Wow, that’s a lot of info! Touched you took the time to give so many details too! It’s not that I insist on any particular item to use etc… it’s just all I have available atm and seriously, no more cash to be spent So, I’ll use what I have & hope for the best… One thing in my favor is that my perennial flower beds provide me with some Mykos, of sorts… didn’t even know what it was until I came here! lol I’ve even grown some oyster mushrooms by adding it to my own compost soil and growing in the garage… yep, I’m very primitive and limited on supplies, so I just try things
I am taking screenshots, so I can refer to your advice & suggestions as best I can… brain fog has been very very bad for me over last 2 mos, so I lose track of not careful… but wow!! Thank you for the help!!
I prob missed some subject matter but rest assured I’ll read your info over & over!! Ty!
And I WILL do the best I can to follow this… cuz I grew a northern lights recently… was excited as all get out about it… but, because of lack of nutes, is my guess, it started out very nice, then got squirrelly on me, didn’t produce as I had expected So, some form or fashion of nutes will be on the menu from now on ![]()
You are most welcome.
Thats all any of us can do.
Plants feeding plants! A good outdoor garden that has healthy plants is likely a great source of microbial life to be used in your cannabis soil.
This place is good for that kinda thing. This forum is a very peaceful place to learn how to grow. Been here for lil over 2 years now.
I grew a mushroom or two… Once upon a time. Your home made compost would make a great tea that you could feed your plants with. All you would need is your compost and some molasses, maybe some citric acid for phing. Little more too it then that but Im willing to bet you already have an idea of what Im talking about.
I come to the forum multiple times a day so if you got any questions, @Docnraq will grab my attn. Please feel free to ask. I owe any success I have had in growing to this forum, and I like to pay it forward.
Im a stickler for record keeping and when I first started I had a clipboard for every plant. Everything! What nutes, how much, ph, tds, the works. It sucked, 5 clipboards was alot. Anyhow, I found an app thats called growing with Jane. Its free up to like 12 plants at a time, and It tracks everything, keeps notes, photographs, everything! You can even get detailed like whatbkinda light its under and ml or grams nutes. Its THE BEST! Cple screenshots here.
Thats a good call. Usually amended soil will have plenty of nitrogen to get you into flower but it lacks the P and the K to stack and build flowers, and insufficient nitrogen for the preflower stretch by the time it occurs. Some nitrogen is still needed during flower too and by then its really not there. Which just means light and small flowers. Any chance you have a worm farm?
First let me apologize for not breaking out each comment on yours but I’m in kind of a hurry at the moment and wanted to reply
I do occasionally make my own compost but I have 1 flower bed that has the microbial: I just might try a tea for watering here & there… I’m trying to take care of self, by not trying to lift ‘weight’ like I used to… Heck, I can’t even kick a shovel anymore
It’s taken more than a year just to wrap stuff like that around my brain… (lost a lot of friends as soon as I was labeled ‘sick’ … I’ve already stopped asking for help… If I can’t do something or afford something,I either create a way, or try to forget it…
And yes! I do know about molasses, etc… I’m currently out, but, I experiment too ![]()
I kept a clip board with notes (when remembered) on 1st 2 plants… Set that clipboard up for next grow (2 plants- Bruce Banner & Gold Leaf)
Growing with Jane
yeah! I have their website bookmarked, didn’t see the app!! Thanks! I’ll be sure to check that; will be easier than clipboard for sure!
Thanks again man!
I believe everyone’s time is precious, so I am grateful for the replies!
Enjoy your weekend!!
OH! That blue dream leaf over Raqs face is something else!! WOOT!
Happy growing!
None necesary.
Thats a shame. Friends are for helping, if they dont help, they are not friends. Believe the word is aquaintance. Wich is like a friend but wont help you w/jack!
You wont find that here. Not on this forum, and most certainly not in my thread. You need help with your grow, its free here, no strings and no favors except 1, you gotta share the knowledge. Ask away my friend.
Absolutely! You are most welcome.
