Are my trichomes ready for harvest? Pics included

Hey everyone. Today is day 70 of flowering for my plant and I took some pictures with my macro lense to check the trichomes and see if the plant is ready to hang up to dry. The seed bank I bought the seeds from suggests 70-77 days flowering for this particular strain, which is S.A.G.E. Do you guys think I’m ready to harvest? Or should I go ahead and wait?

2 Likes

I personally would not take them just yet
Give them a little more time and watch for them to start to amber up you’ll see it
its hard to tell someone when to harvest since it’s a personal choice :+1::v::wink:

9 Likes

I agree with country 7-10 days more at least unless you’re trying for a very Speedy type of buzz, in that case you might be about ready?

• peace! :v:
7 Likes

I would give it 2 more weeks. Amber tri’s better highs! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I would give them another 2-4 weeks if it’s for medical benefit

2 Likes

I agree- average together all these answers and u might get your answer…always go by the scope 1st & keep a close eye. Plant looks super healthy!

3 Likes

Thank you! That’s good to hear because this is my first grow and I thought I might have starved my plant.

Would you guys say she looks pretty small for a 600w grow? I have no idea what kind of weight to expect.

No she looks fantastic for a 600 watt

3 Likes

Sweet!!! That’s good to hear.

2 Likes

Very nice harvest, what size planter is that? @LST

1 Like

It’s a 5 gallon Smart pot.

1 Like

Very cool, how much did you yield with your 600w? Was it HPS or MH? And also what nutrient line did you run?

1 Like

I know all strains yield different types of buds, but just for the heck of it, would anyone bother to guess-timate what kind of weight I am expecting here?

I have yet to cut her down and she is my first ever grow. I’ll be sure to post what the weight is here in about 7-10 days as these kind folks have suggested.

Lol hmmm I should of said how much do you expect to yield? I apologize. I’m typing 10194 miles a minute and I try to not get off course what thread I’m on👍

Good luck on your harvest, may it be more than you ever expect! My guess based on pic ~5.9 ounces dry weight of smokeable buds…just a guess! I hope it’s more!

And you forgot to tell me what nutrients your using to grow that beautiful lady! Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Oh yeah! Sorry I forgot to mention the nutrients.

In veg I used Humbolt’s Oneness + Botanicare’s Cal-Mag and Silica Blast.

I used those same nutrients up until about mid-flower and then I switched nutrients and gave her some FloraTrio “Late Bloom” ratio according to the bottle about 1/2 strength+ Humboldt’s Honey ES.

I didn’t feed her much and I was definitely confused about nutrients for most of that first grow. I’ve got three more vegging now and I plan to stick to FloraTrio the whole cycle along with my Botanicare Cal-Mag and Silica Blast. I just need to find s good Mag-Sulfur nutrient to use in midflower as that’s when her first Magnesium deficiency occurred.

1 Like

Btw, thank you for the encouraging words!

1 Like

Would 2 ounces (or perhaps more) sound good? :slight_smile: :thumbsup: Very nice looking plant! I’ve enjoyed following along thanks for sharing

2 Likes

2 oz or more would be excellent for me! I’ll take whatever I can get.

And thank you, glad to share anytime!

2 Likes

@LST I would be checking your try combs every day because they can switch over pretty fast to Amber I know it’s a little different for just a femme plant but on autos I know they can change overnight but it’s a completely different plant and grow cycle

3 Likes