would you recommend waiting to force flowering until these issues are solved? My ladies are getting old and though I am also I still like them young. They are 7 and a half weeks old. Once again thanks for the help
Gamblingman

So every ph soil meter is garbage?
4 IN 1 Soil Moisture Monitor, Soil PH Value, Soil Temperature and Sunlight Intensity Tester, Hydrometer for Indoor/Outdoor Garden Farm Plant Survey In https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GDMM8Y4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_KEcyzfdczRyiy

Week ago Monday fed ph of run off was 5.3. Fed them yesterday with 6.5 solution the ph of the run off was. 5.2. Due to bad weather power was out so I placed them outdoors. Nice puddle of rain water nearby so I gave them some. Ph of run off went to 5.5 so today I decided to flush Ph is up to 5.8, is that acceptable if Next feeding will be 6.5 solution? I have to bring water due to bad weather, a tree fell breaking the water line.

5.8 is fine for coco. Did you know what the ph was for the rain water?

Rain water is typically 6.8-7

No I did not check the rain water. I am using pro mix. I flushed each plant today with well water that has a ph of 7.3. The run off readings are 5.7 to 6.0. Afraid of over watering. Trying to fix bite problems ( cal-mag and what might be a phosphorus deficiency before forcing them to flower. Internet is still down from the storm I am going to do some research on the mills nutrients I am using For 4 weeks I fed them with a ph of 5.3(ph meter was off by .9) thought I was feeding them with a ph of 6.3. They were doing good until a week and a half ago after feeding with cal mag last Monday run off was 5.3 fed yesterday run off was 5.1. Fan leaves turning brown curling down (some look like bugs are eating at them) I do not see any bugs. I will let them dry out and purchase some guano and add that to the mix with the cal mag and hope that works. And the solution will have ph of 6.5. This might be the longest text I have ever written

Hello Donald, thank you for your support. You seem to have a lot of knowledge. You use pro mix what brand of nutrients do you use. If you have a proven system (and I know you do) I will start a second attempt using pro mix as soon as I have these issues resolved and any info you would like to share would be appreciated. I purchased 20 ww from ILGM and still have 14 left. My ph will always be right the second time bet on that. I am wondering if I need to switch from mills to something else. Suppose to be good from start to finish. Anyway thank you

I like either General Hydro 3 part or AN 3 part and am switching over to Maxi Series GH again but powder 2 part system but also am primarily using hydroponics these days I am currently moving my grow space will invite you to thread if you are curious

I am interested. Never stop learning

Hello everyone. I really need your help.
I’m a first time grower and i have two plants (critical+) in a 2.6inchx2.6inchx5.2inch grow tent with a 250w hps light, extractor with carbon filter and a fan for cooling and air circulation.
One of my plants is much smaller than the other and lighter in colour and also less bushy. Some of the leafs have deformities and look like bugs are eating the tips and parts os the leafs… including some small holes. I don’t have bugs (at least i can’t see them).
The other one is much bigger but much darker in colour and bushier, but also has some tips “eaten” and some small holes, but this one is showing signs of clawing.
Only recently i started to measure the PH and both of them, now are giving me a runoff water of 6.4 and 6.5.
I had to flush the smallest one earlier because oh the high PH levels (7.1). But these symptons are still showing.
I can had some pictures if it helps. Can someone please help me? i am very concerned about the health and yields of the plants.
P.S. - Both of them were germinated and put into soil at the same time.

@rafaelbatalha you need to start your own topic and then start right in the first post with the copy paste support ticket.

This topic is for another ilgm user.