KC's First Journal 2023

I am using A Pot for Pot kit. I planted the germinated Blue Dream Auto seed on 9/30/2023. The photos below are dated 10/26/2023.

12 Likes

Looking great Growmie, welcome to the Grow Fam :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum :call_me_hand:t2:
Good luck on your grow

4 Likes

Welcome to the fun zone.
Is your soil wet?, looks wet.
Are you familiar with the wet/dry cycle supported with “lift” and “feel” (heavy when wet, light when dry) method of watering?

3 Likes

Yes. I had just watered it and then decided to take photos. Although, thanks for pointing it out because I used to live in the south, so now living in Illinois, I need to remember that I dont need to water as much :blush:

5 Likes

just be sure not to overflow your drip pan… I did just that in my tent once and shorted out my surge protector. completely melted it… im just so thankful I didnt have a fire… just dont want to see you have a similar incident. happy growing! looking good!

2 Likes

Looks like he’s got it down! Watered the edges so those roots can grow big fruits! :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Thanks. Sorry you had that experience.

1 Like

Do you plan on LST (low stress training) her?

1 Like

I haven’t decided yet and I know I need to soon. I have never done it, but I am not afraid to. My issue is going to be more about space since I have a 2X4X60 tent and plan on growing more than just that one. I have 4 seeds germinating right now. Have you done LST, what’s your opinion? Always looking for input.

1 Like

Where?
I left Lincoln Land for the Sportsman’s Paradise.
Burned many a grow in the heat.
Black Hills too cold.
Emarald City and Island life for me.

Your tent could hold two plants, harvestable.
Decide when culling.
Practice techniques, learning is important.
Good growint to you.

1 Like

LST, yes. There are many ways to train the plant to meet your specific goals and increase production. It’s a way to allow better airflow throughout and also more overall light exposure thus increasing yield. Youtube search “low stress training a cannabis plant” for a better explanation and endless techniques. There are a vast number of guru’s in this community which can assist you. I only am beginning to learn a few but have had great results for my needs. Im still a little hesitant as some methods are pretty extreme and i just havent built the nerve up yet to try.

1 Like

First thanks for your input. I have been reading about LST and the other methodologies since I texted you last. I am getting stoked about it! It seems like fun even though it takes up a lot of time, but I am retired so?

I eventually want to grow and train one to look like a bonsai.

3 Likes

I am a Cubs fan living in Oak Lawn which is Sox territory.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I would recommend 2 plants max with topping and LST Growmie. At a minimum I like giving a single plant 2 sqft of grow space and that requires a good bit of training and can still get cramped. The 60” ht plus the light could become an issue without topping the plants…benefit is 2 more growth points off the main versus a single which increases yield :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

A weed bonsai would be cool haahahha I’d like to try it too one day

4 Likes

Welcome to the Canna-Fam Growmie :call_me_hand: plants are looking good. Keep on keeping on with what you’re doing

3 Likes

I won’t hold that against you. :rofl: I live in cardinal nation territory but hey we have two things we have in common… love for weed and baseball.

2 Likes