Housing side, that way you can change bulbs and wipe out dust and stuff from the bulb side.
Looking really healthy, keep doing what you’re doing… Yeah the white residue is from the Neem spray, nothing to worry about. If you want to wash that off with a water spray a day or 2 after the neem treatment that would be fine. I like to do that in between neem treatments so it doesn’t build up too much on the leaves. If your plants start looking really shiny, it’s from the neem buildup.
@Hellraiser thanks again for the guidance. You have a great way of explaining things in detail, that are very understandable.
@Hellraiser no luck on finding a 3 gallon container before I need to transplant. I can get 2.5 gal or have 4 gallon wide size ( shorter than normal). Is one better than the other? Who would have thought finding 3 gallon buckets would be an issue…lol
I’d go with the 2.5, close enough. A little smaller is safer than bigger, as you will get quicker wet/dry cycles.
@Hellraiser man, we have leaves and roots growing everywhere!! Amazing! Do the leaves coming out
by the stem growing sideways concern it? Day 15Perfectly normal, nice and healthy, Looks like you’re about ready for a transplant.
You’ll notice different growth patterns with different strains as well, some will push out more side branching while others will work on the main cola growth for a while before pushing out a lot of side branches.
Thursday! Am excited about it to, got perliteand myko. Was going to ask, though am using FFOF, could I add a just a little big bloom to my watering after transplant? You mentioned how great the roots do with it.
Yes, I’d go with 2 cap fulls of Big Bloom per gallon, and with no nitrogen and all organic, it is really mild, no fear of nute burn. I always keep some Big Bloom around and use it on my wife’s pepper and tomato plants.
@Hellraiser, these should owed this evening. What I have read it under watering, also possible calmag? These are bottom leaves. Watered on Monday 4oz, watered today 4 oz. I didn’t take runoff ppm today. Thoughts?
Looks a little under watered, water a little sooner and give em a little more to get some runoff, yeah I’d add some calmag, 5ml per gallon. It’s also getting that “transplant me now” look I mentioned with my plants, They’ll spring back up after the transplant but they’re a little tired of the small cups as yours are growing quite quickly.
@Hellraiser, did the transplant this evening. 4 days short of your 3 week method, I just thought, why wait? I did add calmag, and big bloom, used your banana peel method, though they were slightly moist compared to yours, but they held up. That big bloom looks potent based on the dark yellow almost gold color. Typically how long does a plant take to overcome transplant shock?
On my WW, am going the 3 full weeks to transplant, I think I have a green thumb, especially with your help and guide. Am experimenting myself ![]()
Thank you!
Sweet! I think your plants needed it, as they probably grew a bit faster than mine due to the ocean forest you use - gives seedlings a nice head start. Big Bloom is great stuff and can be used every watering or every other watering to give yours plants a little boost. On the calmag, you can take it down to 3ml / gallon for every watering just to make sure you don’t ever get any cal or mag issues, like preventative medicine.
As long as you did not damage the rootball, there will be no transplant shock. See how they look tomorrow, they’ll probably look very happy then the growth will really ramp up.
You are doing great, good job.
@Hellraiser Great insight about nutes, thank you. Didn’t think about the soil difference we had, great point! We’re not comparing apples to apples, but I think you’re ahead of me on growth, and think it’s because am still using the burple lights, am excited about the MH bulbs, because of the results you have. I am trying to put the final touches on the 6" infinity exhaust, it’s going out my bedroom window, need to be private as I can, once I do, the MH are going in. Again, thank you! I think to myself, can we germ, go to a solo cup with FFOF, then transfer to a 3 gallon with happy frog, and start adding nutes, that to me is cooking with fire…just forward thinking.
You’re already past the part that frustrates most new growers, many of them never get past the cup. I’ve known way more people that tried to grow marijuana and failed and gave up then people who became successful at it. Some people just don’t have a green thumb, my wife kills every plant she’s ever tried to take care of. Some aren’t willing to make the investment in good grow equipment. Some aren’t willing to invest the time to research. You’re already past the hard part, just a little more and the plants will start paying you back.
And yes, metal halide vegs plants way better than blurple leds, that’s why it’s been “the veg light” forever.
@Hellraiser. I need to get a carbon filter sooner than later, the one you posted on your guide is sold out, seems to be the case with a lot of grow products… can you give me your thoughts on this one, it is very important I keep odor under control, the exhaust is going out my window, near the front door. Cost is not an issue if you know of a better site than Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YXPZR4P/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_6lRSEbGGSGZYA
That carbon filter is fine, and is very similar to the one I’m using right now. Keep in mind these things only work good for about a year so plan on buying a new one regularly.
@Hellraiser the bottom leaves are really dropping IMO, they don’t need water, and watered 5 days ago. Maybe am over cautious. Temps 77, RH 40%, can you look at these and tell me if something is wrong? Everything am reading is Landry list of possiblites.
Nothing to worry about. After a transplant to a larger pot, the plant kind of goes thru a minor overwatering situation first and then as the soil starts to dry, they think they’re a bit underwatered. Don’t listen to their whining, you know when to water. Also as the plant gets bigger, the lower leaves don’t get as much light and start to shut down, also normal. You’re going to taking off those lower leaves soon anyway, as I like to clean out the underbrush as they start getting bigger and get in the way of watering.












