Getch357 First Grow Journal

Looking good.

How many grows do you have under your belt now?

1 Like

well been about 10 months maybe 5??? but with each one i learn a lil moreā€¦for instance I just recently learned (thru my own stupidity that i was suppose to be using all 3 nutrients ) and i was only using 2ā€¦durrrr :roll_eyes: i was skipping because of the name the main 1 which was big bloom I assumed that and tiger bloom were the same thing :crazy_face: so now that ive added it ā€¦its making a big differenceā€¦the little things we miss :roll_eyes: but no matter what i try and i have at least 1 good light a hlg 300 r spec I JUST CANT GET A LOT OF WEIGHT ON MY BUDS THEY GROW LARGE BUT ARE ALWAYS really,really light! still trying to figure out what im missingā€¦ but always trying :wink: The good news is as u see this chronic widow looks really frosty so far im hoping for a B.O.M winner.

My last two yields have been light. I think I might have my lights too bright (HLG)

I need to figure out how to measure PPFD with out a $600 meter

1 Like

lights can be toooo bright??? I would have never thought that to be trueā€¦can u elaborate please?? I mean i know when in flower u go from say 18 hrs to 12 but now brightnessā€¦ :woozy_face: I know @dbrn32 has always been helpful with lightingā€¦maybe they could chime in hereā€¦i would love to learn this as well and especially if the lights being too bright cann affect end yield.

Sure. If you damage plants with them they wonā€™t produce like healthy plants. Outside of that is just more or less giving plants more light than they can process being a waste of money. Iā€™m not sure what is the case in this situation, but the answer to your question is yes.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 @Bulldognuts @kdawg @NeoGroR @Covertgrower @MrPeat and all othersā€¦so I have what will probably earn me moron of the year award :crazy_face: :crazy_face: but just want to make sureā€¦so for curing I have been using quart ball mason Jars with lidsā€¦I need more but they are expensive so i started looking and was curious does the jar have to be glass? can u use plastic? or something else?? just curious because a 12 pack of quart ball mason jars with wide mouth lid can cost upwards of 40 bucks!! yikesā€¦looking for alternative :woozy_face: :+1:

Iā€™ve seen others use plastic, but Iā€™ve always used glass.

Walmart sells 12 pack of quart sized jars for $10-12.

1 Like

I only use glass. Hellā€¦you can use pretty much any glass jar. A empty pickle jar. Spaghetti sauce jar. All you will need to do is make sure you got a good seal.

I have weed in mason jars that have self sealed themselves since I didnā€™t open them up. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts @Covertgrower @kdawg so i have a question this is my 1st grow using 5 and 10 gal bagsā€¦im not liking them cause the water if it doesnā€™t go directly in the middle just comes right out of the bag and all over the floor of my tent. yes i have under trays that are suppose to catch it but they barely fit under the 10gal bags so ive ordered bigger trays. the real question is 2 of my 4 plants are growing really weird almost in circles like a tangle bush. not straight up and seem to be way behind on growthā€¦has this ever happened to anyone here? also Iā€™m not liking the silica! every time i use it my plants seem to get screwed up which could also explain these 2 (cause the nutes i used had silica it was left over from the last plant that was really bad.) so by accident i used what was left of it and i believe it affected these 2 plants. 1 last thing what do u all run your grow rooms/tents at for humidity during winter months when it is naturally low?? thanks for you alls help

just went and bought 24 from target@ $10.59 for 12!! :wink: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hey Mr. peat was it you that said u freeze your weed? im curious as a long term storage what would be bestā€¦has anyone ever used seal a meal bags after the bud is all cured and if so what did u do with the seal a meal bag did u then freeze it or just put it into a cool dark place? any help would be great

Not meā€¦I think @Myfriendis410 does.

I do freeze my cannabis. Iā€™m smoking some that I put down in 2018 and still potent.

The trick is to use a non frost-free freezer as temperature swings cause THC to break down into CBN (sleepy time). If you have a frost-free freezer you can store flower in jars, in a small styrofoam cooler in that freezer which will keep temps from swinging during defrost cycle.

I keep my main stock there once cured then have a ā€˜working stockā€™ in the 'fridge that I dispense from.

Freezing your plant material is no different from any commercial operation which depends on freezing.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 I was wondering if u could weigh in on this there is a ad on c.l for this Amazon.com : SPIDER FARMER SF-4000 LED Grow Light 5ā€™x5ā€™ Coverage Compatible with Samsung LM301B Diodes Dimmable Commercial Grow Lights for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum 3000K 5000K 660nm 760nm IR 1212pcs LEDs : Garden & Outdoor and they want $400 im trying to get it for 340 but want your opinion on this so as u may remember i currently have a 6x8x4 tent and my only really descent light im running on 1 side is a hlg 300 r spec which kinda takes care of half the tent and was thinking of getting this for other half to make some descent lighting whats your thoughts here both on light itself and price and all the way around?? Thanks I value your opinion on this and really, really appreciate u taking the time :+1:

Price in link says $560, for 450 watt qb knock off. I donā€™t ever recommend them, but Iā€™m sure it would perform in line with lights in its price range.

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts @Covertgrower @dbrn32 @kdawg @MrPeat @NeoGroR and anyone who can help so i believe 1 or 2 of my girls have a zinc deficiency. i looked on the site for the plant booster and its out. anyone here know of a good booster that can help with zinc and the other 2 that all come together with this type of deficiency? it includes zinc, magnesium and another nutrient if i remember correctly. (if u look on the site here and look up zinc deficiency it looks exactly as mine does so it says its easy to fix with the right nutrients anyone have a link or can tell me what to add. it would be easier to just add a nutrient to fix it but again ilgm is out of it so any suggestions?? thanks all

Epsom salts is magnesium not sure on the zinc for around the house things. A plant pic would help tho. Good luck.

1 Like

Microbe Life Hydroponics PH21363 All-in-One Fertilizer (16 Ounce - 1 Pint) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HOW54Q6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_XPFSRYT75TGXTDFW6MHP

If youā€™re micro nutrient deficient, this will help.

2 Likes

Refresh my memory on media youā€™re growing in, nutrients youā€™re using, and what the ph and ppm in vs out is please.

Reason im asking, zinc deficiency is not all that common with cannabis. It actually uses a very small amount of zinc that any base nutrient package should easily cover. Too much zinc will lock out iron though which is very easy to spot and probably a bigger problem. Just as well to much calcium or phosphate can lock out zinc.

4 Likes