1st grow has begun

germinated these babies 3/30, planted them 4/1 and one has sprouted 4/4.

12 Likes

@greenlover420 welcome to the community!

Good luck!

You’ll fing a great wealth of growth information here.

What strain?
What soil?

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum
Time to read all you can, expanding your knowledge.

Answering these questions will allow others to better advise or assist your growing. If answer is not known, research and prepare.

Good growing to you

4 Likes

Welcome to the grow forum community. This group will help any way possible to make your grows successful. They are very knowledgeable and their success has been gained by trial and error. Nothing like experience on your side. Good luck and happy growing

4 Likes

To become a scientist :joy:……just kidding

3 Likes

Welco.e @greenlover420

3 Likes

I don’t know the strain, it’s from seeds i had a few years ago. The soil is just regular potting mix I had leftover, when I transplant them I will be using peat moss w/ perlite.

3 Likes

wow that’s a lot lol. I will answer them to the best of my ability and post others as i get farther along. It’s indoor grow will be moving them into a 3x3 grow tent w/ 600 watt led grow lights. Regular seeds. 1st grow been researching for a week.

2 Likes

also wondering how long I should leave them in their diy humidity dome

1 Like

Mine came up yesterday, and I immediately remove the humidity dome. That’s how I do it, but some people leave on a few days.

4 Likes

ok i’ll probably leave it on 1-2 days longer

2 Likes

On for a few days, yes, but,
“freshen” the air in the dome.
Else, make a WPM environment.
I forgot to lift a couple of domes for a couple of days.
Water droplets built up and toasted the plants.

2 Likes

@greenlover420 good luck and have fun :blush:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!

3 Likes

Just peet and perlite is not enough. I add peet and perlite to what ever soil Im using. Lately Ive been using Oregon super soil its around 30 a bag. In the past Ive used Fox Farms Happy frog and Fox Farms Ocean forest. These are Cannabis friendly soils A lot of people on here use Fox Farms soil and their nutrients as well.

2 Likes

Congrats Growmie :love_you_gesture:

Welcome to the forum, and best of luck on your first grow. If you have a humidifier it will help transition your babies off the dome. Avoiding large rapid changes in environment will be one of the biggest benefits you can give your girls.

1 Like

yea I was going to get fox farms but was $36 a bag. I found that some people grow w/ peat moss/ perlite & it only cost $10

1 Like

You will still be better off starting out with Premade soil. Fox farms ocean forest comes preloaded with nutrients and microbes that will feed the plant for the first 6 weeks. Happy frog will feed the plant for 4 to 5 weeks. Peet and perlite alone will rquire nutrients and microbes and other stuff from day one. If you’re new at this getting those numbers correct can be very difficult. Keep it simple get some Fox farm soil it will be cheaper in the long. Less stress EZPZ.

2 Likes

Not new and still having work getting the best numbers.
What fun, going for better growing soils.
Good Luck and best luck to you, fun ahead.

1 Like