ILGM DISCO BISKIT( GSCE X DOSISO) fem photo
ILGM GDP fem photo

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, knf
ORGANIC SOIL

Soil brand and type
MOTHER EARTH COCO LOCO, PH 6.4, PPM 587

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
CURRENT 1/4 GALLON ACI NURSERY POT

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
PH 6.6 WATER SPRAY FOR CUP
• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
Filtered tap left out for 24 hours ppm 167
• Indoor or Outdoor
ACI 2X2X4 veg tent, also have a 2x2x6 flower
• Light system
ACI S22 IONBOARD 100W. @33" 80%
• Temps; Day, Night
77°
• Humidity; Day, Night
81% VPD STEADY AT .6
• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
ACI T4
• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
ACI CLIUDFORGE HUMIDIFIER
• Co2; Yes, No
NO

Ok so I’m having some serious problems getting my girls to sprout. It’s been 20 days in the dirt! Ugh I had no problems with my auto sprouting before as well as I have never had problems sprouting tomatoes and other veggies.

To start I dropped 1 Disco Biskit seed on 4/5, she sprouted her tail in 18ish hours. Tail was aprox 1/4 long and placed in shallow pen cap hole in nursery pot then lightly covered on 4/7. Domed and misted soil with 6.4 ph water with aloe. Same as previous grow. Temp 74 with conditions stable at .6 vpd.

Fast forward to 4/14, and no movement so decided to drop 2 more Discos and a gdp. GDP sprouted tail to just over 1/4 in and placed in same environment on 4/15. Disco’s went in on 4/17 with slightly longer tails as they took longer to break open.

All four cups have misted inside twice daily to keep humid in dome. Misted with spray bottle once daily around cup when soil dryed out on exterior around cup.

Next fast forward to 4/24 and still nothing from #1 so went gently digging and found her tail curling around herself. Help straighten her out. I added the UVA ion beams at 10% as the blue purple I felt helped from last grow and got her her to show her head on 4/25. She popped with half her helmet on and inner liner still holding :leaves: together. Helped helmet of on 4/25 with simple tap of tweezers. On 4/26 performed surgery with needle to get inner liner off. 4/27 early morning she was opening up and looked positive. Now she closed back up and looks sad.

So on to Disco 2 and 3 same thing as nothing happening so investigated and found tail curling. Also both of these started to show after adding UVA at 10%. Both still have helmets on and barley showing.

And GDP I went looking and she seems fine maybe had her to deep, but starting to show with helmet.

Not sure what is going on, maybe to shallow in soil, I have tried different light settings from 60% to 90%. Up’d the temps to 78 and kept stable at .6 vpd. I also turned off the UVA after she started closing up as It was at about 12 hours on after she popped. Should I have let the tail get longer?

To wait it out or cull and pop more? Plan WAS to super quick veg and flip then mother the ones I like.

8 Likes

Par levels 150-300

6 Likes

Did you plant them in moistened soil? Looks way too dry :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I did. Not to wet maybe not enough. I feel like I have sprayed them a good bit

3 Likes

When i put seeds in the soil after they have cracked I soak the soil good and then place them in a dome. Then I usually dont water for a week. IMO they didnt have enough moisture at start.

4 Likes

Water a ring around the outside of the dome. The leaves will absorb the moisture from the dome but the roots still need some moisture to spread out. It is easy to over water though. I plant the seed in moist medium and dome then water about a shot glass or so every 2-3 days :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

Are they salvageable if they get enough water?

2 Likes

Yes, getting past the seedling stage can be difficult if the environmental conditions are not in range. Temps around 76-85 RH in the 65-75%range and lighting set at a DLI of 18-20 :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

Im not sure if they are savable. I can say that I like to see them sprout within 2 to 3 days. I havent had them take much longer than that. Root issues may hold them back from excelling. I havent been doing this for long so i could be wrong.

2 Likes

DLI at 18. Temp 78° RH 82% VPD .6, and waterd soil with about 40ml. We will give them a day or so and see how they do.

2 Likes

I think I can. Lol choo choo! Better to be under watered then over so we shall see

5 Likes

She is all ready starting to open back up from her drink.
BEFORE taken 2 hours ago

AFTER just now

5 Likes

Bump your temps up between 80-85 or get yourself a seedling mat. Try this next go around. Soak your seeds in 3 parts water 1 part hydrogen peroxide for about 8 hours or so. A small tap should pop. Plant the seed taproot up about 3/8in ( little bit deeper than a pencil eraser) in premoistened soil. Should break ground within 2 to 3 days. Cover with a dome sprayed with water. Give the soil a mist and the domes twice a day. I have 100% success with this method the last 3 grows.

4 Likes

So I did that for the most part. Seed soaked in 3 part water to 1 part hydrogen peroxide. I thought I pre moistened soil enough. Planted taproot sideways more towards up no more than 1/2in deep. Covered with dome and misted. Only thing I can think is temp being at 77 and soil not moist enough. So now soil is moist and temp rising to 80

2 Likes

Temps are critical during germ stage. Lower temps = slower stunted growth.

Heres a shot of my veg and flower room.

2 Likes

Ignore the flower tent as it is off right now. Normally can keep at 45%rh

1 Like

Thanks for the help @OGIncognito and @ChittyChittyBangin

Shall see if we can revive

4 Likes

One thing I can say is don’t give up on them if there’s any kind of life. They will surprise you I had a couple I thought were dead and I was told to keep them in there and they turned out to be two of my biggest plants I’ve ever grown, so don’t give up on her yet she just needs some TLC and some patience. Keep going

3 Likes

@Bracketh

I feel your pain… Years of grows… 100% germination rate… All shot to hell this year… Started with Maui Wowie, Northern lights, berner’s Cookies, and super Skunk.

I have one small vegging berner’s, and three starting seedlings of GG#4.

Still have more seeds soaking in water h2o2 solution at good temps.

I know the seeds are stored correctly… One thing I am noticing… All my ILGM seeds are failing. The berner’s and gg4 are straight from breeders… Vs ilgm bilk seeds.

I love the forum… Not the seeds so much anymore.

I also had Maui Wowie Cherry Bomb Pheno seeds I f’ed up didn’t realize the soak water got way to cold and seeds didn’t survive or recover.

2 Likes

They are looking better today. Probably going to give them a little more water tonight. These nursery bags are drying out quick. Starting to feel light again. Just keep on chugging girls.
DB#1

DB #2

DB#3

GDP

4 Likes