Mission to Mar...vellous buds! šŸš€

Good morning lovely lady! And what a healthy little Blueberry she is!

Yep, my first couple of plants in the babies tent were exactly as you described. Thick and hard to convince to move. That sounds like some of my exes! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Yeah Iā€™ll agree with that statement! :joy:

CJ - have you ever looked closely at a well-done bonsai plant? The wire directs the plant where to grow. I donā€™t wrap around the plant so much as just grab a strangle-hold though lol.

9 Likes

I think thatā€™s the part I struggle with. I might need to introduce skewers and use those as anchors coz the fabric pots with bulldog clips just ainā€™t really working for meā€¦ :frowning:
I think I need to do more twisting around the individual branches. :smile:

If iā€™m being totally honest with you all, I didnā€™t even know bonsai trees were trained in that way, I just thought it was skilled pruning! :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

Thank you both. I may have more questions heading your way :grin: but not right now. Itā€™s 11:30pm and Iā€™m ready for my bed. :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Catch you all in a few hours! Peace out for now, hombres! :v::crescent_moon: :sparkles:

8 Likes

Iā€™ll jump on board after work ā€¦ You have this ā€¦:sunglasses::v:

4 Likes

Hello @CalamityJane,
I am so wanting to do this. Courage grasshopper my wife said. WTF. LOL. sorry just had a scoob and feeling awesome. Will this method work with an outdoor grow?
Anyway, great see things progressing. My girls are doing ok.
Have a magic day

2 Likes

Absolutely!

Check out @kaptain3dā€™s journal! Heā€™s a monster with it! :scream::scream::scream:

Kaptain3dā€™s Sunken Treasures :pirate_flag:

Iā€™ll catch up on your journal (and everyone elseā€™s) when I finish work. :v:

5 Likes

High CJ ā€¦hope this helps youā€¦

I have worked a wire ( coat hanger ) into the seam of my potsā€¦look at the one in the back ā€¦it stays in shapeā€¦roundā€¦no more floppy pot :wink:

I use 1mm or 1,5mm e wire for my trainingā€¦ This :point_up_2:is an outdoor plant ā€¦there is a specific way that I bend the wire at, to keep it in place ā€¦so the clips are actually holding on to the wire in the seam of the potā€¦these donā€™t move, even if I pic the pot up on one side only ā€¦ Like I said, hope this helps someone ā€¦:sunglasses::v:

10 Likes

Youā€™re a bloody clever one arenā€™t you @Arrow :grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

LoLā€¦:joy::joy:
a53346f2f0ebe5a15eeac3d1dfcb5481931b5100

Says the rookie of the year ā€¦:wink::sunglasses::v:

7 Likes

Hahahaha we can be badass together then :rofl:

7 Likes

Yes! This is exactly my issue!! What an effective and simple idea :bulb: Thank you.

I will try to find some stiffer wire and I actually might attempt this!

Thanks so much for that second pic too, when I just see the already-trained plants in everyoneā€™s pics, and the wires so neatly tucked away, itā€™s hard to see how they are connected/secured to both plant and pot - this gives me a better understanding as to whatā€™s going on.
So a questionā€¦ how do you secure the branches when they arenā€™t long enough trouble reach the edge of the pot?

Thank you so much for the inspiration! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Oh @kaptain3d Iā€™ve just seen the news about the wild fires over there! :cry::cry::cry:
I think theyā€™re over the other side from you but still, stay safe out there and I hope you, youā€™re friend and family have not been affected by them. :pray::pray::pray:

6 Likes

I wanna play with the big kids tooooo :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

GIF image 180

:crazy_face::crazy_face:

8 Likes

@Arrow I was meant to say ā€˜arenā€™t long enough to reachā€™ ā€¦ donā€™t even know how I managed to type ā€˜troubleā€™ in there! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Youā€™re automatically part of the cool kids gang CJ :sunglasses::grin::joy:

5 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m answering what youā€™re asking but I literally just use longer wire pieces when the ladies are just starting out. See if you can zoom in on my pics and see what I mean. Thatā€™s if Iā€™m on the same page as you :smirk:

6 Likes

BStarr got you ā€¦:ok_hand::sunglasses::v:

5 Likes

If youā€™re looking for stiffer wire you could use a ring from a tomato cage? Already round and quite inexpensive

3 Likes

Oh my, how stupid do I feel! Itā€™s so obvious when you say it! :woman_facepalming:
It just looked way more complicated that that :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

So basically you just hook it and pull it where you want. I feel like such a dummy :rofl:

Thank you @anon33684698 @kaptain3d @Arrow

Okā€¦ so with my new found knowledge a too ā€˜did a thingā€™ and wellā€¦

Also.,. Are these pre-flowersā€¦?

Have the most astronomical day, my supermassive friends!

11 Likes

What a great idea! See, this is why I come here. Everyone has the best ideas.
Thanks man! :facepunch:

7 Likes

Good start! :+1:

And yes, it looks like pre-flower to me too. :nerd_face:

5 Likes