Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Goodnight Lucy! :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, but she’s definitely falling behind.

Lucy knows you are talkn bout WACKN her!! ( we kno this will not happen)She is scared and intimidated, and needs some loving. GO TEAM LUCY!!!:joy::joy:

3 Likes

Day 18 (last night)

I gave Lucy a raise last night. No big difference 12 hours later.

Her stalk is purple, Lucy D’s stalk is a nice green. It’s about to bust through it’s first layer, kinda like a snake shedding it’s skin. I should be able to get good pics of that in about 3-ish days.

I thought I would have to feed today but everything seems very well hydrated. Today is Tuesday and it might be as much as Thursday before the next watering. At that time I’ll start feeding at 25%.

Lucy D is looking very solid. The little bud node sites are taking off.

Lucy is still here but still not a single bud node site. She really has gotten the same treatment as her younger sister, but she’s just not showing up yet

5 Likes

In the very center of that node it looks like she’s trying to pop another one! I think she’s trying to do it. I still think she’s a little gun-shy :wink:

have caution using your camera flash too much on Lucy at this stage…you don’t want to put the ZAP :zap: on her young genes by sending the wrong information to her memory banks :seedling:

She should be fine. We’re growin’ weed here, not flash drives lol. Plus I don’t use a flash!

But that does remind me that these girls are still at 22/2 for lighting. I’m starting real feeding this week (maybe even today if things are dry enough) so that’s the end of the seedling stage. I just changed the lights to 20/4 and later this week I’ll set it to 18/6.

2 Likes

damn fine photography anyhoo !

1 Like

It’s Day 20, but let’s start with Day 19 pics

I raised up my girls so they won’t sit in run off. (I raised the light as well.) You can see I used a very low budget idea. I picked up some cooling racks from the dollar store and set them on top of crumpled up balls of aluminum foil. All of that is put inside the mud catcher which holds a few gallons of liquid. Perfect for collecting run off for testing.

Here’s the girls on Day 19

And now, Day 20

5 Likes

This is my feeding schedule. There are many like it, but this one is mine…

“So why did I choose the nutrients I’m using?”
I’m glad you asked! LOL Pure guessing actually. It came down to availability, price, and how many bottles I’d have to replenish over time.

I’m lucky enough to have a hydroponics shop near me. One day I peek in, nothing fancy, and on the way out the guy is like “Hey you can take this for more ideas…” and he hands me the catalog below. Everything. And I mean everything and every brand is in here. Every meter, every soil (6 kinds of Pro Mix alone), every pump, tube, fan, filter, dome, light…you get it.

So anyway, within those pages there’s an entire section dedicated to just feed charts for every brand. Frickin nerd heaven. I found the Dyna-Gro feeding chart you see below. I am not cosmically attached to this brand and I would happily use any brand but as of my fifth grow, I’ve used Dyna-Gro on 4.

I’m using the top half “Drain to Waste”

KLN for rooting

Pro-Tekt is a silica for strength
Foliage Pro as my main veg
Mag-Pro…because
Bloom as my main bloom
Cal-Mag is added to support RO water
Unsulphured Molasses (will only be used once per week last week of veg through week 6 of flower)
pH Up & Down

So why is this post important? This is the legend lol. I just can give my feed in shorthand. For example, I just fed the girls for the first time today:

Week 1 Veg feeding
1 gallon @ 30% of Week 1 schedule + RO start 24ppm+ Cal-Mag 1.5 ml = 7.80 pH, PPM 280. + 11 drops of PH down = 6.35pH.

See, now it will all make perfect sense

3 Likes

Day 23
Posting from my phone so I won’t have everything winderfully formated, or spelled correctly. (I edited somethings from a browser before posting)

Getting a lot done today. First cleaning the charcoal filter’s filter (before)

(after)

I’m seeing a little yellowing on the older leaves so it’s time to increase the feed I am increasing my nutrients to 90%. So:
1 gal RO @ 24ppms/ 6.5 pH + Week 1 schedule @ 90% + Cal Mag3ml + 19 drops pH down = 337ppm/ 6.42pH

I have also increased my light to R50,W75,B75

Humidity has been high, but now that the exhaust fan is on, we are completely out of seedling mode. I’ll end up topping a few days from now.

Now the girls… I have photos from yesterday but I’m just going to skip on those and go to today…

Here is a photo of Lucy D’s stalk getting ready shed a layer, a beautiful sign of growth!

Lucy is looking disappointing, but I’m not blaming her. That small pot really does a number on a plants self esteem.

2 Likes

Day 24

That little yellowing issue is expanding. I’m not super worried just yet. My last plant grew out of an early issue. Looks like an Iron deficiency but I literally just upped the feed yesterday. I’m guessing this is just the shockwave from what I was picking up on before. This plant has grown faster than any of my others, so I’m hoping it is just a really hungry girl and I under estimated her needs. New growth is coming in normal. I’m expecting to top the plant either day 25 or 26. That would be right in line with past grows.

1 Like

Day 27 today
_I start a lot of posts while I’m in the tent but don’t finish until the next day LOL. While it is day 27, the thoughts and photos below are from day 26. _

Lucy D is fighting off what appears to be an OD. I check my numbers in and out and all looked good. Then my dumbass realized I wasn’t factoring in my foliar spray. So yeah, burned from above.

I won’t make that mistake next time. Come to think of it, I looked at pictures and notes from last grow…same issue I didn’t resolve til now.

I’m still not worried at this time bacause the new growth is coming in fine so far. Those leaves with the burn will be cut off later

I’m guessing by my 10th grow I will be beyond these little things. This hobby will take some time to get right and I’m only on my fifth grow. Many have been growing for years and I barely have 1.5 under my belt!

3 Likes

Day 29

Sorry, haven’t been on in a while
Topped Lucy D yesterday.

And my new grow room addition: My local Sears is closing so I picked up a “Drying Rack”

3 Likes

Now that’s STYLE !

LOL 10 bucks! Honestly, I might go back tomorrow and buy another one or two.

Day 33

The girls are still here and still kicking. Been way too busy to keep up on the daily journal.
I thought the holidays would slow it down, but nope!

2 Likes

Day 38
Hello again growers. I hope everyone’s girls are growing well.
Lucy D is doing great and has the makings of a monster. I’m guessing I have about 24 - 31 days left of vegging. It’s not where I thought it would be at this date but I can now see she’s picking up steam. The last two days have sprouted almost an inch per day. This happened after I switched to a strong 110% Week 2 feeding + Cal-Mag 3ml.

Look at the branches shooting out from where I topped it
Went from Day 36, just a branch …

…to today Day 38. New node and solid growth.

A few more pics from today…

6 Likes

Lucy is going to be an Amazon !

1 Like

Day 39

No tent is complete without 12 guage wire. It’s the ultimate flexy, positioning tool.

Looking very healthy this week with very tight growth continuing to accelerate. Watching this thing grow is so much fun. The real feeling of the miracle will be sometime around late February when we oogle over the forming buds.

Few odd three finger leaves but not worried as it will likely grow out. Just fun to find mutations.

I’m just imagining a few weeks from now when this little girl fills this big tent. Brings a tear to my eye…they grow up so fast.

4 Likes