DWC Iced Grapefruit - Treez

After moving things around and cleaning everything, I got all my lights set back up and have my Bubble Cloner running with some bag seeds (just for practice mostly), and a solo cup with a Iced Grapefruit sprout in it!

Taken today

Taken 2 days ago

Right now I have both the LEDs on (MarsHydro 300 watt, 140 actual watts), as well as a corn cob LED (6500k). I have the air cooled hood hanging, but haven’t put the MH bulb in it yet. I plan on turning off the MarsHydro LEDs, and turning on the 600w MH. Then once flower hits I’ll switch to the HPS bulb and turn the LEDs back on. I also have a 2’ 5-tube T5 fixture with 3200k tubes in it that I plan on running also. I thought about how we always debate which lights perform the best, but why not try them all together and get all the different sprectrums from multiple sources! Should grow some nice bud!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

15 Likes

Nice bud ? No I think the word is SPECTACULAR
Haha man I’m glad to see you back at it trees,no doubt you’ll kill it

1 Like

Thanks @Nug-bug I really appreciate that dude!

1 Like

There you are bud . You have been missed several of us were wondering what had happened . But that doesn’t matter your back growing and I get to see it from the start . You gave me the advice about experiments with the plants being where the fun and best rewards were to be found and I wont clutter up your thread with pictures of the results of your suggestions but whenever I start trying something new that makes me nervous I think of you . I am going to tag you in my journal. I probably should have just had them send the seeds for November Bud of the Month to you the plant I experimented on was the winner and that was all your encouragement.

5 Likes

@ktreez420 yeah, I still remember yall answering all my newbie stuff without making me feel stupid. I was looking back and laughing at some of my questions. it was kinda fun to look back and then see how far I have come.

4 Likes

That means so much to me @Oldstoner, I’m so thankful that I was able to help you out and encourage you to try new things! In my life I want to be remembered for helping people and being a nice guy. Hopefully, I can live up to that goal! I don’t care about the clutter, I’d love to see your plant that won the contest!

@bryan im glad I was able to help you out! I remember being a newbie and nobody every gave me a hard time or made me feel dumb, so I just try to pay it forward to any new guys that come in. We’re all connected in one way or another, why not help each other?! You guys know me, im all about good vibes and good times!

Anybody that has any questions, feel free to ask, anytime!

4 Likes

those are both from the plant you talked me into not giving up on and using for experiments. And the bottom two are my current grow and I only have the nerve to do things like the pic of super cropping because you talked me thru it the first time around . You helped me a ton

18 Likes

Iced Grapefruit

8-9 weeks of flowering (yea, we’ll see about that lol!)
60% Sativa - 40% Indica
THC - 15%+

Genetics
ICE x Grapefruit

ICE was made from Special Skunk x White Widow being crossed with Blueberry!

While Grapefruit was made by crossing a C99 with a Sativa to get Grapefruit!

2 Likes

Wow! Now I can see why you won the BOTM contest! Great, great job dude! I’m so happy to see that my encouragement turned out so well, I’m so proud of you for sticking through it and doing your thing, great job @Oldstoner

3 Likes

This is what the tent will look like once it’s flower time.

7 Likes

That’s sweet trees , I’m racking my brain on my box,or cabinet whatever you’d call it.
Isn’t yours just pvc and Poly? How did you finagle the Door? Thanks

1 Like

I don’t work in DWC but I want to watch this one. It looks like it will be interesting! Mark me in !

1 Like

Yea I built my own tents, because I don’t need a completely sealed tent it was much easier and cheaper than buying one. I bought PVC and Panda film, or just black and white poly. Bought the corner pieces, cut the PVC and poly, and slapped it together. The door I made by buying some tarp zippers from Home Depot, and applying them to the poly sheet. They’re extremely easy to use, and work very well from my experience. I used extra tape to make sure they were secure. Cost me like $60 to build two 5’x5’ tents!

I’m a big DIYer lol, I built my own tent, my own DWC buckets, my own SCROG net, and my own bubble cloner. If I can make it, why not give it a try? I love to experiment in all aspects of life, except for heroin, crack, or meth lol :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Thanks for the info , I’ve been debating whether to build a box , buy a tent or whatever. I can build it but I keep second guessing myself, making it harder than it needs to be. But smell will be an issue even though is gonna be in a outside shed.
Again thanks man

1 Like

I have limited funds from disability and made a closet Grow Box out of wood and put in a ventilation connection system used in clothes dryers as well as hung a light and filtration for the cost of well less than $40 (plus the filter that was $30) for the system . It has carpet wheels on it so I can roll it out of the closet to clean at the end of the grow. It fits in all doors without having to make alterations to the door frame. I used the approximate measurements of the commercial grow boxes. It blends in with my closets and has been in two closets in my house without any problems. I have been working in woodworking for over 45 years and have made a lot of pieces of furniture in my house that guests love. You can see it on my “Strawberries in the Grow Box” journal. I like making my own growing areas. I have sold one and have another order for one.

5 Likes

If it’s in an outside shed and scent is what you’re worried about, if you get a carbon filter and have that connected to the exhaust port of the shed, then the only smell will be fresh :wink: Plus, Mother Nature has her own scents out there to help cover any MJ scents. She’s the best!

Very smart @TxGrowman I love the concept! Wheels on the bottom is such a nice touch!

1 Like

Hey thanks for the suggestion, I was already planning on the filter , like I said I’m just over thinking it. Was talking to the wife and she has seen me trying to gather what essentially is the scraps from work,and now she said " why don’t you just get one of those tent thingys " :open_mouth: now she tells me!

3 Likes

Honestly, I’d probably recommend just buying a tent too for most new growers. They’re light-proof and sealed all around to hold in the light and keep out any extra light. Because you could potentially run two tents in your shed, one for flower and one for veg. Maybe down the road you decide that’s what you want to do, so there’s something to think about. The main reason I built my tents was because I knew the didn’t need a roof to the tent, or a floor. I have an unfinished basement that I grow in and can screw directly into the walls and ceiling of the basement.

3 Likes

Oh yeah I’ve already planned on at least two, got the 32w t8 and 3 marshydro 300, yes sir I want to try cloning

1 Like