Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Day 12
Roughly 90 more to go.

5:30 pm

Lucy Deucey is reaching for the sky. Love it

Lucy seems more than a day behind in size, but only 24 hours behind LD.

Good night Lucy. Good work. Sleep well. I’ll most likely kill you in the morning.

5 Likes

hey hey hey now you said that same thing to her two days ago. You’re going to give her a complex you keep talking to her like that :wink:

2 Likes

I keep wondering when he’s gonna show up.

4 Likes

Lucy is ALIVE!!! Too late now to OFF HER. She has feelings too!!

3 Likes

He’s lurkin. Lucy already got his Christmas card.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Ok I’m with you now😁

1 Like

Day 13

Posting from the tent. Slightly annoyed to find this batch of RO water is coming in at 110ppm when it should be closer to <20.

So generally I wait until a solid 2-3 nodes appear before I start my feeding schedule at 25%. My last grow I didn’t do anything before day 22. All that is based upon things read here and there. This time as of day 13 I decided to give them a little push. If they survive and don’t burn up I’ll probably update all future grows to begin this early. I can say that compared to previous grows, Lucy Deucey is clearly bigger than any before her. I can not wait to collect her pollen.

Anyway today is roughly only 10% strength. I’ll post my whole feed chart tomorrow…(Or maybe Saturday) and go into detail about all the nutes. I don’t want to introduce all the characters in the first week :wink:
1 gal RO start 110ppm 7.20pH
Cal Mag 1.5 ml
KLN (root enhancer) 3ml
GH pH down 6 drops
Came to 190ppm / 6.27.

^ I need a better graphic for that.

I fed all of this to the five gallon smart pot and got run off. The water probably just found channels to run through because that wasn’t all that much for a 5gal pot. I think it will be many days before I water again. Since the beginning of the grow this is only the 3rd gallon of water. Yes Lucy got some today too. I’m going to keep her alive as long as I can get some science out of her. Maybe I’ll use her to try and bust the water droplet myth. It’s too late to go “no nutes” on her. If you can think of any other “I wonder if…” ideas for a seedling…now is the time.

I only have enough nutes for 1- 5 gallon pot this grow. The plan is to fill the tent with a single plant, SCRoG, LST, while working on stem bending. I need one corner for colloidal silver and another corner for breeding. That will all make sense when you see it in 7 weeks.

It’s late, I didn’t get a chance to markup the pics, just wanted to get some quick pictures up for posterity LOL. Lucy Deucey is seriously taking off. When I lifted her though she felt so heavy for a small plant in relation to the amount of feed given. I’m a little teeny bit worried about over watering right now. I raised the light an inch but increased the power a smidge to increase evaporation. But in the absolute worst case scenario there is always Lucy as the back up. Everything is a lesson learned.

Good night Lucy. Good work. Sleep well. I’ll most likely kill you in the morning.

4 Likes

Good night Lucy😉

1 Like

go easy at first …Lucy is still trying to find her genetic feet

1 Like

Lucy has a teeny more stretch than LucyD. She’s about 6" lower than LD…so maybe we are learning just a few inches distance from light can make a difference with seedling stretch? I’m going to milk her for every bit of “What happens if” I can think of lol.

Ideas appreciated.

1 Like

Day 14

Everything is flowing fine. I’m going to try and leave the tent undisturbed until tomorrow. Humidity is fine, growth is fine…not having to worry is great!

That ruler is not at the same level as the leaves so it’s more of just a guide.

No, Lucy isn’t pictured but she’s still alive!

2 Likes

Yeah Lucy survived the morning!

1 Like

I don’t think you have to worry about killing her everyday lol

1 Like

Movie reference :wink:

1 Like

Ahh i got ya👍

1 Like

Day 15

Long day for this human. Just a couple pics.

5 Likes

Goodnight Lucy😉

1 Like

Day 17

Hello everyone and thank you for coming around. I didn’t post yesterday, that was probably the first skipped day! I thought I would have missed more by now.

I am seeing different phenos between Lucy and Lucy D. Lucy is a little stretchier, and has not sprouted any node sites. Lucy D is staying nice and tight and I can see little baby node sites forming. These actually showed themselves 2 days ago…

Now on Lucy D, we’ve got the cotyledon hidden, my wing leaves, my first set with three fingers, a second set which looks like it will produce 5 fingers, and now you can see the third set rising.

Truth is, I just wanted to use my stylus to illustrate already obvious things.

And here’s the original Lucy…take note of the differences.

Lucy broke ground one day after Lucy D due to being dried out on the plate.

• Both have had the same feed
  • Same light EXCEPT for a 6" difference as you could see over past pictures
  • DIFFERENT size pots. Lucy D started in her 5 gal home pot, Lucy is in a much smaller starter.

I can understand the stretch issue due to light but Lucy is very immature in comparison. I don’t think this is a result of her first day, I think this is a result of her environment. Her roots just started to poke through one single hole on that starter pot so she is definitely touching the edges. The roots sense a small environment, so Lucy will likely stay small.

• No pre-bud node sites yet
  • Less leaf node

We are going to science Lucy to death…literally! But seriously though, these are not true experiments, these are just observations and of course all phenos will vary. If I had to make an statement though, if Darwin said to me “Make an observation or the beagle gets it”…I would say that starting plants in cups seems to stunt growth. We can revisit this thought in about 5 days.

1 Like

An yet she lives another day🤗

2 Likes