Is this bud rot, or just dark pistils making me paranoid? Just trimmed and hung to
dry.
I had some black mildew spots during this grow (was a horrible summer!) but checked daily and removed any questionable buds.
Thanks in advance for the input.
Hi.
I think its not darkened pistils.
I would cut that off.
Some type of mold
WELCOME @PWP …Yes its either a mold or …my nemesis …Caterpillar damage…Peel it back and if its crispy and falls off in your hand look for little black shits that a Cater!! If its mold you for sure wanna tear it off or maybe (SORRY) chuck it…you don’t wanna be smokin mold!!
That is bud rot. Cut it back a couple inches from the rot and spray with peroxide and water at 50/50 to kill any stray spores.
Check the rest very carefully so it doesn’t ruin it during the dry.
![]()
Thanks all. Such a bummer!