Any Hobbies...besides growing

Thank you but I was never in. That was a retirement shadow box for a 3-star General friend of mine.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 Did he go in as enlisted?

1 Like

I crochet and do some work in the film industry. I was in a National Geographic special years an ago as the roommate of a man who was strangled by his pet python.

6 Likes

New hobby 2yrs ago almost to the day picked this up best thing I ever did.

Tinker in my garage small equipment and off-road toys, a hobby and income. Play guitar often. Skating, pretty good with a hockey stick.

9 Likes

Forgive me but I got to ask, does he party?

Mt. biking, hash making, running and rock hounding.

10 Likes

OOO AHHH… A picture gallery! :smiley:
Hmmm, let’s see. Since I was a teen I’ve always played around with one of these

And I’ve always been big into these

Which led me into doing more of this, but my hips were going out, so I went ultra-light. Being a gram-weenie and all the tech was kinda fun

A few years later I finally just bagged the physical stuff and went more this route

And who can forget doing this since I could walk, maybe before

But alas, a few years ago my hips got so bad all I could do was this. There’s actually 2 computers I run with that monitor; a gaming rig I only run in spurts, and a media server that runs 24/7

Now that I had both hips replaced this summer, I’m back on the indoor trainer, and maybe back to my old hobbies again soon! :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

What some call hobbies are just my passions. Love the outdoors. Love to see good dogs working, thats when they are happiest. We raised chessies, Chesapeakes.

From rocks to wildflowers, to just a good walk about in nature is normally what it takes to recharge my soul after human nature sours it occasionally.

11 Likes

Like your style, hope those new hips takes you to newer places on the things to do list.

6 Likes

I’m with you brother! After spending 8-12 hours in a factory, in the city, I’m more than ready for my country and dogs and woods. The weekends I don’t work can’t come fast enough.

6 Likes

Appreciate it! Yes, it’s amazing to have mobility again!

2 Likes

Working in the city really makes you appreciate rural living. Nothing better than going from a crazy populated area to not being able to see your neighbors when you go home.

5 Likes

I wish. The older I get the more I don’t like people. Lol
I would love to be in the middle of 10-20 acres. Got to dream for something.

6 Likes

(deleted)

We did it 6 years ago. Took me 5 years to convince my wife to move out here. She said she could never imagine having neighbors again and doesn’t see how people can live in the suburbs now :rofl:

Keep shooting for it man, you won’t regret it

5 Likes

That’s awesome brother, some day I’ll get there…a one mile shot, that’s incredible. I’m rocking a Remington 700 in 7MM Ultra Magnum with a cheap Nikon scope. I’m happy to put 5 out of 5 on a 12” circle at 200 yards!

1 Like

Way to many hobbies:

Wood turning
Photography
Sculling/rowing
Motorcycle
Restoring old machinery

14 Likes

Man, talkin bout gettin HIGH! :grimacing:

4 Likes

Those are some bad ass pictures!!
I don’t have enough patience for that kinda woodworking. Lol
I did make an epoxy river table last winter.

3 Likes

Forgot the bike

8 Likes