Doc's never ending adventure

I think you’ll love ProMix, I started using it late 80’s for a few years before I quit for 35 years (growing, not smoking!). And then when I got my tent in 2021, went back to using it. Holds moisture for a few days so you aren’t a daily slave to them, has nothing in it to affect your nute mixtures, and I always get nice full rootballs by the end of the grow!
Great for starting clones in too!

4 Likes

I’m still new at growing weed - definitely no expert.

The pics you posted show that your shortest lady is the one that’s doing good. And, the three taller plants are the ones maybe showing stress.

Is that right?
Cuz if it is, then maybe check the intensity of lighting above the short plant.

Clay

2 Likes

Are you monitoring run off PH and PPMs :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Yes, I’ve been monitoring my run off and the P PMs are good, but my pH keeps coming out low around 5.9 earlier in the forum, I was having this problem I was told I could top dress with some dolomite lime and add some oyster shell flour from down to Earth to fix the calcium to magnesium ratio so I did that with a few tablespoons I’ve even tried using calcium 96 by down to earth all with little affect I know that the dolomite lime takes at least 10 days or so to even have effect but since doing that it had Ben ten or more days and my pH was still low, but I did only use half the recommended amount of dolomite lime for a 5 gallon fabric pot so about a week ago, I added the other recommended half I think around 5 tablespoons in all or so i’m almost 100% positive I’m fighting pH problems I’m just wondering how do you guys buffer your RO water and is anyone else using Foxfarm soil in newts with ro water also, I use the Photone app So I know my PPFD is in range also with the one plant that I think that has just gotten root rot but it doesn’t seem that far along and I’ve got about 3 to 4 weeks left in flower and the buds are still growing do you guys recommend anything? I water them with a gallon of water every three days so let’s say I gave it nutrient water at 1000 ppm And 6.5 pH and my runoff comes out I like 1300 ppm and the pH is 5.9 my last two waterings I did a pH of 7.5 to try to bump it up which seem to help a little bit but then I did a watering of 6.5 so I don’t damage the plant. Just trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong here.

2 Likes

Reading through this last post it’s seems like you’ve added a lot of calcium, an overload can lock out other nutrient absorption. Were you trying to use this to buffer the PH??

Soil likes a drench to drought routine and using FF nutrients the drench days should have liberal run off as in 30%. The FF fertilizer line is very heavy in salts and these can accumulate in the root zone driving the PPMs up and the PH down. Liberal run off on feed days will help rinse this accumulation away :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Yes that’s why I was adding the calcium I the first place there still growing just obviously not happy I’m trying to remain hopeful that they will pull through long enough to finish off in 4 weeks but I want to know what I can do in the future to prevent this wether it be completely changing my soil and nutrient line if I switch to pro mix my next grow what nutrients would anyone recomend

2 Likes

Promix is a great medium and if you have time daily coco in my opinion is superior. I started with the FF Trio years ago and made it thru 3 grows before I tossed their complete line up. I would recommend Jacks 321 for any type of growing medium

2 Likes

This is a great idea, as it is far better soil…but also like 75 bucks for a big bag of the HP stuff… awesome soil though.

I absolutely am in love with Kosher Nutrients Combined with Real Growers Recharge! Love love love it! Outside of that I recommend Jacks over FF and organic over all others.

Whats your runoff PH look like? That or do a 1:1 soil slurry to know if its lockout or not.

I think that is subjective, Ive grown in FF and not needed lime a number of times. The one time I added lime Im not even sure if it is what fixed my issue or if it was that my water wasnt ph stable…I did both at the same time. If FF flat out didnt have enough lime…all your plants would be in the same boat.

Are you letting your soil dry enough before watering? Rot rot will display as ph and watering issues.

Sounding alot like root rot. What kinda smell.

I dont recommend a repot in the middle of flower, id try and fix the issue other ways first.

