Countryboy’s Return

This is the start if my new grow Journal after being away for some years ive recently rebuilt my grow space still cleaning up all the cords and wires buy im doing a dry run now
Tent is automated and control’s. intake and exhaust fans which are set to maintain temps and Humidifier to control humidity in my grow tent (All dependent on plants needs )
I have 2 tons of Ac in my garage that maintains 74 outside of the tent and intake fan pulls that in to cool tent @Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 as promised :joy: :fire:

19 Likes

Propagation station
Temp controlled and lights are controlled with timer Have the option to set up sunrise and sunset which will ramp lights up and down accordingly which i may do right now i run a 18/6 schedule

14 Likes

Hey there @Countryboyjvd1971 pulling up a chair :popcorn:

8 Likes

Super nice setup…

6 Likes

Very nice spacious area. What size is that? Do you grow in soil? Would like to follow please. Great looking setup.

4 Likes

I do grow in soil and the tent is 8x8x6.5 feet @John7
I am setting up a rdwc set up as well not sure if i will use it this grow or next it will be my first attempt at hydro when i do :wink:
Thanks @merlin44 and your welcome to enjoy the ride @Low

9 Likes

Wow my tent is 4 8. I use a ebb & flow hydro setup and I can’t ever see going back to soil. Good luck with your grow.

5 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:seems i did not delete the first post like i thought so i have my journal started twice
Im such a pot head :man_facepalming:t2:

7 Likes

I have a feeling once i start using hydro i will move on from soil
im old school and its taken me 20 years to even consider it :joy::rofl: But im looking forward to learning the process we are never to old to learn and try new things after all :wink:
How do you like the ebb and flow set up ? Can you tag me into your grow journal id be interested in checking that out! @John7

5 Likes

Yes I will I’m going to start a new grow in the next couple weeks. 3-4 different strains.

4 Likes

Nice keep me in mind when you start
Multiple strains is nice gives you options down the road
Im doing 2 strains this grow myself
Jealousy glue & Runtz @John7

3 Likes

The ebb and flow is ideal for me. I fill a 55 gallon drum with water, add nutrients then ph to 6.0 the system waters ever 4 hours for 30 minutes. I change the water every 7 days. I use county tap water but I’d like to install a RO system and build a rain water catch system. Plants grow faster and bigger. I’ve been growing autos and out of 8 plants my yield was 4lbs. I need to really work on my LST cause I haven’t done that enough to know what I’m doing. Would surly increase my yield. One of my favorite things so far is no pests like I experienced with soil. Some suppliers store their soil like happy frog outside.

7 Likes

I use a neutral medium
Like Promix Bx and i have never had bug issues using it and there is little to no nutrients in it its perfect for soil growing i have a Whole House RO system and its perfect for our needs I know exactly what i put in the water
I have also experienced bugs in most soils like Fox farms or any of the organic soils sold so i stay away from them!
Ebb and flow sounds like a perfect set up so i cant wait to see you rock it when you start again i know little about hydro growing
Lst is great and you should def use it more i top my plants once and train after that to control my height

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll send pictures so you see my setup. I’ve put this picture on here a lot so I guess everyone is tired of seeing it but for my skill level it was awesome Super Skunk auto from ILGM. It was harvest time

9 Likes

:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

3 Likes

Welcome. Im new here as well as new to growing (first gro since early 80s), and doing a RDWC hydro setup. Plants are doing great so far just 33 days since seedlings went in the net pots & under the light.
Looking forward to seeing what you put in that awesome grow tent setup. Very nice. Pic of one of my 4 girls in my 4x4 tent.

6 Likes

Good to see you back at it, and looks like you’ve done some shopping too :grin:.

4 Likes

Impressive @John7 id be super happy with that :rofl::joy:
And i see your a western fan :+1::wink:

3 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy: @dbrn32 its good to be back! I will be picking at that brain if yours in the near future :wink:
And yes i dropped a few $ to get up and going again since i relocated and had to tear down the grow rooms i had in my old house back up in NY. I tried a few budget grows but they where not successful due to temps here in SW Fl my Garage would get up to 120 degree in the afternoon before i put a 2 ton Ductless spilt in to control the temps
Looking Great @Cooper as i mentioned i am setting up a RDWC set up myself so tag me into your thread i will follow along :+1: I will be learning the process of hydro as well im a soil grower and have never dove into the world of Hydro
My wife may not be so happy if i like it tho cause that means i will be spending more $ :joy::rofl:

7 Likes

I think with all the attention im seeing on the ACI controller we may have yo start a new category for posts on the subject! Is it just me or am i noticeing a lot of people starting to play with these.

7 Likes