Countryboy’s Return

No doubt I like my controllers they are just Wifi for around the house, but if they ever poop the sheets will be up grading!

6 Likes

They are making it easier and easier the only issue you may have is deciding on the right one for You many option right now! Its a good time to be into indoor grower
My controller controls everything from my light to my humidifier
You can put smart outlets in and control just about anything you’d like that way @Audiofreak
I also picked up a drip irrigation setup for the soil pots when i get them in the tent.
I have lower back issues and i meed double knee replacement so anything i can do to simplifying the process im all in :wink:
Mine also connect to wifi or bluetooth @Bentstick

7 Likes

Yep i have set it up same way. Controls lights,humidifier, and fans.

4 Likes

Sorry mine are Bluetooth only, The 75 IIRC not pro.

4 Likes

Tag me into your threads @Bentstick @Audiofreak id like to check out what you all are up to when i get a few min :+1:

6 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971
Yeah for sure. Im only 35 days into my hydro setup grow so i don’t have a lot of info yet, but we can definitely bounce ideas and success/ failures back & forth.
@Cooper. I’ll try to figure out how to attach you to my grow, but, I’m old & this format is a little different from my Hot Rod forums.

6 Likes

Leave it to the hvac guy to have all the fancy stuff!

We’ve found that when growing with led lights canopy temps 80-82f seem to provide more vigorous growth than the mid to high 70’s that was recommended with hid lighting. The lack of ir and bulb heat don’t heat the leaves as much with leds, so running a little warmer air temp helps get leaves to more ideal surface temp. May help with your cooling bill a little too.

If you move to hydroponic system may be a toss up because you’ll have to consider your solution temps too.

6 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 what’s your total set up cost and electricity usage?

Following bc once I move back “home” (relocated for job purposes but ready to go back) I plan on building a permanent shed outfitted with everything.

3 Likes

74 room temp its more for my comfort then the plants :joy:
I have my intake fan set to maintain 82 above that it starts to run pulling in the cool air my exhaust fan set point is 86 while in Veg i will have it set for min constant running while in flower to help control smells
Thanks for the heads up on the temps tho seems i was on target :wink: @dbrn32
Im retired now brother

6 Likes

sheds work well as long as you insulate them good, I did have some of the equipment already
Id say im into it for around 1000 minus tent give or take a few $
@Herbication
From here on out it will only cost me Electric and of course cost of those magic beans :grimacing:

4 Likes

I just set the room/tent up so i will need to see what it gonna run me but it wont be that bad my lights draw around 100w each and my exhaust and intake fans are DC so they are super efficient
My Ac bill is Irrelevant since id be cooling the space either way my Garage would literally be 110 degrees plus in the afternoons with out AC which really makes the space unusable
The Ductless Ac is a inverter type my cost $1750 and is really efficient as well so if it cost me and extra 60-70 each cycle id be surprised its also heatpump which i will never use here in SW FL

5 Likes

Agreed, that looks about perfect.

5 Likes

Lookin’ good CB! Set to watching.

5 Likes

Good to see you @Myfriendis410 should be a fun run

4 Likes

So i was talking to @Cooper about his RDWC grow which i am on about to give a try in the near future so he suggested i look up these videos on utube
They may also help others who are thinking about diving in and building a set up

I like the idea of remote res def would make life easier so if your on the fence RDWC or DWC you might want to give a look as well

4 Likes

Hey.
Good to see you back, You must be retired now love the big space.

7 Likes

Hey there ,
Yeah im chilling in S Florida enjoying the good life
Like the rest of the young old people :rofl:

9 Likes

Nice setup!

Setting to watch!

5 Likes

you’re a long way from home. I think the last time I talked to you back in 2018 and Was running a heat and air business in new york .

5 Likes

How about a breakdown of your setup: media, nutes, lights, strains, etc.

If you haven’t already; look into using Jack’s if doing a media grow. Good stuff and a lot of us are using it.

5 Likes