other than being a demonic representation lol. Yeah, I went ahead and got me a nicer ph meter because I seen on here people saying it’s a good investment. I haven’t calibrated it in a couple weeks, but I do ph test my 7.0 ph buffer when I’m done testing to see if it’s still right.
I use 4.01 and 7.00 as a reference prior to using it each time. Keep in mind that for some meters the test solution has to be at a specific temperature I think my vivosun cheapo is @25*C or something like that. In reading the manual calibration should be done at the specified temperature usually at room temp. Also (may be unnecessary to state this) the ph meter should never be stored dry, there is a storage solution that needs to be used or the life of your sensor bulb will be dramatically reduced and give you very slow or inaccurate readings. These are all things I learned the hard way and if I can help inform you of my mistakes it may save you time and frustrations.
I bought like 6 ph meters in a matter of a year cuz they were all neglected and I didn’t educate myself on the upkeep and maintenance of them.
However if your bulb does dry out you can rehydrate it by soaking just the bulb in distilled water for 1-2 hours.
Apera does a pretty good job on instruction manual. It comes in nice case too and gives you storage solution and tells you where to fill your cap with it. Hahaha i understand I have definitely learned the hard way. I know im very worried im going to ruin the mercury bulb but apera ph60 you can buy replacements which is why i ended up pocketing out 80 dollars and people saying they dont have to calibrate as much.
Just the strain. It looks good and healthy.
How is that read. I have no idea how to read it
How to read what growmie? If you highlight a section of text from a post it’ll give you the ability to quote that section of a post.
Just like this so I know what part of my post needs further explaining. ![]()
The ridges are normal, some plants display them and some don’t, my wife says it’s cuz they’re smiling lol.
You gonna transplant the little guys in the solo cups? Should be getting close… lol I feel like I’m following your plants like they’re my own. Lmao.
I don’t know how to read the DLI can someone explain how to read it.
The easiest way is going to be using an app, I use Photone on my iPhone and it works well. Same as android. It’ll calculate the dli for you, just tell it how long your lights are on and measure at the canopy. You’ll have to pay for the specific type of light you have. If led use full spec. $6 I think it was. Set your lights intensity and canopy distance for your needs. IE: if your temps are low turn the light up and back it away from your plants to help heat it or turn the down and move them closer to help with cooling.
Photone app dli
Photone app ppfd
Photos and autos differ in schedule
For photoperiod plant
For automatic flowering plant
In a nutshell It’s a measurement of how much usable light your plants receive in a day.
Please let me know if this doesn’t help your understanding of dli, it took me some study time to understand what I was measuring and why.
lol that’s awesome it almost has become a grow journal anyways. Yes, I think I’m going to transplant this morning they are needing water every 3 to 4 days now and I heard when that happens to transplant, and they have 3 to 4 sets of leaves.
Also smiling is good to me hopefully they stay smiling lol
Those are both great ways to determine move up time. Your plants are looking very happy, glad you were able to sort everything out early so they thrive instead of just survive! Mine are in full flower and the daily growth is surprising!
I just dropped 3 new strains 2 photos (original skunk #1 and white whisper) and my first auto (violet kush)
These two are la kush cake, lights changed to 12/12 on Dec 18th
Those are looking really nice!! I like the colors. Looking good man. Yeah i am too i have a long way to go though
If your making a conscious effort they’ll be fine. Something I do after transplant is to water only around the far edges the first few times with small amounts of water so the roots have to reach out and find it themselves. I believe it helps them fill their space faster. Man that tent is looking nice brother!
Looking good. Older plants started drooping yesterday. I didnt mess with them waited to see if they still were today and they were. So went ahead and watered the older ones 4 cups of water cal mag solution
I have 2 of them that my water is just running through i poured 4 cups and got 1 cup of runoff, seems like a lot.
As long as your watering nice and slow and not just dumping it in all at once, give the soil time to absorb it. I just watered 2 5 gal pots today with 2 gal each w 1/2 gallon run off.
Check to see if it’s about the same weight as the 2 that are seeming “normal” if they’re light give ‘em some more so they can absorb it.
Did you test the run off water? Just curious
Your plants are looking SO GOOD.
Are you topping and doing LST?
lookin like they’re getting close to time to start if that’s the plan.
Yes, I’m watering pretty slow. But I pour from a glass Pyrex and pour pretty slow taking about 4mins total estimate to water one plant. I definitely don’t dump it lol. I did check the weight it feels pretty close, and I did wait awhile and pour a little of the runoff back on it lol.
yes, I tested the ph as well.
FronRight - 6.5ph BackRight - 6.3ph Middle - 6.7ph BackLeft - 6.5ph
FrontLeft - 6.96ph(this was the one that didnt retain water well) Back
And thank you very much! I was thinking about topping, LST I do have a trellis net, but I’m not well educated on any of it and not very confident in it.
It’s a little worrisome when you first start doing it, cutting the top of your plant off… I use little bamboo skewers instead of a net. I’m getting ready to do it soon and I’ll post photos…. but when I start LST after topping it looks like this, I do it about 2-3 weeks after topping when it starts growing again.
Before
After
Then I let ‘em veg a while longer
It makes for a really nice flat canopy.
those look really good. Yeah, it does make a nice even canopy and more bigger colas for sure.
So, what should my humidity be at now around 50%? Also, am I supposed to have a little fan or something circulating air in the tent. I’m confused about all of that.

















