It’s good practice to check ph on the way in always, and calibrate the ph tester regularly. Helps avoid fluctuation in media/soil.
Yea man its awesome I’m really happy. I raised them a little too, they seemed to like it. Hope it rides like this the whole grow lol. It’s hard for me to know when these vegging plants are going to need to be watered because they droop sometimes usually towards nighttime or morning then perk back up. Throws me off
Yeah, you are right. I probably should. I will start doing that
They’ll start resting toward the end of the day, that’s normal. I know it’s gonna sound repetitive but give ‘‘em a lift and if it’s light they’re thirsty. It’s a rudimentary method but it’s the easiest way for me. I always wanna water lol. I’ll lightly wiggle my finger into the soil sometimes about 1-2” deep and feel for moisture too, that’s not a recommended method cuz it can break/damage roots.
PH tells you the acidity or alkalinity of your water, there has to be a balance, FF has PH buffers in it already so that’ll help a ton. I used coco coir before and battled PH issues cuz I had a shitty meter and the coco doesn’t have the buffers to “auto-correct” any input inconsistencies.
Oh you’re not supposed to wait for them to droop?
Ok I gotcha. I didn’t know that about ff soils. I have never used the coco before that don’t sound like fun. I underestimated the environment a lot like humidity, growing outdoors is so much easier. Keeping up with watering is the hardest part outdoors. Indoors is different animal.
Man those girls have come a long way in 10 days. They are looking good sir!! @TMC.PRE
Dam man that’s not good.
Neither of mine have ever gave any codes
wonder if you just got a defective one:thinking:
Different strokes for different folks, it is yet another method for watering indication. I stay watching my plants and pick up the pots every 8-10 hours and feel for weight. FF gets pretty light when it’s dry. Others will chime in with their preferred methods and reasonings as well, there is a tremendous wealth of knowledge here!!!
ahhhh man lol now you have me worried I have not had any issues after cleaning it. maybe it’s how I have it all setup.
Thats what I have been doing growmie and that’s what other growmies have suggested earlier it’s just they always feel light to me. The bubba kush seedling felt light for 4 days then it started drooping. I’m confused on whether we wait until they droop or if you are trying to catch them not droop. The vegging ones in the 1gal plastic pots I lift them at least once a day I can feel them lightening up. It has been 11 days though since I have watered them.
I think so too brother this forum is awesome
Personally I try not to let them droop, I’m hydrating my 1 gals every 4-5 days and my 5 gals every 7 or so. Try not to over think it. Water is 8.3something pounds per gallon. Your plants look like they’re liking whatever method your using. Keep it up.
These two started drooping today i watered them. It would be nice to water them before they droop i just tend to overwater. And ive only done what yall have told me to do. The bigger ones in 1gal bags are getting pretty light too. The solo cups are hard to judge. And its like this light warrior mix does not retain water well.
Throw that thang!!! Just kidding. That is strange.
Heh. Im not kidding lol
That’s wild bro, but those #s look great other than being demonic representation lol. NICE Meter! Be sure to check the calibration intervals on it. I do mine every time I use it cuz it’s a vivosun CHEAPO. But it does it’s job when calibrated properly. And the solution/dry buffer packs are cheap.

