How do you up your nutrients each week?

Just a quick question about adding nutrients to my ebb and flow reservoir each week. After my initial solution is mixed and the first week is over, how do I add the nutrients for the coming weeks into the reservoir? I’m only planning to change out my reservoir solution every couple of weeks, what’s the standard here? Top off reservoir with new nutrients, or does that make the solution more concentrated? I love to hear what you do. Thanks all!

1 Like

morning Pdawg…what nutrient line are you using… I don’t have an external reservoir so I change more often than most do …

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I use advanced nutrients. I’m wondering how I keep up with their/my feeding schedule without changing the whole reservoir each week. Seems wasteful.

2 Likes

I have not seen a hydro grower that uses that Advanced nutrient line speak about how they keep the reservoir nutrient level between changeouts… I know the ones that use Jacks 321 have a formula they use … I change out weekly once I start the veg phase…

2 Likes

Top your reservoir off like the initial fill Grow Bro. I top my reservoirs off at 800-1000 PPMs or an EC of 1.6-2.0 and the same for change outs and initial fill. Check your PH periodically…it can drift upwards :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

morning @powdawg I saw this post this morning and although it is for the GH lucas formula there was a way to calculate reservoir nutrients in between changeouts and thought maybe you could make this work for your setup… Take DOT out and put in the .

https://hackingthegrowDOTcom/best-hydro-nutrients/

1 Like

Thanks ROG, I chatted with the folks at AN and they recommended changing the res each week with the new nutrients and only topping up if needed with a partial solution. Thanks for looking out. :v:t3:

1 Like

I top with no nutrient water in between change outs instead of a partial like they recommended to you…I think you will have better harvest if you change out weekly…cost more in water but I believe it makes your end product better…