Deficiency? Yellowing leaves

Trying to figure out what’s going wrong with my girl, I’m thinking maybe nitrogen or phosphorus deficiency. Started about two weeks ago, only in the lowest fan leaves at first but it’s starting to move up the plant. Usually the leaves turn yellow but some show different signs like browning on the edges and some fingers showing the signs at first.

She’s gotten really thirsty recently. Needing water every two days. By the end of the second day without water the leaves droop badly. Runoff water was 6.3 ph and 542 tds. She gets jacks 321 once per week. Should I increase it to twice a week?

1 Like

Those older fan leaves have served their purpose Growmie and can be removed. The white residue looks like WPM on the leaves in this :point_down: pic. Are you using a powder additive and I would recommend not misting the leaves, the light intensity can burn these and it’ll drive up your RH in the grow space leading to WPM Growmie :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

The white powder is diatomaceous earth. I typically don’t spray the leaves, I just did it so the picture would be clearer

1 Like

So you don’t think there’s any deficiency problems? It’s not just on the bottom fan leaves, there are leaves on the stem that are yellowing and on the second set of fan leaves from the bottom.

Although she is quite bushy and looks like most of the yellowing leaves are on leaves that don’t get as much light.

1 Like

Looks like the start of a Potassium deficiency, I noticed your PPMs at 542. I would bump this up to 800-1000 and keep this as a target range Growmie :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I think I wrote phosphorus but meant potassium. Seems hard to tell the difference in the two deficiencies, nitrogen and potassium.

Would I be able to do a tds test if I’m using nutes in the water or do I need to use straight water? I repotted her today and hoping she recovers soon. I was planning on switching to flower this week but I’m gonna postpone that until she recovers

1 Like

Feed at 800-1000 to 20-30% run off and test. Anything over 1200 PPMs would be a water feed next go round. For soil I would recommend a drench to drought routine testing the run off PH and TDS periodically, the testing will get less frequent with a few more grows under your belt and have developed a nutrient feeding routine :love_you_gesture: