Flowering already

I had bought seeds from here. Plus a buddy gave me some bag seeds.
Maybe a stupid question?
Is it possible some of those bag seeds are Autoflower?
My plants are growing nice. All of them.
But the 2 of the bag seeds look like they are flowing already? No other plant is showing signs of flowering. I know normally were i am they dont start flowering till the end of july start of August.
They were all planted outdoors around the 2ed week of may.
Thanks

You got any pics

Im with Cyle. Photos… n yes it is possible. Never know what crossed to make the bagseedw

1 Like

guy who gave the seeds should have some idea of parents.

Yes. Take some picture. It could be male plants you need to identify ASAP!

1 Like

oh, there were a few males, I did see them right away and pulled them.

They was a list of some I never even heard of, not that im a expert. I could list them if you thought that would help

1 Like

Work has been soooo crazy. I can try and get few pic. What I thought were flowers have not progressed much in a week. Like i said in another post. They are not male, I pulled them as soon as i seen the sacks starting.

1 Like

It’s a situation where you have no idea of seed genetics.
So…now it’s a let it grow and see situation. Be aware mystery seeds will have males that will gift you a bucket of seeds.

Personally, I prefer to know what I am lavishing time, effort, money and love so I can change the nutes to maximize the health making for a good harvest.

2 Likes

Oh i agree. I have good seeds from here. Just wanted to give them a try.
I had a few males n pulled them. But i took that into account when i started seeds

1 Like

I can’t tell. It’s not clear to me. Some with white pistils look like female to me. Bt the male should be like in this Are these boy’s part? Help!.

I guess you are in northern hemisphere. Yes, some of my plants are getting into flowering stages already. If you read the seed description, it will say flowering time 60 day, 8-9 weeks, etc. That means when they start flower from harvest could be 2-3 months, at least for outdoor growth.

For the male you pull out, you can eat the fresh leaves, making stir-fry. I dried the roots, trunk, and leaves. Then slow cooked them with coconut oil, let it steep for over a day. Then I could use the oil as salve, replace butter in baking, etc. I tried putting it on my face before bed and it helps getting rid of the itch from eczema I’ve had for a long time.

1 Like

Ahhh that is important. Good call. Your location is important. N i see pistils. Congrats!

2 Likes

These are bag seeds. The are female. I had a few that already had “balls” on them and pulled them. I am like 75-80 miles west of Chicago.
The seeds I got from this site are not flowering yet. I was thinking in years past normally they start at the end (ish) of July and than ready for harvest by Mid October.
They can be regular plants, just asking, thought it a bit early to flower already.

2 Likes

I guess once they sprout, the veggetative state is dictated by sunlight. Once you get 12 hrs, it’ll hurry up and mature the flowers that started. So they could technically be in veg state with some tips starting to send pistils out. This photosensitivity thing really surprised me. I’d never grown weeds before but have been growing backyard veggies for decades. The one I planted outside in Feb before I knew about the light trigger, flowered in Apr really far along and started to show signs of revegging in Jun but only 1/4 of the branches sprouted out leaves. Most of the buds are still buds. I’m just waiting to see what she’s going to do. The other ones I planted later in Apr-May are just showing a few white pistils but I suppose they’ll be like that until Sept before getting serious fattening up the buds.

I also found the roots are really useful so don;t throw them away. There are a lot of medicinal stuff in the roots especially anti-inflammation compounds.

1 Like

@dbrn32 u ever do outdoor? Sounds about ur latitude. Ever got preflower this soon?

1 Like

Nope, don’t have the sack lol.

If I remember, @Larry815 started some plants long enough ago that they would probably be showing preflowers right now, so that’s my best guess.

In this area they will flower before there is 12 hours sunlight too. We won’t hit 12 hours of sunlight until end of September, and there will be some outdoor plants already getting harvested by then.

2 Likes

Thanks man. Probably should have realized ‘preflowers’ and flowering are different stages.

1 Like

No biggie. I had identified that he was in my hood in earlier posts, so remember there was some plants started pretty early this year. Had I not, I would surely be asking when they were started. Preflowers like this can be seen on some indoor plants on 18/6 light schedule in as little as 7-8 weeks. Just plants way of being nagging wife, letting you know she is ready to go lol.

all my plants are now showing signs of very early flower. It is just the 2 other plants are alot further along. But like I said these are bag seeds. The seed from here and the few others I have are all just starting… So maybe a early strain.