Thanks again Doc… I have been blessed by the ILGM forum and entire website… Many reply to posts & I try to stick around & read as long as I can, help eliminate repeat questions ![]()
You hit the nail on the head about acquaintances ![]()
I’ve been trying to re read the veg state… flowering state, looking to see how some defoliate, train, etc… when it gets to the point where I just can’t picture something or don’t understand, I’ll be sure to hit you up… just prefer not to bug anyone… especially if my question turns out to be stoopid to some… and I get it & appreciate it that you like to pay it forward… I try to live by same philosophy when poss
I feel like I messed something up growing my 1st Northern Lights… didn’t get the growth I expected, and harvest was ok, but not as good as, say, Amnesia Haze… so, I’m back peddling to see if my brain fog got the best of me I’ve noticed in hindsight, it’s been more predominant over last couple months Journaling is going to be a necessity!
I need to go take care of my dogs, get something to eat… and try to read more, if I can keep my eyes open ![]()
Have a great night! Everyone!! ![]()
You should start a journal here on the forum too, I cant tell you how valuable it is to be able to look back at what I did, and my thoughts at the end of the grow. If you do be sure to tag me, Ill follow along.
Waves
Hi!! I’m still around lol
Been quite a while since I’ve been here … wanted to answer this 1st… I can barely keep basic temps in a ‘journal’, if you can call it that… I DL’d that 1 App you suggested It was too confusing for me, or at least it was … I’ve had the most awful luck with seeds not germinating
8 out of 10 seeds never did anything… so I ran lights & everything for what? 3 mos, for nada… Was trying Bruce Banner, Girl Scout Cookies, Gold Leaf and Royal Gorilla
and not ONE turned! Lost so much losing them… The other day, I pulled out 2 Blueberry
seeds, popped in the water & 2 days later, bam! Both ready to sink in a little soil! One has already broke the soil surface.
The other one is slow… I hope… But, now I need to get familiar with Blueberry, I read up on the others… all I remember about BB is that she’s colorful… I did change my tent a little so I could add water buckets to help with watering
I hope you and family are doing well!! I’m going to be here for a bit, catching up, do some more reading and see about posting a few hearts…
Thats no good, ilgm seeds? If so they have a germ guarantee so you can get your seeds replaced if you contact them about it. Tell me about your germ process, maybe we can nail it down a little.
We are doing very well. Thank you for asking. My son just moved back in with us, couldnt be happier.
Hey … Glad you guys are good, hopefully son being back is a good thing ![]()
Yes, the seeds are ilgm. Thought the guarantee was in 30 days of purchase So I knew going in I couldn’t grow more than 2 plants at a time (never came up with a stool or anything to try a 3rd up the center of the tent, but that’s the idea lol maybe 1 day)
Germination process is no different than the website… (how I grew the first 3) I remove each seed without touching it, or using sterile tweezers or just gloves… Each seed gets it’s own container & they get covered either with a lid or a dark towel… and on germination blanket… So… I thought it must be the use of the blanket?? Maybe too warm … Tried next set of seeds in a warm /dark spot in the pantry… Nada! Even after 3 weeks & changing water regularly (yes, PH correct, somewhere between 6.0 & 6.5, always!!) I even felt so desperate on the last 2 seeds, that I buried them anyway in the top like 1/4" of the soil… I still look to see if they pop up… but no … I’m really not doing anything any different, however, the 2 Blueberry… I put in the pantry… (no heat and away from A/C vents) they both showed tails in 2 days… I always always always make the mistake of planting directly into the pots in the tent… I think I do that without thinking cuz I don’t want to transplant later… I’ve never had a prob doing that, until now… The 2nd BB broke the soil with the seed hull still on it’s head… I re-buried ever so slightly with a few drops of water (yest) SIGH Really thought she was going to curl up & die, but, she broke soil again today, w/the hull still there… if she doesn’t shirk it off, should I try & help? And if so, are tweezers ok? Using them one time, ever so lightly, kept dropping the seed lol but, that may have shot the germ process idk… I feel like I’m beating a dead horse… but, I’ve been spinning my wheels, wasting electricity $ on nothing for 3 mos (about to cry) I think I will try to email ilgm… that was a lot of seeds. And most all were the same, mostly Bruce Banner, Gold Leaf, Girl Scout cookies Heck, I backed up and tried the Amnesia Haze I had just grown from ilgm, and 1 strawberry cheesecake (from seedsman) and they didn’t germ either!
