Hellraiser grows Zkittlez and Banana Kush in coco with Jacks 321

Coco dries out faster than potting soil, needs more frequent watering. Also has a better air to water ratio than peat moss so you can keep it wetter and still have good oxygen content, less prone to overwatering issues.

10 Likes

:joy: I usually resemble that remark!

Sheā€™s happy Iā€™m in the group to learn before wasting time, seeds, and money. So, if you said I needed a 40x80 shop for toys and a hobby grow with CO2, she might buy it!

3 Likes

Transplanted yesterday into 5 gal fabric bags, moved into the veg tent under a HLG 135 B spec at 135 watts about 28 inches above plants, running 18/6 standard veg light cycle. Temp 75F Humidity 55RH - got the humidifiers cranking now that I harvested the Cherry Bubba Kush.

One of the plants was gifted to a local grower friend as I only want to take 4 plants into flowering.

They are 2 weeks old today - Day 14

31 Likes

Thatā€™s impressive for only 2 weeks - zkitz looking goodšŸ––šŸ¼

5 Likes

What is that coco?

1 Like

What Tribus do you use? This one is new to me. Is there different Tribus for veg and flower?

1 Like

There is different tribus but I would personally stick with the Tribus Original mix.

6 Likes

Itā€™s Canna Coco bricks, the few chunks are mosquito bits.

5 Likes

I have not used or bought any Tribus yet, gonna use up my AN Voodoo Juice first, but when I do itā€™ll be what @imSICKkid recommended, the Tribis Original.

8 Likes

Is there a different one for veg and flower? Or just the original for everything?

There is a tribus grow and a tribus bloom. They are a company that wants to sell as much as they can. At the end of the day, save yourself some money and stay with the original mix.

9 Likes

They must be very happy as the bottom left and upper right plant in the pic both went from 1 point leaves to 5 point leaves at node 2, the bottom right plant has 4 point leaves at node 2 - a strange oddity like a 4 leaf clover, donā€™t see that very often.

14 Likes

Could you do this with Jackā€™s and not add anything but the jacks?

2 Likes

Jacks321 seems like a great base for novice/new growers, so you definitely could. It has just about everything your plants NEED, I think what Hellraiser is supplementing is what the plants WANT.

8 Likes

Damn it I canā€™t figure out how to post a gifā€¦but ā€œBRAWDOā€ lol

GIF by Idiocracy

3 Likes

Was the tri foliate gifted or is that it in the top left of the picture? One other question. Where did you get your plant trays? I need some those! I want the grate and tray if you can point me the right way please

Yes, Iā€™m sure I could grow fine bud from start to finish with just Jacks and nothing added, just like I could grow fine bud with just the base nutes of Advanced Nutrients without any of their supplements, which I did with my first grow with AN. The supplements just helps in little ways here and there which can lead to a bit faster growth, healthier root system, thicker branches, bigger and denser buds and sweeter taste.

Once past the basics of what the plant needs, I provide supplements to try to maximize the quality and yield of the harvest and that takes some things Jacks donā€™t have in it, like amino acids including humic and fulvic acids, beneficial bacteria/microbes, B vitamins, and a molasses or sugar solution in flowering.

10 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve got a lot to learn

4 Likes

Yes, sheā€™s the top left plant in the picture. I wanted to grow her out. I used to cull trifoliates thinking they were always going to grow smaller buds and have less yield but the last 2 triā€™s I grew had the biggest buds and harvest weight of their groups, so Iā€™ll grow her out.

Got the pot elevators and trays from BGHydro dot com, go to that site and search for pot elevator and youā€™ll see both items come up as a result from that search.

5 Likes

I could see them having more to harvest in the end with the extra branch at every node. Thanks for the info good sir!

1 Like