Africanplainstrains 2024 growing season journal

I wanted to get this started now so I can keep my updates in one area and hopefully share some some awesome updates with ya’ll

As of right now its already shaping up to be what could be an insane growing season just from the seeds alone I’ve got saved up.

On top of the ones below I’ll have Zambian and one new one I am not familiar with called Gelato Mac.

I’ve already got a seedling of KILIMANJARO into a little past her second week so the goal is to start everyone bean wise inside at the second to last week of Feb inside and then move outside eventually.

11 Likes

Following. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

2 Likes

With those parents, you should pop off some great yields.

5 Likes

They were a freebie from the place I got the Zambian from.

Whats interesting is everything in that first picture is all pure land race minus the blueberry cross.

There are a lot of very helpful people in the Colorado growing community. They really have got me itching to start outside but obviously we got almost 3 and a half months before we can even think about outside.

3 Likes

Time for an update.

I’ve had a rough start but as of right now
My plants are.
1 Black African Magic
4 GelatoXMac (These were planted a few days ago and 3 out of the 4 are popping through the soil.)
2. ZamalXBlueberry (This is a cross created by a friend)
1 Kilimanjaro (This is a runt who just wants to keep going so I am letting her)
1.Zambian Copper

4 Likes

What made you go so deep into the African strains? Was it a smoke, or trying something new? Not criticizing at all.

I was on a pure Sativa kick for a couple years. I got tired of the extended never ending flower times. I have been watching your thread. Some of the African strains sound intriguing for new pool of genetics. Seems to me it is a rather untapped source of something to throw into our hybrids. Happy growing. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

A couple of things.

I’ve found the African ones are very resistant to a lot of the common issues that plague strains that are grown here.

Especially with Zambian which my mother lived in Zambia from 64 to 79 and would talk about Dagga growing everywhere which i assume is the Zambian landrace.

I want to get a few of them going and see if I cant make magic happen.

3 Likes

Mmmm… that Malawi :coin:
I can just taste it…
Definitely following your posts…!
:beers::south_africa:

Love our local word Dagga…
Sounds, smell and taste nice… Dagga
Busy smoking one now before night duty :rofl:
:beers::south_africa: