Mission to Mar...vellous buds! šŸš€

man i remember back in the day running around my complex with sticks pretending to play war games. climbing trees was a daily event. used to tie trip lines and traps all over the place. got my friends all the time. my best shot was shooting the center of a quarter from 300yrds. kids now are allergic to sun and outdoors.

6 Likes

I was the same, nice shooting by the way. Parents are terrified to let their youngsters play these days and itā€™s a shame. Bows and arrows, cowboys and indians. It was a punishment detail if you had to stay indoors. Building fires and making toast by poking a stick through the bread. Jeez the list goes on

4 Likes

When was the last time you encountered a kid with a pocket knife? :thinking:

7 Likes

my child hood followed me thru adulthood

12 Likes

I loved a good pocket knife. I carried one for years. My grandfather gave me it and I still appreciate a nice knife to this day. One of the best things a kid could have in his pocket. Another thing that isnā€™t appreciated any more is a good stick :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a nice thing Enlightened. A few memories there for sure. I was headed for the Royal Engineers then I met Mrs G. She was pretty blunt, army = no Mrs G. Shame really as I loved shooting and blowing things up. If I did half the things now that I did back then I would be on an anti terror list somewhere :scream::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Quite a common thing over here unfortunately - and not for the purpose of sharpening sticks! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why they carry a jail term of 5 years now if youā€™re caught with one :no_mouth:. Mine is on my belt and stays there. The amount of times Iā€™ve forgotten itā€™s there is unreal

2 Likes

@Davyg You be careful, friend! Donā€™t want you ending up in the slammer because you forgot to take it off one day :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

3 Likes

Jeez, I know. I was in the police station not too long ago after my identity was stolen. Didnā€™t realize my knife was on my belt until I got home :scream::scream::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I always forget about the knife laws being unrealistic there. Sorry man.

6 Likes

I would politely disagree, good Sir. I love our anti-weapon laws. Fewer guns, fewer knives, fewer unnecessary deaths :woman_shrugging:
Obviously I wanna keep this light so donā€™t wanna get into this too deep but Iā€™m grateful itā€™s generally such a safe place to live over here.
But I wholly respect everyoneā€™s right to protect themselves and when needs must, wellā€¦ you gotta do what you gotta do, right. :+1::+1:

6 Likes

:notes: ā€œIā€™m transcending to Outer Spaceā€¦. To find a blueberry tasteā€ :notes:

Sorry Iā€™m late with the update, yā€™all!

Not much to report really, apart from SHE BUSHY! :deciduous_tree:

I attempted some LST on her, although I think she has the appropriate amount of nodes to do so, sheā€™s short and bushy and @anon33684698 you weā€™re absolutely right, finding somewhere to wrap that wire round was somewhat of a challenge! :sweat_smile:
I found a gap and and tried my bestā€¦ time will tell.
The stem is really stiff, I donā€™t remember the last two being this thickkk and difficult to manipulateā€¦ :thinking:

Oh and my RH is naturally increasing to around mid-50ā€™s! Sooooā€¦thatā€™s good, right? :grin::partying_face:

I havenā€™t had a chance to read up on DLI yet but I have dialled that light right back to 25%, I just want those nodes to ā€˜space outā€™ a bit moreā€¦(sorry :joy:).

Speaking of spaced outā€¦ I think Iā€™ve earned myself another doob!

Have a cosmic day, wherever you are!

11 Likes

Stellar :star_struck:

:wink:

4 Likes

Training is my favorite part. Looking lovely

5 Likes

Thanks Kap!

GIF image 179

4 Likes

@Underthestairs Thanks so much! But oooh it makes me nervous! I just feel like Iā€™m winging it the whole time.
I donā€™t really understand what @Arrow, @kaptain3d and @anon33684698 do with their wiresā€¦ itā€™s like some kind of tapestry witchcraft! ā€¦ but I try to play along :joy:

9 Likes

Nice job on the LST!

5 Likes

@Covertgrower Why thank you, friend! :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

GIF image

8 Likes

I use the wires in 2 waysā€¦

1: Tying things so they donā€™t move.
2: Use it as ā€œscaffoldingā€.
I will make a few turns of the wire around the branch I want to train. Then I will direct and bend the wire to place and hold the branches where I want themā€¦

8 Likes