On a positive note… I have at least 1 BB growing… and 1 trying
If I don’t get something growing I won’t have any winter smoke Seems like maybe I should grow as fast & often as I can during the colder months… much more profitable lol
That’s a lot to read & I can’t remember every reply atm… so, I may be back… thought I had bookmarked info on all the seeds I bought but I think the Almighty Google has seen fit to wipe out a lot of stuff… along with changing My Contacts & other stuff… #facepalm
Oh! I have been to grow with Jane, I think I looked at the wrong app when I was updating others, need to see if I can manage that App for journaling, thanks again for the info!! And feedback!!
Have a good one!
I dont know anything about that, but Id contact em anyhow. Worst they can say is no.
Yes, be gentle.
This is normal.
Yes tweezers
Might have to consider clones vs seeds. Lil more spendy but they are alive and growing when you get them.
Anytime my friend, you are most welcome.
Not spinning your wheels, figuring shit out. You will get it. Your diligence will pay off.
Very true! Always learning! I will prob take your suggestion of cloning… I did pretty good experiment on one of my grows, took 3 clones, all 3 grew, all at different stages and phases, 2 produced a little But, I wasn’t expecting any to produce, so knowing what I did wrong then, can only help…
Thanks again! So grateful for you and the forum!
I’m baaaaack! And didn’t take 3 mos,
cuz I just have to share this:grin:… the little helmet head BB… what a stubborn tail… There was like a film? From the inside 9f the hull, stuck over her, suffocating her… lol I thought I had it… nooo!!
So I removed it with tweezers and holding her steady under the soil, thus not touching it… after several tries, I got it… and she’s more yellow
I did give her a few drops of ph correct water & misted the plastic cover
I looked as soon as I got up next morn, yest?? And it was like, night & day! She’s greener already and has spread slightly open!!
What a fighter! And thank goodness cuz I need both of these plants to produce…
The BB on other side is trucking right along!
Here’s overall…
All the same equipment ,just a little change from 1st 3 plants. I already love & hate having the buckets for auto watering…
I also decided to raise the lights a tad higher than usual, so they are at least 18" - 2 ft above. I realize AF is going to produce the more squatty / fat shape (I was still getting 10-15" colas, I was very happy with them) but I’m going to ‘try’, topping, idk if I’ll do both plants or just 1… & I want to learn how to get to seed, cuz I can’t buy anymore, unfortunately… which is why I totally bummed having all those seeds not make it… the weather has been so odd this year, here… that’s got to factor in somehow too…
I had a ton of stuff I wanted to say, mention, ask about & now I can’t remember smh (really hate changes I can’t control, ie: brain fog, memory loss, etc)
I’ll come back if I remember, cuz something was important, I thought ![]()
Here we go, this part of what I need…
I’m not using CalMag… yes tap water, ph’d correctly… and… I learned with tropicals and some indoor commercial accounts I provided maintenance for, Peter’s Professional plant food, was all it took, occasionally, to have healthy robust plants… I was thinking of doing side by side comparison of the FF series & Peters… Peters looks like Miracle Grow, but works wonders overall & supports bloom… When I need nitrogen, I actually have a few pill bottles where I store wads if my hair… (I have very long hair & I lose more of it in a day than the average) planted into the soil; it’s amazing the restoration it can give) The question here is, do you have any opinion on Peter’s? Have you heard of it?
And in the water whicking. /buckets… I did use a very very mild dose of Peters to both, trying to encourage root growth quickly… mistake?
I am going to write ilgm I guess, cuz I really can’t tell you how badly I needednthise seeds to produce… I have zero income atm, going thru 2nd application of disability,
and
for this one to bring me relief mentally, and ease up on stress… both are triggers…
So, I did journal all of it! Even the regular temps of tent, room etc… Now I just need to find the 2 or 3, order numbers.
I feel awful writing them… just in case I did something & don’t realize what… I do hope they understand I haven’t changed anything in the way I germinate Proofs in the pudding!! Both Blueberries germinated!! Did yem all the same way…
Ok enough Thanks for reading!
Never heard of it before. Just be sure that its safe for fruits and veggies, some fertilizers are made for flowers but not for human consumption.
A good side by side is always fun. For any true data you would need clones though.
Potentially, especially if the soil is amended. Seedlings do not need any food for at least the first couple days, and in ammended soil it will be weeks before any addtl nutrient is needed. I dont know enough about the product to really say. Or is this for different plants?
You shouldnt feel bad. They have the policy, you will either fall into it or you wont. You only need to feel bad when you are doing something wrong my friend.
