Fluence spydrx. Thoughts on these lights

Anyone have thought or anyone have a fluence spydrx. Thoughts on this. I can get a brand new one in sealed box for 1000 and i see they are 1500 tp 1600 online. All sounds well with it but is this as good or better than the hlg 650r

Seems like a lot of money for 330 watts.
Let me tag @dbrn32.

1 Like

Says 6 something watts.

DBrn can help with which is a better value. They are both good lights. Really depends on what lighting solution your need for your space.

What area (sq. ft., dimensions) are you trying to light?

1 Like

The 2x is the 345w. The rest are 630-685w.

2 Likes

Ahhh. Thanks for the clarification brother.
The smaller one was the Only one I saw when I looked.
Still pricey lights tho. :wink:
:v::pray:

2 Likes

Thanks guys im just gonna go with the hlg 650r. Hopefully next month on the fifth i can place my order for it.

1 Like

Sorry didnt see this its 4x7x8 flat white room but only about 5 or so feet of floor is used rest is just there for fans and shiii

I run a 5x5’ with 3 HLG 260XL’s. It give me flexibility to move stuff around too.

1 Like

Yeah 1200 is way steep. Im lucky to be getting 1100 for the 650r. A neighbor is buying it for me. Lucky me. Huh. He see all the pics on here and asks what light they got. Tell him hlg this or that. Now we will get one.

I prefer the HLG 650r dollar for dollar watt for watt over all of the fluence lineup, but I also prefer the ChilLed Growcraft and a few others over the HLG650r.

Can’t go wrong tho, they’re all great lights.

If you opt for any chilled product use my discount code. I’m legit not getting anything out of it and it’s a 6% discount

Code - “ArmoredGoat”

1 Like

The spydrx isn’t their biggest light and is in a different class than hlg 650r

2 Likes

Was just asking a guy around the area has a brand new in sealed box for a grand. But i think imma stick with the 650 r. Maybe looking into 3 260 xls. Mind is spinning.

1 Like

Mine works wicked

1 Like

How about the helio spectra 600 w. Thoughts on these. @dbrn32 @Cannabian

I can get 4 of these right now for 400 each if thats a deal.

dont be sucked into the watt thing, it really isnt the measurement you should be using.
While my fluence fixture is a couple years old now, it works fantastic for veg. It has excellent form factor and the light bars are aimable. These lights are extremely efficient, they are linkable and come with a controller.
Today HLG will have equipment that is equivalent or superior for a better price point. If I was to do it again I would go HLG in a heartbeat. That said, Fluence does make top of the line well designed equipment. A 1000 dollars for a SpydrX is a very fair price.

1 Like

Yes seems like it. The guy has 5 that he uses boight a sixth to expand his space but never got to it and moving so he is selling the new one keeping used in hopes he will be able to setup again in the new spot.

1 Like

So i guess after all said its gonna end up being hlg just 1 or 3 is the key

1 Like

Yes, I would highly recommend the fixture for build quality and light quality, even at the lower ( watt) rating I seldome go over 75 percent in veg, while it may be a bit underpowered if you want massive colas, it would be sufficient for a fine scrog grow no problem.
That being said, for another hundie or 2 you could get a top of the line HLG fixture that will grow bomber buds. The build quality may not be quite as nice, however it will use the same high quality power supplies and the same or improved leds. The form factor is maybe not as friendly. Still many folks, grow amazing weed with HLG lites. It would be my choice over the Fluence. If however, you were doing specialty crops like greenhouse or vegetables, Fluence has a wide array of lighting that HLG doesnt have. I hope Ive helped and not caused confusion? I urge people on this site to put watts in the garbage except for a rough square footage thing because lighting can waste or not accurately direct those watts, and wattage used in spectra that is not used by plants effectively is a watt wasted. Also, the cheap assed Amazon lights are stupid inefficient. Avoid any fixture that has an onboard cooling fan… period… no bueno :-1: :no_entry: :no_mobile_phones:.

1 Like