Hellraiser grows Zkittlez and Banana Kush in coco with Jacks 321

I’m running 2 hlg 260 xl in a 4x4 and they are the sun for sure. I need to get one of those watt meters to guys talk about. Whatever it’s called lol

7 Likes

PAR test? umol /s total light output? umol/j efficacy? :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Yeah too much light most likely, same thing I had to learn to deal with when I switched to LED earlier this year. If I see a magnesium deficiency now, I lower the watts a bit or raise light some and plants get better. Got to find that balance, too much (or too less) of anything (nutes, lights, etc…) causes an imbalance and leads to problems.

14 Likes

Yeah that lol

3 Likes

I noticed a red stem.
That’s light burn?

1 Like

Not necessarily light burn, stems that get a lot of light can turn red or purple or could be just genetics, many of the strains I grow have naturally red or purple stems. Can also caused by a nute deficiency or other stresses. Wouldn’t worry about it much if everything else seems ok.

10 Likes

The problems I’m having is with that bucket plant.
It’s hard to control it. Problems come on fast and it changes all the time. The plant drinks a gallon a day.
It may take water one day and others it takes the nutrients. My rdwc is turning out way better.
Thank yall for all the help

1 Like

Great guide.

3 Likes

I got the same lights I go 5 ml. Calmag per gal.

4 Likes

strong text

First coco grow. Been using better house and gardens coco part a and b. Along with aptus nutes. Just flipped some of the bigger plants over to 12/12 as you see by light color in the one pic I assume. Looking at what you have going on it makes me think I need to try jacks

11 Likes

I got the kuman watt meter tried to dial in the dimmer on my 2 260 rspec it doesn’t seem very accurate, my watts are not near what it should be unless it’s my lights?

4 Likes

I have one of those as well and mine seems accurate enough with my 260 rspec, dims from about 90 - 280 watts and that’s what my kuman shows. Sure you got it on the right function as it goes from watts, kwatts, voltage, amps, min, max, cost - way too many functions anyway when all we really want to see is watts for our purpose of dialing in the lights.

5 Likes

Would Going through a power strip and timer affect the readings?

1 Like

It should not, as long as you have it on the watts function, it shows all watts going thru it, could have got a bum kuman if not working as expected. I actually have 2 of them and they work as I expect, once I got them on right function.

4 Likes

I bought 2 more 260xls.
Blamed it on you lol

13 Likes

Kill-a-watt is the other one: I have that one and I’m sure it’s like your units.

4 Likes

I have a Kill-a-watt as well, went cheap (the kuman) when I wanted more so I don’t have to constantly move the one monitor.

3 Likes

Yeah yeah, everyone blames me to their wives. LOL

24 Likes

Lol I didnt get in trouble so I might use that one again

4 Likes

I can only get it to 150 w max I need to put down the purple haze for a while my ocd is getting to me LoL!

5 Likes