Good luck with your disability app. Hard to get I understand.
Gotcha I the Peter’s…rolls eyes at self didn’t consider the difference for flowers bs veggies, but I seem to think was good for both Ill have to dig into it again & find out… Both little girls look good today… was hoping for a big boost to see new leaves but I’m rushing them…
Yes, was same plants
so we’ll see
Yes I do have a worm farm… a couple actually not big one’s but plenty for composting etc… I have ‘wildlife’ in the current growing pots (meant to answer that earlier)
Well, off to Dr… Then, deliberating finding a roommate… don’t like strangers when I sleep, but at least I have the dogs… it might be doable to keep me afloat… cuz if I get denied this year on disability, I’ll most likely lose my house… and prob dogs, and that I just can’t think about today…
Thanks again!! Have a great day ! And anyone who reads this!
Btw, I must be an idiot… I have been all over the website for ‘Contact Us’ and the only one I find takes me right back to the questions page of ‘did you germinate it our way’ Try that 1st then contact us… but there’s no way to contact them. Or click on Submit Form… That too goes no where, but where I came from … done for now
If anyone knows how I contact ilgm to replace seeds I’d appreciate it!!
Got the step by step for ya.
Awesome! Cannabis loves compost tea! Even when using synthetic nutes!
Sorry to hear of your troubles, hate the idea of an unwanted roommate. Especially with your grow efforts, you want to be able to trust the people around you and your plants.
@Docnraq Thanks so much… apparently I was stuck on a loop where submissions can be made for Australia smh I got thru the Contact Us now & requested replacements… #happy
dance tytyty!
I really don’t like giving out all that personal info, ie poss roommate etc… but, I still live in isolation due to auto immune issues… so I only have my dawgz to speak to & they don’t reply well lol Sometimes it helps to just get a little feedback on life too… I don’t want to be a ‘sad story’ here… really want to enjoy my visits to the forum & take my mind OFF the worries, but as I said, sometimes another opinion or insights might be what’s needed to make a difference ![]()
Really appreciate your replies I sure don’t want to hog
so much of your time… I can’t always identify when brain fog hits, until later, when clarity provides details, so my apologies for the Stoopid stuff I may ask or say…
I’ve jumped outta bed every morning just to check progress on ‘the babies’ (both blueberries) the 1 that came right up, is what I’d call a fat bottom girl!! She has some WIDE hips on her! (leaves) and the 1 that was suffocated, still has yellowing on the 1st 2 leaves, and is just now reaching up for the light… but, I think she may be ok, just going to be a little behind the other, growing
1st one, doing well…
Helmet head!! lol
I’ve always been a stickler for removing yellow leaves… should I take tiny scissors
& cut the yellow off? Or not be too concerned over that? I’m thrilled to see 2 leaves coming! ![]()
![]()
I’m hoping to have time over next couple weeks to hook up the 2 lights I bought sometime back, and so glad I did when I still had $… to poss convert walk-in closet to a grow room… that or maybe take the entire room the tent is in… idk yet which would be easier… getting all the mylar up on walls & don’t think I have enough of that to do the ceiling But! I do have a boatload of aluminum foil that I saw somewhere on here, someone used it with cardboard walls… so that may have to be an option… but with AF seeds, may not even be an issue, right?
Thanks again for everything! Hope you & anyone reading, have an awesome Fri & upcoming weekend!!
I found the label that came with the Peter’s Prof Plant food …
lmk what you think about this pls… I also have FF trio,
I’m guessing from things I’ve read, I would use them Left to right… Grow big until flowering begins? Then use Tiger Bloom and or Big Bloom until finish?
I’ve never used so many different ones… so this is a learning curve for me… I will also ‘try’ to make some compost tea, but even that is hard for me, the digging & not supposed to be in the sun anymore smh (previous sun worshipper, kills me to not be out in the yard all day long & veggie gardens are a thing of the past now I guess…) I have a 10x10 Tuff shed in backyard that I wanted to convert into 1/2 greenhouse & 1/2 chicken coop… but even if I find loads of glass, old windows & doors, etc, to use as makeshift walls for light, I can’t find reliable local yocals to do it, or pay them, much less… Maybe tho, over time, I could do it (I’ve seen some really good stuff on YouTube for this)Anyway… may just be a dream for now!



















