Gashole rdwc autoflowers grows

@peachfuzz @HappyHydroGrower @dbrn32

The one in the left stunted for some reason?.. I had the light height issues at the start? Idk… But if I let her go what are the chances she will herm?

5 Likes

Is stunting and herming even related?

They look happy and healthy to me…
I’ve never heard of a Plant going herm from being small … :thinking:
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nice healthy girls happy growing

2 Likes

Plants are like people, some grow small and some grow tall, even if they’re the same strain. They look great! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I see no reason to think it would herm right now.

3 Likes

Just a little FYI, most folks will have about 2 feet between each plant in hydro if possible.
:v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

3 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower yeah… couldn’t fit 3 under my light with that spacing… The centers of those buckets are 17" apart… Figured I could see what it get with that… A little crowded but I figured if I defoliate and train I could make it work… idk lol…

1 Like

@peachfuzz @HappyHydroGrower My pump is a 700 gph pump… I’ve had it running continuously… Is that necessary? Can I do 30 on hour off or something?

1 Like

I only run my circ pump for 30 min every 3 hours…
Keeps my water cooler…

3 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower @peachfuzz hey guys! Been a minute since I posted… I haven’t really done much… I ran another run in the same system as this thread and my plants got too heavy and started falling over… Would you guys recommend like a scrog system for support or like a trellis? And by trellis what I would do is attach the net at the buckets and V out to my ceiling just past the edges my light… Any info is always appreciated… Thanks

2 Likes

Yes , i would recommend a net for support and better control over your canopy… :grin:
Glad that your back with us… :+1:t3:

1 Like

@peachfuzz ordered it today lol

2 Likes

I agree. :point_up_2: Good Luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

@HappyHydroGrower @peachfuzz what do I need to look for when time to place the net above them… I’m doing some alien Otto auto… Gonna get big… I usually lst… I’ve watched some videos about when and how high ect. but really it’s gonna be different for every plant… So like my question above… Should I do a scrog or basically like a bowl… By bowl I mean attach the trellis to the bucket and “V” out just past the light to the ceiling… I guess that like a question of containment to support? Ya know?

1 Like

I’ve done it both ways…
Now i have floating walls that direct my lights footprint right to my plant’s , so no need for me to do the ( V ) method , but i have a friend that grows in a bathtub in a bathroom that he don’t use and he uses that method very well…
Play with it and see what works best for your situation… :grin: :+1:t3:

Awesome… Thanks

1 Like

@peachfuzz @HappyHydroGrower

How would you suggest I tie these down for lst? I don’t have anything low enough to anchor my tie down with?

2 Likes

Maybe you could build a pvc frame to sit around your buckets.

I’m gonna tag @beardless may have some great ideas. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I don’t know anything about hydro setups and what kind & amount of access you need to the buckets and pumps but it looks like the top surface has plenty of areas to attach ties to.
Or, something as simple as modifying a tomato cage may be a option. I’ve cut them to slide inside pots and spring pots (autopot). Simple, cheap effective.
Speaking of autopots, I have a couple set up scrog frames. This is one of them

This one I just built to go into a 3x3.

A cut up tomato cage and a couple wood dowels.

Double the fun

An even faster and easier route might be as simple and using large binder clips on the edge of the yellow tops. I would attach them to lips of pots and bags all of the time.

3 Likes