Burning up clip on fans like nothing any suggestions for a good one?

Two Activate Air brand and at least as many little cheapies from the Walmart type store in less than a year …what’s a better alternative ?

1 Like

Just use a old table fan stuck in the corner of the tent . I have it out side blowing in thru the vent window because the seedlings aren’t big enough for that much breeze and the screen cuts it back but when they get just a tad stronger it moves a ton of air

8 Likes

That is just what I did…aimed towards the corner and oscillating…8" fan.

1 Like

I use 9 inch high velocity fans on the floor but I’m looking for a clip-on for the top

I may possibly zip-tie a 9 inch fan to a top corner, they’re better quality fans and they move a ton of it but they diffuse it well

1 Like

Possibly one of those oscillating tower fans . My kid has one that is remote control so it could go in a back corner and it puts out a surprising amount of air on medium also they are about 3 feet tall and put out air the entire length

2 Likes

I have one I used to use it but I need something a little taller, I want something top-mounted blowing down between the plants and the light I guess I’ll just keep buying the $10 throwaways

1 Like

I use a oscillating tower fan in corner of my box work ok for me turn it towards corner when plants are small and it’s slim so I save floor space :+1:

1 Like

By the way those are pretty flowers, what kind are those?

Those were my W/W they are about two weeks into cure now

1 Like

Good stuff your gonna love it!:thumbsup:

1 Like

Grow ace has a fan made especially for grow tent post that mount perfectly instead of getting Jedi and they the same cost .

1 Like

@Oldstoner how old are your widows in that picture…enquiring minds want to know…lol

I thought Lakewood had a link I think I might have bookmarked it it was an oscillating clip-on around fifty bucks if I recall

But when you shut them off they sieze up and you turn them back on their dead! I’ve going through maybe close to a half dozen in 9 months

I’m thinking I’ll put one of my 9" high velocity fans up in a corner with zip ties? They move enough air that I can just point one up at the light but I also use the little clip fans in drying room, so need to buy at least one still looking for recommendations

I buy circ fans at thrift stores dirt cheap and being out of season even cheaper

1 Like

This is not what you’re asking for but I thought it was a good idea so I thought I’d share. I’m going to do it next grow maybe.

A tower fan with the base removed hung horizontally. Gives a nice wide breeze I would imagine.

Example:

6 Likes

@Capt_Seeweed in that picture they are about 9 or 10 weeks from seed .

1 Like

Can’t wait for mine to get to that age…:grin:

Yeah I’d like that thanks for sharing I’m going to do something like that with one of the high velocity floor fans I’m tired of buying stupid $10 walmart or even the $20 active air (which is supposed to be a decent brand) from the hydroponics store that don’t last ! :thumbsdown:

1 Like

All little cheap fans get dust bound and fail or, they don’t pich any air. I finally found a fan line that works. I have 2 1 pedestal model and a normal 12".

They are the Kenmore Comfort air sold at Sears. Mine have worked for almost 2 years without fail. Very efficient, lightweight, and put out a lot of air. :slight_smile:

Another option is to go the extra mile and look into companies like “Farmtek” that sell greenhouse and shop supplies. Good Luck

1 Like

I’m having the same issue I’ve went through about six of them little bastards

1 Like