Grow #1, Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Autos

Also, I turned my light back up to 60. I reread everything I could find about my light and I was right the first time. 20-40% for germination, 40-60% for seedling…
So I did have my light turned down for an hour or so last night. I’m sure that won’t hurt anything.
I am definitely going to buy an inkbird controller though. Looks pretty nifty, just not 100% sure how to set it up with my fan.

@Caveman86 Could it be that seed’s genetics? Try starting another for comparison. Someone made a great comparison here liking children & seeds. Same parents, same home & environment…and they turn out completely different.

1 Like

It most definitely could be. I have no idea. I’m assuming that it wouldn’t be in their genetics to have yellow dots on the leaves and/or yellow tips though, but you know what they about assuming. Haha!
At first I thought it was maybe some water drops got on there and caused it. Could of been, but I was doming it up until last night. Then I thought it could be the lights. I measured them and they were at like 21.5” so I raised them up to 24-25”.
My buddy thinks the soil is too hot, but it’s just perlite and happy frog. Should be ok I thought. Next grow I’m going to try the lying of soil method, but is what it is this go around.
Couldn’t be in need of cal mag I’d assume this early could it? I’ve only been misting the cup twice a day, put maybe 20 ml of water around the outside of the cup a few different times and gave her 200 ml of water last night.
Always ph’d to 6.5, last night it was 6.4.

The plant seems to be plugging along ok no problems though. I’m not terribly worried about it, I just thought I’d ask is all. Was talking to a buddy about growing yesterday and he was making fun of me comparing me to a new parent and the over the top ness that comes with the first child.

2 Likes

That exactly how it goes too. Your buddy was new once too and remembers it all too well. I don’t think many have chimed in because of just that. It’s easy getting worried about every little thing but as they say a watched plant doesn’t grow. LoL

1 Like

@BuckHunter… “Was talking to a buddy about growing yesterday and he was making fun of me comparing me to a new parent and the over the top ness that comes with the first child.”

Soooo…that makes us ‘helicopter growers’?? LOL

1 Like

Helicopter Grower

1 Like

Haha I guess so man! That’s too funny!

1 Like

HF is good, OF is hotter actually. I hadn’t thought of genetics, and that is very probably why the “spotted leaves”, lol.

@SKORPION how are you GSC going? I read through a journal of yours yesterday. Good stuff.

1 Like

Not bad had a white widow stalled and died but my gsc is looking good.

1 Like

They’re looking good, definitely a bit ahead of me. Ha!
What happened to the WW?

Checked on my tent this morning and found temp was 81, felt really nice to be honest. We had snow flying here on Friday and today it’s like 35…not ready for it yet.
Anyways, sorry, my tent was 81 with 81% humidity.
Plant looked really good, just wondering how long I get by with this humidity?
I’m looking at ordering the inkbird humidity controller, but it wouldn’t be here for a couple days anyways.
Here’s how she looked this morning.

The green has gotten darker and the yellow dots are more noticeable too. They gotta be from the doming, at least that’s what I’m thinking.

2 Likes

Not sure it happens ever so often, second one to do it out of 17 seedlings.

1 Like

The child’s growth sperts just ate alot of nutes. It will prob be a great producer. She looks great.

1 Like

Looks good

Watered yesterday and then decided to lower light today to 12 inches… Tonight I notice leaves are really standing up tall and temp. is up to around 88 degrees. Is this okay or should I raise the light back up? I’m still running it at 100 % full light.

1 Like

Your plant is super happy. Like super crazy happy! Lol.

Any time you see the praying leaves your good. Reaching and loving your conditions.

2 Likes

They look Good

1 Like

I ordered the inkbird ITC-608t today, should be here Wednesday. Also picked myself a small oil filled heater for my lung room. I’m going to ditch my warm mist humidifier for a cool mist one once I can get to the store.
Gave her 4 oz of water last night and I haven’t given her anymore than that yet up until this point at one time.
At what point do I water to run off?
Picture from last night.

Picture from tonight, 10 days above ground.

1 Like