Fish tank oxygen bubbler

I found a couple brand new in the box fish tank oxygen bubblers laying around the house and I remember seeing people use them for compost tea.

Is there any benefit whatsoever to mixing feed nutrients with the bubbler?

3 Likes

No expert, but oxygenating your water cant hurt, plus it seems like away of keep water agitsted and nutes mixed. Seems like win win.

3 Likes

You can… but… they arent really powerful enough to aerate to get that bubbly youre looking for. This is what i use

4 Likes

So tank oxygen bubbles are worthless

2 Likes

Yes i use them to aerate 5gal buckets for water making tea mixing nute. yes they are beneficial

2 Likes

Most of my girls eat independently however I do have a few girls that eat on the same nutrient EC numbers. I believe I’m mixing three or four gallons I’ll just throw the bubblers in there. Oxygen is a plant’s root systems friend

3 Likes

Using an air pump is good for teas, as it gives the microbial life oxygen, but using an air pump for stored nutes can pose pH issues. Oxygenating the water can cause pH to drift quickly. If you want to keep stored nutes mixed, a wavemaker is a better option, it only moves the water. Air pump with stones for teas all day long tho.

1 Like

Yes. I always run a bubbler when I’m mixing up food for my plants. Plants absorb oxygen through the root system also. Here’s a few pics of my SS Autoflower 8 weeks now.

3 Likes

Here’s an update on my SS AUTOFLOWER.

1 Like

Looks like you got some foxtailing going on there buddy.

1 Like

Usually backing the light off or lowering the temps will help with that

1 Like

It’s outdoor, and only has direct sunlight half of the day. Because, it’s SS Autoflower. It’s stretching upstairs. Causing the foxtailing. It’s the stretch. Now, they are filling in as they finish. Quite aromatic and shunky. I’m very excited about the way they look and smell. Mu neighbor across the street said, it’s stinking up the neighborhood.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Love it! Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

They definitely look nice. Buds are swelling beautiful color. I found that a lot auto flowers foxtail do to genetics. Adjusting the light temperature lighting percentage none of it works for the most part when I get foxtail.

Also Fox tailing is not the end of the world as it’s truly only miniature buds growing on top of other buds. I simply ignore them.

Good luck with the rest of your grow everything looks wonderful

To your point, overwatering causes plants’ stomata to close, preventing them from taking in oxygen. If anyone is interested, Grow Cast Podcast covered this in an interview with Dr. Coco in the 07/08/2024 episode.

TY for the insight.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m doing my first grow, in over three decades. I used to grow in the late 80’s and early 90’'s. I’ve grown hydroponically, and outdoors. I was known by other growers as having grown some of the best bud. It rained this afternoon and the buds are so heavy and large, that they are laying down me I’m putting steaks and trying them back up. They have few weeks to go I think. The calyxes are expanded beautifully and I’m eager to enjoy my harvest sometime soon. I’ll post pics of them when their done.

It hasn’t rained here and over 3 weeks. Heat Index in the triple digits by 9:00 a.m. my outdoor garden gets watered in the morning by noon it’s bone dry again

1 Like

I was watering my outdoor garden three times a day to keep them from wilting. It’s still very hot. 85-90 degrees average. It’s going to get hotter than this soon. I hope your plants are doing well also.