How many seeds in a pot and how many plants in a 5x5 grow tent

if u r purchasing new lights, i suggest the HLG Quantum Boards,
many different panels to fit different grow areas,
great spectrum, high intensity, very efficient (less watts needed),
very versatile, u can get one or 2 QB for now and get more when funds allow.!

HLG QB runs best at 30-40 wpsf,
HPS is 40-50 wpsf,
cheap Blurples need 50-60 wpsf,

r u looking to fill the 5x5 with wall to wall lighting.?

Three rows of four QB120s or 132s on a DIY setup would be great for a 5x5, almost 800 average ppfd. More than plenty for veg and solid for flowering. Has me thinking of the future…

I get really confused reading that the LEDs are better HPS it has been around forever HIDs or this so I’m just don’t have big funds to keep buying the stuff so I’ll send back the old stuff or new stuff if I could just get somebody to help me out where’s the best place to purchase it and to get the right amount for my 5x5 tent I believe all I need is the 190 for my filter exhaust intake I think the 190 would work they say 5 x5 equal 125 SF with a square foot I don’t think I need to go to the 440 cfm and my ventilation and then just my fabric pots and good good seed hopefully that’s correct

Hey guys been so confused about lighting & since I am a old man and since I am old school,I am going back to HPS style growing.SO I got 1000 watt lights with digital ballast filter (BLABLABLA) So will I need another 1000 watt light in a 5x5 tent. Thanks for your help.

@Ford12 You should be fine depending on how many you got going

I’m hoping to do 4 to 5

Also on the air cooled fan on that MH style light housing does that have to have an inline duct work going to the air-cooled light or is it just from the air that is in the grow tent. Sorry I’m asking dumb questions just want to make sure that I’m setting up the light and the fan properly

Hey hog Master can I just buy a 6in inline fan to go for my light for cooling them I also have a 4-inch fan that hooks up to my carbon filter wondering if that’ll work used the light fan for exhausting and my other one I guess for intake and odor control is that how it works I am so new and confused I’m about ready to give up even though I’ve spent over seven hundred bucks which isn’t much I understand but I’m starting to get ready to pull every hair out of my body out thanks for all your help guys I really appreciate it just senile old man I guess loss of memory too many Good buds when I was younger

I feel for you Ford12. Lighting makes my head want to spin…as does new technology…we are becoming our parents! Problem is too much information and opinions causes ā€œanalysis paralysisā€. Hang in there and you will see that a grow is soooo much worth the effort!

You are so right boggles my mind got to work through it though like you said 4 back surgeries in the last nine years all they want to do is keep feeding me opioids morphine makes me pee into a no man land got to do something that will at least take my pain away and let my mind go at ease thanks for your your thoughts yeah

I’m an older grower as well so there is company. I’m so old my first attempt (mid 1970’s) was with one of those purply grow lights our mom’s used for African violets.

When I decided to do a modern (bud producing) indoor grow I spent about six months prepping (which definitely included studying lighting tech).
I built one grow room, tore it down before using and built a better one.
I’ll reconfigure that one after this crop.

I guess what I’m saying is study up to a point then jump in to get past theory and into application.
You are going to make mistakes just try learn from them.
Start with small grows until you get things figured out, seeds are pricey.

Yeah that’s what’s happening with me been studying asking finally got it done now just taking my time to rewire redo plumbing and in ready to check it out but thanks for your encouragement

@Ccarro