Can you top autos ? ……

I just read you shouldn’t top them, is this true?

2 Likes

You can but do it early.

4 Likes

I accidently broke the top outta a Dos-si-do at 5 weeks, it’s thriving. I’m still defoliating.

4 Likes

I top every auto I Grow, preferably above the 4th and sometimes the 5th. As @Storm mentioned get them early. 98% of the autos I grow start pre-flower around 40-50 days above ground :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

This is a great time to start flowering. I have had poor luck with them starting on day 21.
I abandoned autos for photos because of this. If I knew autos would consistently wait 5 weeks at least to begin flowering I would have still been using them. Under these circumstances topping would be optimal. If they flower at 3 weeks then topping is bad. But who knows what they will do. I am pretty sure better and more stable genetics helps.

4 Likes

I top all my autos one time at about 5 or 6 nodes Never had a problem. Be careful and take the last growth.
Happy growing :v:

3 Likes

I’ve been very lucky with the autos, had a few start flowering around week 2ish. Need everything dialed in from the start which can be a struggle sometimes with the environmental conditions :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes