Dyna grow nutrients - shoot me straight

So I asked this on my journal but there’s no traffic on that thing. So if this violates the double posting rule my bad. Just gonna copy what I asked there. I’m in second week of 12-12 so if I’m gonna make a move now’s the time I guess.

Be real with me people…is dyna grow trash? They are the first nutrients I stumbled upon before I found this place. I couldn’t be happier with my plants, seriously, they have exceeded my expectations ten fold. Buuuuuuut, they were healthy and awesome before I started feeding. I have no basis for comparison. Would they definitely be bigger/ better with other nutrients. I am the sort to fall into complacency and routine when things are comfortable. So yeah, are these nutes trash or what’s your honest opinion?

I’m thinking they are because I don’t see any one using or recommending them around here.

1 Like

Fill out a support ticket and some pic’s so others can see and help you out.

1 Like

I’m not concerned with my plants was just trying to get some honest feedback from someone who’s used these nutes and other products who could lend some first hand knowledge as to their effectiveness vs whatever else they have tried / are currently using.

I tried finding some reviews on Google but it’s mostly just “articles” with links trying to sell stuff and get the redirect bonus or however that works. sure everything is great when your trying to sell it.

But what the hell, 5 weeks old, 12th day of 12-12 feeding dyna grow foliage pro going to switch to dyna grow bloom next feed. Unless I switch to something else for flower. Which I’m considering because I’m starting to believe I might actually get a decent yield outta this first grow. Don’t want to short change them with bad nutes.

4 Likes

It looks like dyna grow has both grow and bloom nutrients as well as a line of supplements and propagation products. I think the only way to find out what works is to try it.

I’ve been growing for several years using Fox Farms nutrients because back when I started that was the standard. Since then many new nutrient lines have been developed.

This summer I decided to try growing using an AutoPot that I learned about on this forum. Since feeding is through a reservoir I needed something “cleaner“ then Fox Farms nutrients. I had a fertilizer from a company called Ionic that I used a few years before trying to grow vegetables indoors, so I started using it. I took the runt of six cutting I started and put it in the AutoPot. Well the plant took off and is by far the biggest and healthiest of the six plants I started.

Not only does the nutrient line work well, it’s easy to work with. One bottle for grow, one bottle for bloom, similar to yours, and PK booster used middle weeks of flowering. The pH is either in, or very close to the target pH.

With Fox Farms you mix 3 or 4 things together and your pH is in the 3 range. Now you have to screw around adjusting the pH. Don’t get me started on the salts in Fox Farms that requires flushing on a regular basis. What have I been missing?

Now I want to try them all, wish I had the space to experiment.

4 Likes

Appreciate the info man. I think I’m about to order the protekt and mag pro to complete the dyna grow line and just ride with it. My plants are doing great and I’m still not even feeding full strength. I guess I kinda wish I grew one plant with no nutrients at all in this grow. Like I don’t even know if this stuff im giving them is doing anything. Will cannabis ALWAYS struggle if not given nutrients. I know not all soil is created equal. I’m using cheap potting mix that had some stuff in it but I don’t think much. If I didn’t feed would they be showing it by week five? Or can you sometimes complete a whole grow without feeding? I’m so freaking green I’m annoying myself :joy:.

1 Like

If you have enough nutrients in your soil you can get through a grow with little or no feeding. I’m not talking about soil with slow release fertilizer, but good quality soil and enough of it to support it through the life of the grow.

A perfect example is growing outdoors in the ground where roots have room to expand and constantly search out needed nutrients in the surrounding soil.

For soil growing indoors I prefer 7-10 gallon pots for photoperiod plants and 5-7 gallon pots for Autoflowers. I can get well into flowering without the need of nutrients to keep the plant healthy.

That said, why not use nutrients to improve the harvest? The PK boost I mentioned above is one product of many that can improve the weight and density of the bud. Other products concentrate on improving the taste of the bud. Those are the kinds of nutrients I like to concentrate on.

