I think your going to do fine, attentive and in tune with your plants.
Good work
I think your going to do fine, attentive and in tune with your plants.
Good work
If I haven’t had to water my seedlings in 5 days and they were starting to droop today, would it be out of ordinary to need to water them?
That sounds about right. I water seedlings with 1/2-1oz about every 4-5 days. Longer if they have domes over them. Get a feel for what your containers weigh when they’re completely dry and plants are thirsty. The. Again after a good slow watering. That’s what I use as a guide to watering. Yes they are now telling you they’re thirsty.
ok good slow watering got it. yes, they do feel light to me too. sounds good
I try to drizzle the water around the outer edges of the container away from the base of the plant so the roots have to reach out for moisture, resulting in better root development. Wherever there is water the roots will surely find it.
that’s what I did gave them a nice slow soaking no more than 1oz of water hope i did good well see soon lol. I’m also wondering how long they can stay in the solo cups with light warrior/ ffhf mix?
I grow in FFOF with happy frog pellets. i transplant when they have 4 sets of leaves including the coyteldons (1st set of smooth leaves) the soil feeds them everything they need for the first 30-45 days, I test the runoff water after watering to determine when to start adding nutes, usually when the runoff tests @1000ppm or less. I am sure to be extra careful when removing them from the cups if they’re dryer they come out better for me and I wet the soil they’re being transferred into some so it’s easier to make a new hole for them.
I planted my bigger ones in ffof from the jump, but I thought maybe I was burning them. So, I planted these backup seeds in light warrior/ ffhf mix in the solo cup. Now I feel like these will need to be transplanted sooner than my others that started in ffof. Would this be correct?
Don’t have an ec/tds meter yet just a ph meter. Should be able to get one soon though. So far the Apera ph60 works well probably just stick with that brand I guess
People dont talk about this enough but this is absolutely the best way to know when to water no matter what size container.
Get a fill of it right after water and liftt them each day. It gets to where its the first thing you do is lift the pots a little and you know instantly if today is water day ![]()
I will do this! They seem to be doing better no more drooping and the humidifiers working great @1HappyPappy
Those those, i got 2 of them ![]()
New plants don’t need much nutrients I think it’s better to let them get established well and then transplant to final home, I try to transplant only 1 time as it is stressful to the plant. From the cup to their lifelong home. Some growers just start them right in their forever home. Mine are usually in solo cups for a few weeks before going into 5 gal plastic pots with a ton of holes punched 1/2 way up.
(Solo cups) They do look like they’re still stretching a bit for light, maybe put them up a bit closer to the light.
ok. sounds good. these have been popped up in the solo cups for 2 weeks now. Also, when you say 1/2 in up you mean, 1/2 in up on the side of the pot then drilling holes?
I think it’s time to get rid of the picnic table too lol. put them on the ground today?
Here is one thing though.
I ph’d the runoff water of my seedlings yesterday and they were all below 6.0ph. 5.5ph to 5.9ph. I checked my calibration and its calibrated ± .1. But I’m wondering since my soil is ffhf/light warrior if lower ph would be typical? or is this not the case and I need to bring that ph up?
If your light hangers have the ability to go low enough go for it, the solo cup plants should be a bit closer to the light, the stem is growing tall and lanky, indicating it’s not getting enough light.
My 5 gal plastic pots have holes drilled halfway up all the way around to help with oxygenation and drainage the red dots are portraying holes drilled in the pot.
5.9 isn’t terrible for ph runoff for soil mine is somewhere around 6.0 normally, when I see it dropping I’ll boost it a little by increasing the ph on the next water/feeding by .1-.2 higher than I normally do. My nutes recommend 6.02 for soil. So for example if I seen 5.5 in my runoff reading I would mix my next water @6.2
Here is a basic chart for nutrient availability vs ph levels
How are things goings? Ph runoff tests lookin better?
Honestly i havent watered my veggies since 12/17 when i transplanted them
I just watered a bubba kush seedling today. I didnt check the ph because i was just going to not worry about it unless i have problems.
So far so good brother no complaints here i try to just stay out of there way which is hard because im off this week lol.
@1HappyPappy those humidifiers are nice they throw codes at me though i had to clean it already lol.
The solo cup plants are looking much much better and everything has a much better green to it.
getting close to transplant time for the little ones. Lookin like things are smoothing out. Glad to hear.