Midwest's Veggie Grow (Off Topic)

I don’t grow any more since I hit carts now. I think my last grow was nearly 2 years ago. There is a 5x5 that will be used this winter to grow veggies. Basil was started today, as I only had enough soil for one 10 inch pot. I’ll have more soil in a few days and will be growing tomatoes, bell peppers, dill, rosemary, and cilantro. Two HLG 260s will get the job done. There is a single HLG 135 panel above the basil for the moment.

6 Likes

I’ll follow along with this one for sure. I’d love to add some food to a tent.

3 Likes

I’m going to try some veggies this winter in my smaller tent and see what happens.

1 Like

I’ve grown spices a couple of times in the tent and it went really well. I tried to grow tomatoes and peppers a couple of years ago and didn’t have much success.

2 Likes

I grew these about 2 years ago.

4 Likes

Tomatoes are exactly what I was thinking. I’ve got some really cool seeds from Bakers Creek that I’d love to grow a harvest from. Any thoughts on what the challenge was with them?

1 Like

Posting a journal will hold me accountable and I’ll be less likely to neglect them. I get that it’s a cannabis forum, but those that aren’t interested can mute the thread and they won’t see it again.

2 Likes

I had no idea what I was doing and I grew single plants such that they couldn’t cross-pollinate and produce fruit. I got some fruit off them, but it was pathetic to be honest.

2 Likes

Interesting. Good luck on whatever gets into this grow :metal:

2 Likes

I am going to follow along man. Prices what they are i bet can save a lot of cash.

On second thought, I’m sure “the management” doesn’t want to use server space to deal with people’s gardens. It would set a precedent. I may make a post here and there though. I’m going to delete the original post in this thread.

1 Like

@dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower

Can you please close this thread? I can’t delete the original post.

2 Likes

Lots of fruit and garden threads in the lounge. Keep it alive. :seedling:.
Honestly those are my favorite. Cannabis sometimes (excuse me) gets one track thought old, so it’s good to try and read about other plants.

Sure there’s some orchid nuts out there too.

1 Like

Sure are. Lessons can cross species.