First grow questions

Going to transplant next week. Thinking 5 gallon Felt pot. To big to small. Going to run MG Moisture Control. Would also like to try something else to compare the 2 any suggestions.

Fox farms ocean forest or happy frog soil

Went shopping today visited several places could not find the Frog or ocean soil mix. Going to go with 4 in MG Moisture Control and 4 in Scott’s potting mix, Also bought some extra Perlite for the Scott’s if needed.Have not used any fertalizers, since this is first grow should I just let it go in soil and concentrate on PH, temp, light and humidity?

Yea let it go in soil and concentrate on ph,lights, temps and humidity

You didn’t try to order off eBay or Amazon ?

That was my first thought…eventually later down the road lmao

No I did not think about ordering 8 cubic feet of soil. Having it delivered would have been an issue for me. Sort of a sticky situation. Having boxes of gear no problem. That could have been a problem. Doing what I can.

Won’t have to worry about flushing it will be all organic.

Yeah but soil is not a red flag , don’t be so touchy my friend , they won’t paint your mail box red or anything , I mean people do grow different vegetables indoors besides budded fruits ?

I have this stuff delivered to work.I am in office. Guys on the floor would figure something out. They are all a bunch of partyers. Not worth the chance. The only people who know are on this site. Like it that way.

I understand but your local Home Depot or Lowes carry natures care which I hear good things about it , but the MG moisture control is what I blend with Fox Farm potting soil in the red bag with a whole bag of perlite and a half bag of vermiculite , but I understand my friend .

I was at both today and farm and tractor and 2 nurseries. It’s still dam cold here not a big selection yet. It snowed yesterday. ts all good what will be will be.

Quick update. The girls are in there new home.Had roots coming out of the bottom of the cups. I tested the new soil and found the PH way high 7+. It took almost a whole bottle of PH down to get it back to 6-6.5. Is the most common problem high PH or low PH? Will coffee grounds really work to lower PH? Thx.

Ph in all up and down are usally both common

Coffee grind helps but you need to be careful trying something unfamiliar at this point , it should of been added in the soil , but it helps buffer but 2 tablespoons of crush dolomite lime in a gallon of water and only give maybe a cup of that once every 2-3 weeks until your soil level outs , but I’ll get you some professional help , I’ll invite my trusted mentor the forum science officer who might chime in and give you a more technical answer of what’s best .

  • List item

Ok I’m having issues my leaves have developed golden spots that seem to be spreading. I just transplanted 3 days ago. Had issues getting the PH down but thought I had it under control before I transplanted.I rechecked PH running about 6.5 give or take. These plants have received no supplements. I check the PH in water it looks good 6.5. Plants are in soil, AK auto and Golden.

That’s a magnesium and calcium defiency