Grow diary. ILGM London Pound Cake

Plopped 10 IGLM London Pound Cake beans in a shot glass :cocktail: with R/O and 20 drops hydrogen peroxide 2/27.

They had tails in 12 hours and went into 9oz clear cups of 75% buffered coco coir, 15% perlite, 10% vermiculite. Broke ground 12 hours later. Strong beans.

Currently under daylight spectrum flouro. Will be up-potting and burying stem a few inches in a couple days. Maybe tonight.

They will grow and strengthen in 2 gal. plastic pots with reused Happy :blush: Frog (old base soil), rinsed well (hot and cold rinse) and amended with epsoms, potassium carbonate, silica, Jack’s 20-20-20, and time release lime pellets. They will then go under full spectrum T-5s and T-8s until stout and ready for LST or something…

I hope you enjoy this. I hope the beans hold the genes to be special in my environment. Room runs 72F-80F, CO2 at 600-1300ppm, humidity moves between 45%-70% depending on the day.

The first, veg, phase will be under banks of tube LEDs, daylight. Some will get Jack’s 20-20-20, some will get Jack’s and a little molasses, some will get ‘Grow Dots’ and ‘Recharge’, some will get ‘Recharge’ and R/O, some will get R/O only.

Let’s see how we do!

4 Likes

Lost one child. Got a few inches tall then the mid-stem collapsed and she gave up. 9 still stroking along.

1 Like

At 10 days from breaking ground I have up-potted the 9 LPCs.

I put them in 2 gal pots, buried the stems a bit, and watered them in with a little R/O with recharge and Liquid Silicon.

They are now under banks of daylight flouros, 75F, 50-65% humid, 24 hrs of light.

4 Likes

Healthy looking seedlings. Good luck with your grow

2 Likes

Thanks. Hoping for some solid phenos. At least one. Takes a lot of space to search for a keeper mom so I hope it pays. Considering firing up another smallish veg space for the overflow.

1 Like

I haven’t experimented with clones yet but I am next grow.

1 Like

They are great if you find a pheno you adore and want to keep going. Cloning isn’t really feasible for autos though. Peace. :dolphin:

1 Like

Nine days since the last photo.

I had a heater get stuck on and though I was remotely alerted it took a day to get there for repair. The kidlets spent 18 hours @ 90F and 25%RH. A very tough VPD on youngling. They seemed to take it ok, surprisingly.

These London Pound Cake beans broke ground 19 days ago.

1 Like

They have been moved into a private room. I was going to do some side by sides tests on nute mixes and additives but have decided to run them all the same for a better clarity in the pheno-hunt.

Getting Jack’s 20-20-20 @ 650 PPM, in fluffy pretty well managed reused soil, recharge @ 1/2 tsp/gal rate, soluble SI @ 10 drops/gal rate, pH@6.2ish, temp of 72ish,RH @ 60%ish, 24/7 light under banks of 50watt LED Full Spectrum 4’ bulbs.

Peace :v: and Good Health!

:dolphin:

Seeds were started 2/27/24. London Pound Cake from IGLM.

New pics are another week in. 27 days from beans splitting.

Seeing some pretty obvious pheno differences showing up. Room environment has been consistent. VPD running average 1.3

1 Like

Now 34 days from bean split. Looking ok. Getting close to uppotting to 5gal.

Is that myco or a bad mold forming at the drain holes? It’s very white and has healthy roots popping through it…

That white fuzz at the holes is in the pots treated with myco and those not. It’ll be interesting to see the rest of the roots when I pull the plant for uppotting.

1 Like

The London Pound Cake ladies from ILGM have just passed six weeks since seed cracking.

Just repotted into five gallon cloth pots.

I’ll let them get comfortable then take clones and flower them.

I was seeing no benefit to a couple nute experiments detailed earlier so reported in my usual way.

At 60 days from bean split clones were taken from the bottoms and London Pound Cake has moved into flower!

12/12 HPS with supplemental UVB and MH. Temp set at 75F, humidity stays between 45% and 65%.

Peace and Good Health. SP. :dolphin: