Single auto gg4
29 days from start of germination
Soil is a 50/50 mix of happy frog/ocean forest
7 gallon breathable pot
Balancing pH to about 6.7. (Seems to fluctuate slightly while taking reading so I’m averaging) using a 3 way meter and a second vivosun ph meter to double check
36x36x70 grow tent,
spiderfarmer SF1100 on an 18/6 schedule,
-Temps; Day, Night 77/82
-Humidity; Day, night 46/53
-Ventilation system; vivosun 4inch charcoal filter
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, no no
-Co2; no
That should cover have the introductions to the patient as the title says very very first grow. Read up a lot, technically however I should say it’s my second attempt. My first seed germinated but never broke soil.
This one (Groot) ‘seems’ to be killing it growth wise.
Have a friend who has been successfully growing for years I have been leaning on him mainly but wanted to say hi to the crew here with a problem photo
I “think” it may have been a little overspray or possibly some droplets from feeding/watering but wanted some advice jic.
I have been watering it daily with a reduced concentration of ilgm nutes, but it looks like I should be doing one day between watering from further reading.
This is the end of essentially the 3rd week since it got its first real leaves
LMAO
ya know I was kinda feeling that way, but it’s at least kind of letting me know moisture level down a bit into the soil. Haven’t really relied on it as a pH indicator, mainly using the Vivosun one to balance water prior to a drink
The combo soil meter is OK for soil moisture but otherwise inadequate for ph purposes. When you say ph bounces around is that using the Vivosun pen? I had the same problem with the first ph pen I bought. It took forever to settle on a reading. I finally got fed up with the time it took and bought an Apera PH20. It takes a few seconds and locks it in.
Minor blemish is no concern.
At some point it will need to be fed. Have you chose what nutrients you will be using?
yes it’s a green rectangular pen from Vivosun.
Thanks for the recommendation will look at that other one. Not 100% with this one I have seems a bit temperamental.
I picked up some of Bergmans 4 stage nutes from the site.
first two weeks of seedling I did 1/2 strength the forst week full strength the second.
This is the end of the first week in veg stage I guess (please correct if wrong)
So I did the same thing basically not half strength but a little light on the nute/water ratio this first week and full strength next week and throughout.
I ‘assume’ I should be using it (the nutes) in each scheduled watering?
Any PH meter you use will require care and maintenance. The glass ball on the probe is a special glass that needs to remain wet. Regular water won’t work but you can use storage solution or 4.01 calibration solution for storage. This will maintain your meter and keep it’s calibration.
Adding nutes now would not be wise as you are in Fox Farms soils: this will keep your plant happy for 5 weeks or so. Seedling starter nutes would be more appropriate for soilless (coco or peat) grows.
An inexpensive TDS meter would be good as well as the new PH meter. These are the two most used implements you have in your grow.
Agree with @beardless on this. Your testing meters will make or break you. I started out with 20$ amazon pens and quickly realized they arent great. I went with an AperaTDS20 as my first tds upgrade. And a Hanna pH pen. I still use the Hanna and currently use a Truncheon for my EC/Tds. Your pH pen is probably the most important testing meter youll own.
Hoping this doesn’t get buried in a welcome post because omg how insane is this picture.
I am totally color blind and even I (there is an additional
capitalization on that I for emphasis) cam see the wild spectrum.
Was sending the girl goodnight and left the bottom of the tent open with the top zippered.
That rainbow spread out onto the bed
Todays view.
Started some more intensive training
(or trying to at least)
It is bushing up so fast the growth can’t seem to get out of its s own way before more growth is filling in
I had one large fan leave sort of lay over into the dirt when I started the LST
Seemed unhealthy to have it laying there, possibly getting mold underneath from trapped moisture so I snipped it.
yes, no?