2 Likes

Appreciate your time man. I was reading some stuff on cannabis and nutrients in the interim here and between that and what your saying I think I’ve got a better handle on it now.

Hmm they re still pretty young I’d recommend doing a 50/50 grow/ bloom blend next then the feed after go full bloom they’re still bushing out quite a bit that early in flower

1 Like

I’m definitely open to that. I was actually considering doing another full strength feed of the foliage stuff but talked myself out of it. 50-50 sounds like a…literally perfect middle ground :yum:. Thanks for the idea…well full strength ish. I’m trying to get up to the 700ppm I was told to try and get to. I’m afraid of burning em up. Especially the dark green ones. I’ve hit the lighter green ones hard. Up to 600 ppm in the lightest.

I like Dyna Gro I think it’s a good product very easy to use two bottles one veg one bloom. as mentioned using good organic soil , don’t need much veg nutes Soil carries me up to plants starting to flower.

1 Like

Thank you for that! Even though I have no comparison, I LIKE my results so far too. Guess I was just being insecure because I really couldn’t find anyone willing to say they liked them / were effective. I ordered the protekt and mag pro last night. You use those?

1 Like

Picture perfect my friend!

1 Like

Woosh those are gorgeous and I bought dyna grow an bloom but instead decided to see what my yield would be doing pure organic fert for my mega budget 1st grow. I got them because they re supposed to be reliably ph neutral and I was going meterless 1st grow.

2 Likes

I saw that mentioned when I was reading about the product but what does that mean. I still had to pH down before and now at the amounts I’m using I actually had to pH up for the first time last feed at 600 ppm…but my water is 60-80 to start with so I only fed 540 to my understanding.

Ph balanced means perfectly at 6 on the ph scale or at least very close but hearing you say you needed adjusting means it’s possibly not as true as I heard ,oh well il probably just pick up a cheap 40$ meter next grow until after I move next year then I’ll really start a good grow room.

1 Like

Well, I landed at like 6.3 at that 600ppm which is a little short of full feed so I bet at full strength it woulda been pretty darn near 6.0. so the pH neutral thing would be geared towards hydro at 6.0 then? In soil I think I’m aiming for ~6.5.

1 Like

Anywhere between 6.2 and 6.8 is fine for soil I got a workaround for a ph meter for water by going 50/50 tap/distilled since I reckon my tap water cant be more then 7.5 and distilled is 5.8-6 it should be safely in the good range

1 Like

My tap settles to 7.84/85 after 24 hours sitting with cap off. Just FYI.

1 Like

@CMichGrower

1.I’m interested in this brand of nutrients you said you had success with, possibly called Ionic? Spelling- ionic? Is that the full name of the brand/company’s product? I very much hate the high salts resulting from certain feeds and all the extra flushing involved. Would u care to expand on where to find it & if it would be suitable for a normal pot/soil grow?

1. Do you have any other recommendations for good organic/or any type of nutrients, hopefully that are affordable and doesn’t require as much flushing.

If all else fails, maybe just a general recommendation for a good veg/bloom product that’s affordable. I know you may have mentioned to me in the past that using fox farm big bloom is not enough.

I just always seem to run into issues wen I feed. I always feed 1/4 strength and only 1 out of every 3 waterings, & every time I see negative reactions to the nutrients immediately after the first feed. This has been an issue with my most recent and many past grows. Getting tired of it and I’m thinking I’m just gonna use a massive 10gallon pot for my next grow & forget the nutrients altogether! :rofl:

@kellydans @GreenSnek @peachfuzz @garrigan62

1 Like

Here is an amazon link to the Ionic Grow, just search for the bloom and PK formulas. Amazon.com

They also make a version of Grow and Bloom for soil use that I’m trying out on a couple plants I have growing outdoors. Just make sure you get the right one. The PK Booster works for both and very little is used.

1 Like