Shouldnt water on a schedule like that. Can lead to root rot and other over/underwatering issues

2 Likes

How deep should the soil be dry before watering I may be having a similar issue I dig like almost a fingers length and it still feels a little moist and it’s darker so how deep from the top should the soil look lighter colored before I know it needs to be watered

2 Likes

I have never liked that as a method. I have always used the “lift a pot” method. I lift the pot and when its light, I know its time to water. To get the hang of it I bought one of those cheap ass soil probes and started checking my feeling when I lifted the pot, after a while I started to get a feel for it. I have heard of some who weigh the pot on a bathroom scale to determine when to water.
Dunno if any of that helps but, thats what I do.
You want the soil to dry well but not completely

6 Likes

Honestly, looking at my grow diary in my pictures everything was looking pretty good until I flipped to flower and then everything just kind of went to shit. I’ve been monitoring my PPM and ph I feel like the reason my pH has been lowering, is probably salt buildup from these nutrients. Thinking about using some sledgehammer and then after flushing it out, putting like only 500 to 600 ppm of feed water(RO) back in I don’t know if I should even do that. I’ve got like four weeks left a flower I’ve got ink, bird controllers, and a good dehumidifier. I’ve use the Photone app so I know my environment is good. Just going to try to push through and get to harvest at least one of my plants seems like it’s gonna be good lol ha ha i’m going to buy some pro mix tomorrow for my rooted clones. Going to transfer them from Solo cups to 1 gallon pots. I’ve never used promix before how long do you water it before you start giving nutrients and what would be the best nutrients to use with pro mix HP you were saying jacks would that be good

1 Like

I love Promix. When you transplant, mix a regular strength (or slightly less) nute batch up and pre-wet the Promix with it, so everything is damp before transplant. Then you won’t get dry pockets. Doesn’t matter what nute line you use for this trick.

Clones are like adults, need food right away, but I ease mine into it. Don’t put a starving man in front of a buffet!

1 Like

Here’s an update as to how it’s going looking bette since I flushed it, the lst seems to be doing great

Also I am seeing pistils so wary signs of flower!

3 Likes

Promix is NOT ammended like FF is so you begin feeding immediately. Jacks is fine but I urge you to look into Kosher Nutrients, I just love them.

5 Likes

Just put my first order in at Kosher. Looks so simple and easy to use. Results look awesome as well!

3 Likes

Good morning @Docnraq hope all is well. I’ll be running Kosher in my DWC. Do you have a recommendation on a bacillus that plays well with Kosher? I currently run Hydroguard but have issues with biofilm when I couple it with certain nutes, like Jacks for instance. I dont have bloom issues and the biofilm doesnt take over, just accumulates on my air lines and causes a yuk factor during rez changes, lol! I was going to switch to Southern AG after my jug of Hydroguard is used up but open to other suggestions. Much appreciated, GrowBro!

5 Likes

Ive not used a product like hydroguard in my rez before. Suppose the autopot is a bit different then dwc though. Not sure, got alot of growers at work though so ill ask around on monday. You are gonna like kosher I think. Ive been very pleased with them.

It is a great morning! Hope you have a stoned and pleasant weekend my friend.

5 Likes

Sweet! And Thank You! I have a 4 pot Autopot system waiting in the wing. After this grow, I’m switching from DWC to Autopots. I was going to on this grow but didnt have all the coco/perl I needed to fill four pots. I went with plastic and I hope I don’t regret that. I did get the air domes tho, so we’ll see. Stay lit!

4 Likes

I dont think you will, the fabric pots release alot of moisture into the air. Ill be getting into plastic myself soon enough.

This photo taken may 29th, the day I turned the autopot system on.

This is today, Apr 6 (8 days later)…

I so love my autopots. My advice to you @SeaOhAreWhy is to give your plant at least two weeks from transplant (photos) or 3 weeks from seed (autos) before you turn on the system. You want the roots to have a chance to really inhabit the pot before you flood the tray.

5 Likes

Appreciated @Docnraq! Epic grwoth and that lady looks lovely, cant wait!
The folks at Kosher dont mess around. I received my order already, so choice!

3 Likes