9 station DIY RWDC system

ABSOLUTELY, that’s the way I’m doing it presently. I’m just saying for FULL benefits of scrog, you need to have the net on during veg, ( which I can’t do now) fill net about 60% then flip lights and continue tying down until net is full, or you see flowers.
That being said, out of necessity, I’m doing it differently, but like you said, it still has lots of advantages.

1 Like

Who’s the hydro wizard on the form? I was to build a 4 plant veg and 4 plant flower setup on recirculated.

3 Likes

@peachfuzz

4 Likes

He is one of many on here, but he is the wizard.

2 Likes

@TDubWilly or @Bogleg too, both have awesome diy hydro setups.

4 Likes

I’m not really the go-to guy for RDWC (as far as building a DIY system). I built one, but never used it. I don’t like RDWC systems, personally, because I feel like they have too many failure points.

But I won’t even buy a roller bag with four wheels instead of two wheels, because I don’t want two more wheels that can break, so YMMV.

I run an ebb and flow system for flowering, @BamaGrowLabz, an aeroponic cloner and a bubble cloner for cloning and transitioning seedlings, and a bazillion buckets and air stones for DWC grows. In veg I either run my moms in coco or in plain old DWC.

5 Likes

I’m in soil now. I want to do a hydro system for another grow to compare differences between the two. I’m experimenting to see what I want to do for a commercial op once it’s legal. I’m not dead set on recirculated system but want to get my feet wet. What makes one better over the other? I only do 4 plants at a time at this moment due to ease of concealment and disposal if necessary. AL is currently very strict and if they can make it look like you distribute they mail you to the cross. I’m open to all suggestions and value feedback and any design layout etc.

3 Likes

I suppose that’s subjective. Typically running ebb and flow with SOG means growing from clone, so typically shorter veg times and many, smaller plants. In RDWC you could have 8 plants that each take up a 4x4 trellis if you had the space and lights. In RDWC your individual buckets can be whatever size you fancy, so you have flexibility in how you layout the system, etc.

For me, the difference is that in my ebb and flow system I have two components that hold water - the tray and the 40ga tote I use for a reservoir. The tray sits above the tote. There are only two hoses that connect them - the hose connecting the water pump in the tote up into the tray (for flooding), and a drain hose with an overflow valve from the tray back into the tote. In an RDWC system, you’d have two holes in each of your buckets (probably near the bottom if you want an undercurrent style system) - at least. Each of those holes, IMHO, is a potential point of failure that could flood my tent/basement. So for me, I decided to keep it as simple as possible in terms of overall design while trying to go with a hydro solution that still enjoys rapid growth. But ebb and flow has it’s own quirks and issues as well - like figuring out how often and for how long to flood the tray, what kind of growing medium to use, what sorts of pots will work, how to keep light out of the tray, etc.

Bottom line is all of these methods will grow great weed, and lots of it, in the right hands.

5 Likes

Thank you for that. I’ll keep look at setups for home and come up with something that will work well.

2 Likes

Here’s some reading @BamaGrowLabz

2 Likes

These are the system’s that I use for flowering… :+1:

:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Here’s a pic of the inside to give you an idea of what’s going on… :grin:

:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Here’s one of mine, similar to Master @peachfuzz , whom I copied

3 Likes

Okay so I’m wanting to grow two plants and have a reservoir outside of the tent. Can I grow two plants to max in one 27 gal tote or one each? I’m doing a side by side comparison from my soil grow to hydro to see which way to go. I started new seeds today so I need to get this built this week soon as I can.

1 Like

They are on a 27g tote

4 Likes

This is my 6 site with chiller :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Happy canniversary!!

2 Likes