First Timer Getting Psyched Auto Blue Dream

Also know that pH meters require a storage solution. It’s a few dollars and will last you a long time.

I have good city water. (Ppm of 150ish and pH 6.9-7.4) My city water works just as well for storage.

1 Like

Ahh i see. I saw alot of people using the vivosun so figured it was doable until after my first grow anyways. Im using distilled water so my PH shouldnt be bad theoretically speaking anyways.i am not a proponent of cheap things usually but since i just dropped $450 on lights i figured a bargain PH would maybe get me close lol

1 Like

I bought a Vivosun ph meter, I couldn’t get it dialed in.

And those powders are no good.

Your pH is probably pretty low believe it or not. I’ve found that if I use RO water and my regular nutes, my ph is around 4.5. If I use tap water my ph will be 6.8. I try to get to 5.8

You find out soon enough.

Do you have a hydro shop near you?

1 Like

I live in middle of nowhere but i do have a hydro store or two within 1.5hr of me which is “close”. Also would the TDS meter be alright to use from vivosun? Or isnthat garbage as well

1 Like

Also i have a return going back tomorrow and when it hits my Amazon credit ill turn around and get the PH20 becauae i forgot i had about $60 credit coming. Now just need to nake sure my TDS meter will do the trick.

1 Like

Your TDS meter will be good.

1 Like

Thanks and i should have my good PH meter next week latest. Got tracking update on my light its on time. I will say already HLG is proving to be amazing and i dont even have the light yet. I ordered it on a Friday, holiday weekend at like 12pm est and they only open until like 4. Within 2 hours they had it shipped out and not including the amazing 25% off vet discount so thank you again for the recommendation.
Also just because there is not much to update with the baby plants i am decking out my grow area. I put a picture of an amazing strain of pot that came in a magazine to give my babies motivation to grow into something special :rofl:
Its coming together, i only used to use it for storage as yoy may be able to tell with some of the boxes all over.


And yes thats a Mimikyu and Togepi plushy on top and Deathnote anime wall scrolls ( im a super nerd that refused to grow up)

1 Like

I just noticed all those gallons of distilled water.

That’ll get expensive when they get bigger.

A few thoughts on that. First, are you on well water or city water? Either way, Test it with your TDS meter and your pH meter. If it seems ok, use it.

I use my tap water. I only use my RO water 5 or 6 times a grow when I feel the girls need a flush.

Secondly, if your water is crap, can you fill a five gallon water bottle nearby? That’ll be less expensive than buying distilled.

I’m going to be traveling the next 24hrs. I’ll respond as quickly as possible.

1 Like

Thanks and yea ive been stockpiling whenever i find it but distiller water is getting hard to find. I do have TONS of regular drinking water ( we fill like 20 gallons every 2 weeks for my wifes plants). I have well water but it is horrendous and even with our water conditioner and salt etc its bad. Its got so much iron i would be scared to use. I was using distilled since i didnt have a PH meter or TDS but since i have a TDS and will have a good PH next week ill swap over to regular water.

1 Like

I have the set of aperas ph 20 and tds 20. Probably the cheapest by a reputable company?

2 Likes

Thanks i will be grabbing the PH20 tomorrow. The light is in and omg the build quality is out of this world. I have it at 36in and probably 30% power going to keep eye on them and see if need to up power or lower etc.




1 Like

Went ahead and ordered the PH20 since amazon instantly gave me credit for my return. Also got bloom city PH up and PH down to try out.

1 Like

Youre stoked im sure. Growing has become a part of who i am, in just 13 months. Never thought id get THIS involved with it. Joining this forum was huge in this whole adventure. Originally just got on here to ask about tents and lights, and figured no way could i relate or be accepted here. If any questions with your meter, just ask. The manual is kinda iffy on some topics. Happy growing!:v:

1 Like

Oh man my little guys popped their new set of 4 leaves last night :heart: I am getting psyched. When do auto flowers start to be considered “veg” and not seedlings? From what I gathered once these 4 leaves grow that would be more or less considered Veg stage.
Also thank you I will keep that in mind if need help with the meter.



Here’s a Pic of my other hobby / buddies. Charon and Ryuk both Patricia poison dart frogs.






They seem to be enjoying the new light so far. If anyone sees anything that doesn’t look right feel free to chime in. These are only a few days since popping out of the soil. I think 8 or 9 days.

1 Like

Oh those are loving life right now. You’re doing great. You’re honestly further along than I usually am at 9 days.

Info: See how they’re reaching for the sky? Growers say it looks like they’re praying.

So if you’re having trouble and ask for help, a common question would be; Are they praying? As opposed to drooping

1 Like

Ahhh OK thank you man I appreciate it. I think every grow I’ll start with the 2, blurples since it worked good and the switch over to the HLG like I did this time. I appreciate it and I just cannot wait for them to start shooting upwards.

Oh and also next grow I’m going to use those fabric bags, after doing research I see why people like them ( from a breathable stand point).

1 Like