Has anyone used there own trays?

Sup Dudes / Dudettes

I was wonder has anyone had experience with using there AutoPot Aquavalve  with there OWN TRAY ?
  I want to put a 10 gallon fabric pot with one of the aquavalves ffrom my 5 gallon system into a larger water tray I have already. 

Also as anyone used a different fabric pot then the AutoPot brand will a aquavalve?
2 Likes

Someone here was just talking about something similar…

1 Like

AutoPot’s Easy 2 Go kit is designed to do just that. I used it with a washing machine drip pan to grow 2 dozen plants in 1 gallon pots.

2 Likes

You have any pics of that setup? I’m assuming you flipped clones shortly after they were established?

1 Like

No pictures. It was a few years back.

They were autoflower seeds that I harvested from a plant that pollinated itself the previous summer. They were on a 6 hours on, 2 hours off light cycle from birth. Exactly half (12) ended up male and were destroyed. Other 12 grew way too tall for the tent so I stopped the experiment.

1 Like

This next grow I will be using 3 gallon rain science bags in autopot XL trays. I believe @Nicky uses 247 Garden bags in his XL. Pretty much any size bag you can fit in the 10.4" tray will work.
247 sells tall bags that are narrower. You can simply roll the top down if need be. Their 4 gallon bag has a 11" in diameter.
I will still use the pot sock

1 Like

Thanks for the everyone!!! @Pinboy @beardless @CMichGrower

1 Like

Also it looks like I can use the AquaValve 4/5 in any tray as well. Looks like I need a

@beardless I’m going to have to check out those bags!!! I was wondering is it was better to have taller or wider bags? Also was thinking about square vs circular fabric pots .

I’m still on my first grow. I messed up seediness 3 times and I’m on my 4th attempt now haha

1 Like

Will absolutely work in just about any tray, they sale “easy to go” kits that are basically just floats you put in your own tray.
Autopot also makes “plant skirts” to seal them up but its not really necessary.

And same goes for other bags or any pot that will fit in the tray will work. The tighter it fits the better but again, not absolutely necessary

1 Like

I think total volume is what counts. Also, shorter / wider bags are naturally more stable then taller narrower ones.
These are six 2-gallon tall transplanter bags from 247 Gardens. I used them because they fit the scrog frame I was growing in.

The tops were turned down because I didn’t need the extra height.

In this one I used four 2-gallon rain science bags.

I like rain science pots so that is why I want to try the 3-gallon size in the XL tray

2 Likes

@beardless I thought this posted like a week ago man, sorry about that

Dude like your set up! I just bought some pvc today to try start making a frame for a trellis net.

How handy are those transplant pots ? I was wondering about getting some.

I will take the advice, thanks man. I

@1HappyPappy I appreciate that , tighter for many reasons I assume. More effective, probably cleaner and less effect on humidity

1 Like

@1HappyPappy @beardless
I saw yall’s pics of your set ups and got jealous so i made my own pot rack for tent. OMG it is so much better having the pots up on racks instead of each individually!!!
Also now i have some poles to do a scrog.
HAHA and I still haven’t got autopot set up yet,lol

4 Likes

3 Likes

Looking good man :+1:
All my stuff will be changing soon.
I got a super good deal on another autopot setup and some HLG uv bars.

A guy on ebay is selling all his stuff cheap.
I got a 12 pot xl system with a 60gal reservoir for $450 :grin:
And 2 uv bars for $55 each…

He has 5 uv bars left and another 12 pot setup and 8 hlg Diablo r-spec lights all for like half price of retail :sweat_smile:
I wish I had more room, I’d buy more :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh WOW NICE man! That auto-pot deal is legit! i need some more UV bars (not really LOL) I have UV-A and i want some UV-B ones. man where you going to put a 60 GAL, i wonder if you could put on wheels or it to heavy? Are you going to have to expand your tent/room? What made you decide to change?

Its funny because I just posted 2 HLG lights for sale this morning on eBay haha. 

Diablo’s for sale 350Rs , brand new I bought extra from a industrial lighting company got the wrong shipment and said they couldn’t sell them because he does ambient lighting in business offices. so yeah you know anyone who wants a brand new 350R Diablo for cheap send them my way bro!

3 Likes

Your plants look great and so do the racks! Just remember when you set up the autopots you’ll have to get the rez off the ground a bit higher to make up the difference. I’m cheap so I just swiped a couple cinder locks from the neighbor that work out well.
I’m curious about the uva. I have a Hlg uva strip but only used it on 1 grow. I had a bit of a disappointment on that harvest so I blamed it on the only thing that changed on that run which was the uva… now I have some girls in flower but I’m a bit apprehensive about using it.

1 Like

Thank you dude! I was honestly really worried about them because I stunned them. An oooooooh fuck everyone is like "don’t stun them you will DIE ahhhhhhhhhhh. haha

So im going to get some better pictures but my plants are on day 49 today. Some buds are a bit reddish, i know they are not done.

• my question is how much longer do you think i have until harvest? should i wait to hook up auto-pot nxt run, because Here is the next question.
  • if i do have a while to go until harvest, then how much bigger are they going to get ? I’m running out of room as it in this 4x4 tent.
  • So if i am going to run out of room… maybe i should focus on moving my pants to a spare roome and setting them up without a tent.

This is my first grow and The problem is what i did when i thought i messed up and stunned them all is i sprouted a whole new 2nd set of plants thinking the first were just crap. anyway a good problem to have i guess lol.

Let me know if you need better pics, it looks like a mess because im trying to water and reposition everything.

2 Likes

The bigger this is hard to guess because it looks like some are in flower and some aren’t. Are they autos? Either way I can’t see the ones in flower getting more than double the current height. I wouldn’t start the autopots on this run. I just think it’s better, especially on a 1st run, to run 4 of the same strain. Otherwise you could have some that want a different nutrient program than others and that’s a pain in the ass with 1 rez.
Watch the F bombs around here, lol they don’t like it much!

1 Like