White Widow Grow Journal

Thank you, do you think that they are doing okay? I know one is smaller than the other but they have really grown since I got the new mars hydro lights. What I need to know is when do I top them? They seem to be growing quite short compared to other plants I have seen on here but maybe its because they are WW’s?

Definitely the same setup I’m using on the tent. I think that will be fine. I’m only doing one plant now as I was concerned about it being too crowded. Yours are looking great!

Are your white widows autos?

@Matthew420 Oh yes I thought all White Widows were autos…but definitely they are autos…my first grow…wanted to make sure I know what I am doing before I get more “fancy” lol lol I will continue to take pictures so that I have a journal of how fast they are growing and if there are any problems!

I will let @Matthew420 'splain the autos a little better but they are best to be allowed to grow due to the short veg time.

1 Like

@bob31 Okay so what you are saying is that I should not top them?

1 Like

@Matthew420 can’t explain it better than me but autos are a bit more sensitive and tend to go Hermie on you if they are messed with too much. Some folks will do some very light LST with them or a light scrog but since this is your first grow I would just let it grow and then you can’t experiment on your next grow

1 Like

Well, mine aren’t auto’s, just fem.

I did read this, though…

Yes, you can top an auto-flowering plant that has grown at least 4-5 nodes (pairs of “real” leaves) by the end of week 2. Otherwise, it may not be growing fast enough to handle topping.

But I think I’d let one of the IGM guys or someone who knows for sure before chopping.

I’d read this… and maybe do some other searches.

@Kapelady @Matthew420 sorry, I got a little sidetracked earlier.

@Kapelady so where i’m at with all of this is that after reading almost every topic and post from the last 6 months here on the ILGM forum as well as reading around on the internet, I decided not to top or do anything on this grow.

Of course you can and should do your own research and make your own decisions.

I personally decided to do a straight up grow for my AK47 Auto, Once I get that one done I will have a bigger space and I can then grow a couple of the Gold Leaf Fem and a couple more of the AK47 Autos I also got with my last order. Then I’m going to do some work to the Gold Leaf; LST on one and maybe a mainline on the second one. Haven’t decided yet for sure but I will do a grow journal on those as well.

I am also considering a few blueberry auto’s for a special spot in the backyard, lol. Ultimately, I want to keep a decent on hand supply of a sativa, an indica and hybrid so that we can do different things with them such as edibles and creams, etc.

1 Like

@Matthew420 …thanks for the advice and link which I read. I am not going to top my WW’s! You are ambitious with all the different grows! And making edibles…wow!

1 Like

Just the one grow and no edibles, yet anyway :slight_smile:

@Kapelady here is another post that is in progress regarding taking clones from Auto Flowering plants.

Should be an interesting follow!

2 Likes

Thank you Bob I went and taged kapelady she is the 10th one to be taged.
this is going to be an awesome grow with alot to learn even for me…

Will

1 Like

As promised here are some new pictures of my two girls. They are one month old today and as you can see one plant is doing much better than the other in size but both are healthy and we will see what the smaller plant produces!

Uploading…

4 Likes

@Kapelady they’re looking great. Funny 2 seeds everything being equal they should be very similar. Oh well going great!

@bob31 Nice to hear from someone else that my little girls are doing great!

2 Likes

What beautiful little girls they are! @Kapelady wow the node spacing is very tight! You have your lighting distance down good :wink::+1::v:

1 Like

@AmnesiaHaze Thank you very much! I am glad that the lighting is good…just guessing here as it is my first grow. Now what exactly do you mean by “nodes” I know my White Widow seems to be “bushy” and the stem is nice and thick…but would like an explanation about “nodes” …glad they are good…just need to learn terminology here…Thank you!

A node, or node spacing refers to the fan leaves or branches that meet at intersecting points on the main stalk. Hope this helps :+1::smirk::v:

1 Like