Is it too late to upgrade lighting NEWBIE

Okay. Here is question.
We have 2 tents. 4x4x80 and a 5x5x80.
In the 4x4 we White
Widow Autoflower plants at 9 weeks.

In the 5x5 are GDP and Northern lights photos at 14 weeks.

Every water and feed we remove the plants from the tents and rotate them around inside the tent to change lighting coverage.

Concern is the blurple lights. Is to late to get replacements? Perhaps a moderately priced Mars or HGL. Or other recommended lights?
Is it too late?
Should we go with what we have or upgrade at these fowering stages?

@PurpNGold74

5 lights in each tent.

2 Likes

Each tent has 2 Barrina and 1 spider.
The 4x4 has the Kingled and a 65watt generic.
The 5x5 has the Carambola and a generic blurple.

2 Likes

I don’t think changing lights would hurt to much, I am having great success with AC Infinity T22s in my small grow. They are a bit spendy but way worth it.
There are many others who could weigh in with grows that size.

3 Likes

If you plan on upgrading, I would do it sooner than later.

7 Likes

Yeah you can upgrade anytime, it would definitely be easier than using multiple underpowered lights. Just get one that covers the whole grow area. Get a big bar style light. There are a lot of cheaper lights that are good these days

4 Likes

I see lots of bar lights on Amazon. Does the light have to have Samsung diodes to do the job or are there alternatives?

Its never too late to upgrade on lighting! Lighting is one area where you shouldn’t skimp…

1 Like

Didn’t find bar lights with Samsung LM301b diodes in my price point. I did order 2 of these lights which, with rearranging the lights in the tents, will get rid of the blurple lights and replace them with well reviewed lamps. Lamps were $239 each, but received $40 coupons on Amazon as incentive.

Get you a couple enfun grow lights. The ones without a frame. Super bright. Best light I’ve ever gotten off Amazon. They have the Samsung 281 diode. You will not be disappointed. And for $85 its like a sore peter, you can’t beat it

1 Like

You may want to take a look at company called medic grow they have reasonably priced bar lights

2 Likes

Look at the Mars Hydro G Series. They’re the budget series and use American diodes that claim same quality, and I believe a different driver than the FC’s.

1 Like

Couple higher end lights to be delivered tomorrow.

2 Likes

@1954dw Nice what did you go with

1 Like