Late Veg. nute issue? Advice Please

Hello everyone! My plants are doing much better since my last post Thank you to everyone for being so helpful.
I’m back, looking for some more advice. I recently got a 2nd 300w mars hydro light. Currently have both hooked up and set to approx. 60%. I’ve given the plants some Fox Farms Grow Big and a little bit of Cal Mag today. Is there something else they need that I am not thinking of?? I do plan on topping them with fresh soil soon here. Also wondering if I should Defoliate them ASAP or wait a bit. I do plan on flowering them soon. I was just trying to get them a bit bigger first. (especially the Black Widows). Also can someone tell me what’s causing the spotting on the Black Widow? I was thinking it needed Cal-Mag but it’s still there after I’ve given them some so now idk.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

the 2 on the left side are Black Widow, Back right is Skywalker OG, Front right Bruce Banner

front Black Widow

front Black Widow

Skywalker OG

Skywalker OG

back Black Widow

all of them. again.

3 Likes

The one with the rusty spots with always have them spots on them leaves … just watch the new growth on the tops and see if thoughs look better as they grow…
How long have you been feeding them the grow big?
What is your water type? Well water, city water, ro water? The soil you transplanted to should have enough nutrients in it to last a month and ahalf to 2 months…

I always go to PH on most issues. What’s your input and run off PH Growmie and how often are you watering or feeding? Are you using a drench to drought method for soil? :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

This is why i asked what water type he is using…
Well water tends to be alittle high sometimes and city water has chlorine in it… ro water tend to drift abit and needs supplemental cal/mag…
But with good soil it should naturally buffer the PH unless like you said the imputed water is way out…

The soil is Hoppy Frog soil, which they were transplanted into about 5 weeks ago (they were struggling before that). I Started giving them the Grow Big about 2 weeks ago. Been giving it took them once a week. My water is just town tap water. I let it sit in an open container for a minimum of 48 hours. Then PH’d to 6.2 - 6.6 with Apera PH Pen. its PH is usually pretty high after the chlorine dissipates.
should i defoliate? been thinking i should probably do that soon here

1 Like

I would wait for the to recover abit more before defoiliating…

2 Likes

Are you ph’ing before or after you mixs your nutrients?

i PH it after i mix the nutrients in

1 Like

If photo can go ahead and defol. If auto a tad but wait till they flip to prune. They are a little thick. Some cleaning inside and bottom wont hurt a photo.

I typically don’t water until there is a bunch of runoff. I just soak the soil real well. and Let it dry in between waterings

2 Likes

yeah they are all photos

1 Like

You are Gucci sailor. Send it. A little cleanup will make them expand. Inside. Bottom. Keep a solid canopy. Just understand that once you start defoliating photo and are healthy they will explode. Can get pretty big fast.

1 Like

Perfect method….drench to drought :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Fox farm nuits require at least grow big / big bloom / calmag . Just grow big isn’ enough

2 Likes

I do have the big bloom and the tiger bloom also. Just havent used them yet. I didnt know that, thank u very much for the chart. I need to follow it better next grow.

I plan on pruning them today after i get done with errands. Im thinking of giving them some of the big bloom after. They seemed to have perked up since the last feeding ive given them , but still look like theyre missing something. Idk maybe its just me. We’ll see how they look after trimming

1 Like

Is a PPM and a EC reader necessary to get? I have an apera ph pen but none of the others

I would get a PH pen to make sure you’re in range and PPM/EC pen especially using fox farm to watch for build up of salts

1 Like