Hi guys, I think I’m using bad soil. I saw a few websites said not to use 〜month feed up potting mix that’s what I use…(40%vermiculite and bit of mulch, and the potting mix. And some compost)
They didn’t have any problem at first, but some of them have white dots. Please tell me what to do.
Should I change the soil to a new one ? I’m worryd about maybe I’ll damage the roots.
Anyway, I’ll post some pics.
I live in South Australia.
Strain; Type, Sour D
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Pots
System type? NA
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? I give them PH6-6.5 water
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS NA
Indoor or Outdoor 6am-6pm (outside in the shade)
6pm-12pm (inside with a small LED)
Light system, size? I’ll post a pic
Temps; Day, Night Day 23℃-30℃ night 20-25
Humidity; Day, Night Day, 55%
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size. Just a fan when inside
If it has timed release fertilizer then yes, but the ingredients on the front are fairly benign.
White spots is most often a ph issue. If you don’t have a digital ph meter, order one along with standard reference solution.
How about you fill out a support ticket and be as complete as possible. Including watering practices.
COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile
@Jet06 without a support ticket, we would just be speculating. But it looks at little bit like water light burn. Looks like you may have gotten water on your leaves under an HID light @Myfriendis410 could also be correct about ph
Are you growing indoors or outdoors? Looks like if you’re outside, looks like something has been munching on your leaves a little. The plant in the last pic looks really good
I would not worry too much about the soil. It won’t be optimal because it’s hard to flush at the end but it should support vegetation fine. My first grow was on MiracleGrow Potting Soil with nutrients embedded and it was fine.
DO NOT try to change the soil. You’ll destroy the roots. If you repot you can add a different soil around the existing soil mass.
I suggest you get a 60X magnifier (Amazon <$10 US) and look carefully at the backs of some leaves to see if anybody is walking around there. Aphids are pretty common. Spinosad spray is harmless and works great but if you do have bugs you need to spray once a week for a while.