First Autoflower on my second run. What stage is this considered?

Im trying to understand this Banana Kush Auto Fem. Im not sure what stage its in considering im very new to this. This morning i noticed preflowers at 2nd and 3rd nodes?? She sprouted 8-4-23. Lol not sure what to think. Ive had her under a seedling lamp till now. I know its definitely time for more lighting but how much?? She is currently 8in tall.

5 Likes

She is about to go into flower. Autos normally start flowering shortly after first signs of pistils. She’s pretty leggy, what’s your setup like? Lights, soil, nutes?

3 Likes

Very low watt lighting. A type of light only used for recently Germinated seedlings but on 18/6 schedule. No nutes yet. Tap water ppm reading at 730 and been giving PH water at 6.5. Soil is seed starting soil. Which says up to two months. Initial ppm runoff from soil was at 570

You’re going to need between 40 and 50 true watts per square foot, and this ppfd.

3 Likes

Thank you for that chart!! That will definitely put me in the right direction.

That plant is almost worth just getting rid of at this point, and restart with better lighting. There’s almost no vegetation on that for being over a month old and already starting to flower you would be lucky to get a quarter oz :frowning:

7 Likes

Ive been picturing what it would look like if it did flower and a couple of small flowers is all that comes to mind lol Thank you for your advice!

4 Likes

Are you sure you are reading that right? 730ppm tap water is borderline unsafe for people to consume. There are two different scales for measuring ppm, 500 and 700, one measuring NaCl, the other KCl. But 730ppm on either is really, really high for tap water.

When I mix my nutes (Jacks 321) at full strength, in distilled, meaning 0ppm water, the solution measures roughly 780ppm. My tap is about 200 or so, and I get right around 1,000ppm when using it.

Forgive me if I’m reading something wrong, i ate a 20mg edible about an hour ago and chased it with 3ml of 10mg tincture.

4 Likes

Sounds like a fun day. I’d be asleep withing 2 hours if I did that. :rofl:

5 Likes

Lol no worries. Enjoy it!! I did, i took several cups of tap water and compared to several types of bottled water and kept getting the same readings. Purified and distilled readings were at 0 ppm and 3 ppm. Our town water has always been crap. PH out the tap is also bad. Lol coming out at 8.8!

2 Likes

Disagree with this statement especially for a new grower looking for help. @Hankwi1 grow this lady out and use it as a learning experience. Tag me and I’ll help. :love_you_gesture:

13 Likes

Thank you so much man i really do appreciate that! :pray: will definitely do that

7 Likes

You’re in a great place my friend, tons of knowledge here in the community with everyone helping you to succeed :love_you_gesture:

9 Likes

They can do whatever they want at the end of the day, but I’m sure OP would learn a lot more with a plant that is properly vegged out, especially if they don’t have the space to start another one. It was just a suggestion on my end, and if I were OP I wouldn’t want to put the time and effort required, when I could restart and learn so much more and also get a much better yield. The plant looks pretty good otherwise it’s just a matter of needing more light

3 Likes

It also still has time to veg it’s not completely in flower yet so if there’s any way you can get the PPD up you can still see some decent veg growth

2 Likes

Enjoying this chart as a rule of thumb but just adding, PPFD+CO2 tests show if done correctly you can actually receive benefit as high as 1300. I know this is big “trust me bro” energy since I don’t have the charts on hand, but 1200-1300 with proper CO2 is about optimal growth, if you can avoid burn. But 1100 is probably good suggestion for average grower.
I’m curious though, I was always told about 200 for seedlings, is 100 really all that’s needed?

2 Likes

I run my hlg 350r on the first click about 18” up on my seedling, and I’m around 270. It seems to be doing fine.

1 Like

maybe this is why i get obese plants

1 Like

Lol my thoughts and opinions about autos are confirmed all over the place here…

I agree with @Jilli. If you just wanna watch the plant grow, sure, keep on growing her, but she ain’t gonna yield squat my friend. Nothing wrong with starting over BTW…but…you’ll want a lot more light.

1 Like

I enrich co2 to 1500ppm, temps 86 f. My PPFD is hovering around 1250 at the top of the canopy. I start seedlings under 200w CFL panels…

1 Like