Going perpetual?

Ok so I’m going to be buying more grow stuff soon! I’m looking at getting a new tent a new light and new soil. So really want to just make sure the tent/light are going to pair good together. So here’s the tent I’m looking at.

Smart Grow Tent Kit GIY-SGS-G55 5x5, 6-Plant Complete System, with WiFi E42A Controller, 3x 200W AeroLight Wing LED Grow Light, 6-inch AeroZesh S6 Ventilation Combo, and 2x AeroWave E6 Clip-on Fan

I’m gonna bite the bullet and buy either a Diablo referb or a brand new Diablo x. So my question is are these a good pair? This tent/light is going to be strictly for flowering.

4 Likes

Sounds like a sound setup to me :+1:
I run a Growers Choice Roi-e720 (720watts) in a 4x6 and it flowers nicely so 700ish watts is plenty.

13 Likes

How much did you get out of that? Or expect incase it’s not done yet. Also how many plants? @1HappyPappy

4 Likes

That picture was today, I’m hoping to tip 4lb :sweat_smile:
I get 3+ regularly but this may be the one that breaks 4 pounds :grin::sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Yea that’s nice! I was expecting around 2-3 just by looking. I’m hoping to have a tent like that a few times this year :joy:

5 Likes

Ok so I was looking at the Hlg website and I’m wondering what’s the difference between the Hlg scorpion Diablo, Diablo X and Diablo HV

@dbrn32 hey if I remember right you’re the resident light guy?

4 Likes

There’s definitely better ways to grow perpetually then how I do it.
But I have 3 tents and a closet, I tired rotating plants from seed through them with stuff at different stages at any given time.
But it wasn’t easy as i thought from seed. Different phenos with size, shape, flowering times got very overwhelming some times. Timing everything just right was impossible for me.
It’s how i ended up with so many tents :sweat_smile:
I started with only 2 but quickly was faced with both over grown :confused:

Fast forward a year and useing 4 spaces.
A small tent to house a couple mother plants to take clones from, i veg in a 3x5 closet, and flower in a 3x3 and a 4x6.
But I take clones regularly so I’ve always got something in veg that can be flipped at any time.
Since cloning is free plants i take way more clones then I can ever grow so I give and thorw away alot of plants.
I even throw away big giant plants when a mother out grows the small tent, i just throw it in compost and replace it with a smaller clone.

Just some idea’s on how I’ve been able to keep harvests regularly with not alot of time to work in the garden.
I also grow autos in smaller pots with soil and just kinda stick them in any tent that has an empty spot.

3 Likes

YUP,
Good plan.
Works for me.
Sharing is caring

3 Likes

I plan to do almost the same thing! Right now I’m using tents simply because it’s easier than building a grow room in this spare 15x12 room I have. I’m currently buying my house and have to get approved for any thing construction related or risk breaching the contract which I don’t want to do!

I’ve also got 2 plants going now a sour lowrider auto idk if it didn’t want to grow or I stunted it but it’s like 10in tall and swelling good but it’s all good I’m not pressed I basically planted it to test out transplanting it! Considering it failed in the aspect it froze on me lol.

Then I’ve got a wicked white widow that’s just vegging waiting till I get new tent to flower.

I’ve also started 2 new seeds yesterday.

1. Sugar haze

2 purple lemonade

All are photo except the sour low rider

2 Likes

I know we supposed to start autos in final pot but I have like 55 seeds of 6 different types so no harm no foul imo.

3 Likes

Pics are of the sour lowrider last one was taken just today

Then below I’ll just show a pic of the www today.

I forgot I do have a Panama red seedling also but it’s my mom’s so I’m just looking after it till she gets herself a tent.

4 Likes

If you are going for a kit look at ACI. Higher grade and quality in all individual pieces of the kit. You will most likely need or want to up grade each piece of that kit you referanced. Just my opinion. Especially lights and fans.

1 Like

Yea I’ve been looking at other tents not dead set on that one. But whatever I get the light won’t matter as I’m buying a Diablo.

1 Like

Kits are usually a cheaper way to go but kit items are sometimes cheaper built. AC infinity makes a decent tent. I have a Vivosun 4x8. It’s a good tent. Ac infinity has good in-line fans ,carbon filters and 69 pro control

1 Like

OUR opinion, too.

Thinking and planning for the future, buy twice or bigger.

3 Likes

There is different ratio of wavelengths from diablo to diablo x and the diablo x is slightly more efficient. I’m not familiar with diablo hv though, went and checked didn’t see on website either. Wondering if this just means diablo with 240 volt cord?

3 Likes

I actually just came across it was searching the entire page of all their products. All I did was hit store and all products. Then it was on the last page. I was just curious because I’ve never seen anyone talk about it.

2 Likes

I found it that way, thanks!

This is indeed like the diablo x but available with a 277-500v driver option. Running in this range would mostly apply to places with a three phase service. Like if someone was to buy a warehouse or industrial plant that had 480v 3 phase a lot of these would have lighting installed on 277v circuits. Any single leg from 3 phase transformer to neutral would produce 277v.

Due to the increased cost of installation of a 3 phase service it wouldn’t make a lot of sense to install one specifically to run these lights. But if someone bought a place to grow that already had 3 phase power it would make way more sense to buy lights compatible with what is there than to replace already working lighting circuits.

4 Likes

So I got like 3000$ to spend this year on grow supplies. I’m gonna buy the hlg scorpion Diablo x, going with BaS Clackamascoots mix! As well as the BaS no-till bundle and lastly unfortunately? I’m going to buy the vivosun tent I posted originally. I just don’t have the money and it will be easier for me to repurpose the lights that come with that kit as well.

Everything here comes up to a total of 3160$ I’m wondering do I hold out for a possible sale?

And idk if it’s a good or bad thing but I would rather cheap out on the tent than the light/medium.

So hold out or pull the trigger?

3 Likes

@DEEPDIVERDAVE @1HappyPappy @Audiofreak @John7 @dbrn32