Autos-only Using Jacks 321 & 4/2

Hey man thank you for tagging me in this. They ate looking gorgeous. Love the purple coloration you are getting

7 Likes

Ain’t that the truth! Lol. Well good on you guys! It’s awesome to have friends locally that share the same goals. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Any grows the goal right? Isn’t that what they say lol.

7 Likes

Of course man, happy to have you. You can watch my ups and downs of growing haha, nothing ever goes perfect, just do what we can.

6 Likes

Frosty as hell

5 Likes

Your all good brother, life gets in the way for everyone i think, we’ll get together soon and hav a few frosy ones :beers::beers::metal::100:

4 Likes

That Chemdawg looks fantastic! I am getting this itch also… like you i want to try out different strains. Zkittles is on my list also with White Widow of course… seems everyone growd these. The Chemdawg is on my list as well… i have a bunch of seeds that i want to pop first before ordering more. I don’t want them accumulating and going bad here. I want them fresh so they will germinate promptly. I understand they go bad after so long and I’ve had bad experiences with seeds not germinating so i am a little hesitant. What are your thoughs? I store my seeds in a cool, dark and dry space where the temp stays a constant 60 degrees year round.

4 Likes

So i have very limited experience on this but i do have LOTS os seeds, they all looked so good i kept buying seeds i now have enough to last my lifetime im sure :rofl::rofl::rofl: but i believe as long as they are kept at a constant temperature ( and not hot) and away from sunlight you should be good. I keep mine in the refrigerator ( constant temp ) and when ready for germination i take out the seeds i want a few days prior to get them to room temp then go ahead and germinate, so far I’ve had 100% success in getting a tail, i seem to run into problems getting them above soil on occasion, think I’ve had 3 or 4 out of 26 didn’t make it but they all germinated :metal:. Happy Growing my friend :metal::beers::100:

3 Likes

Thanks… yeah i run into that issue once in awhile too… i grow in soil and sometimes they just get caught up down there and they are very fragile. I mean very…

2 Likes

@Low
I definitely ran my lights too hard, didn’t i? Can you see all the Foxtailing?

8 Likes

It’s easy to over do it with quality lighting mid to end of flower. It looks to me that’s what happened. Not the end of the world, if you are tracking trichomes make sure you are looking at the mature parts. Looking pretty tasty over there :drooling_face:

6 Likes

Yeah, exactly… i wasn’t prepared or should i say i undermind the power and quality of my lights and just let them run… i didn’t realize what was happening at first. It was just one of those things, like how Cancer kicks in, you don’t realize you got it until its causing you pain… i just have to be more careful from now on…

5 Likes

Yeah and some plants do it easier than others. Literally over night. Even when trying to be proactive with prevention it can still happen. Part of the game. :+1:

6 Likes

It just goes to show how powerful LED lighting can be…

5 Likes

That’s so very true!! Very easy to over light.

I have seeds over two years old I store in the fridge and still get 100% germination.

Yea some strains just foxtail easy and some just don’t at all it seems. Zkittlez is one I cannot for like the life of me grow without it foxtailing… Iv grown it 6 times?? This is probably the last time I grow it.

6 Likes

Nice work, they look great, I can almost smell them from here :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thanks brother! The smell, I can definitely see why they call it Chemdawg… I favor more the sweeter strains but I know this one would hit a lot of people’s palate! It smells like it’s gonna have that greasy smoke…

7 Likes

Foxtailing delays the onset of ripeness, right? I know its not good and can cause seeds to grow but what did it do to your plants potency and terpenes? Does it harm the buds?

5 Likes

Me too wondering more about foxtailing woes… @Autos-only

3 Likes

Not always. The foxtails themselves will be/can be immature.

Some strains just naturally foxtail and it’s not a bad thing.
Heirloom sativa strains have been breed to showcase this characteristic.

It really just boils down to what caused it.

6 Likes