White Widow Auto won't stop stretching up

Years ago when I was in the army, stationed in Germany, a group of friends and I went to Amsterdam for a weekend. We smoked a lot and tripped a lot. White Widow was the first weed that I ever smoked. Needless to say, I had a very hard time functioning. Now in my second year growing I decided to grow some White Widow Autos for memories sake. Figuring they would only grow 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall I could sneak them in anywhere. Two months later I’m in awe at how big these things are. Just under four feet tall. It is starting to flower but I’m thinking to myself is this normal or do I have a good thing going here. It is growing in a organic soil mix. Nothing special. Added to the soil is digested cow manure. Nice and fluffy stuff. Also made a batch of super soil and added that on the bottom. What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

Buddy, you’re gonna have a monster on your hands. I grew a wwa that went almost 6 months. No kidding, I ended up with a pound if I add in the fluff bud.

looks like you can still either supercrop or do some lst. I started 3 more 40 days ago. 2 ended up outside cause they were getting too big. Here’s the one I kept in tent. Topped and lst
And the two outside. One I topped and one came out deformed and topped itself. They’re both 3ft tall and still going strong

6 Likes

I was hoping someone was going to say I have a monster on my hands. I think I’m going to leave these alone and add support as needed. I didn’t consider supercropping.

This is my lst project in an earth box. Bubblegum. I got a little aggressive with a stem and it broke off. Learning process.

5 Likes

Update on the White Widow auto. I decided to do a test. One was supercropped and lst. The second one I just did a little lst. The supercropping slowed the plant down. It looks to be a couple weeks or more development wise. The second is looking beautiful and budding like crazy. I’m curious which one will have a bigger yield.

5 Likes

Same head nug a week later.

2 Likes

@shindig153, beautiful looking girl!!

@NavyVet420, thank you. Checked on her today and she is starting to show her true colors.

4 Likes

The end is near for the first one. I split the stem and expect to harvest by the end of the week. She sure is beatiful.

A close up of the head nug.

3 Likes

The ww auto I supercropped is going to produce much bigger buds but has another three weeks to a month to go.

1 Like

She showed me mostly cloudy with some amber so it was time to harvest.

1 Like

So here’s the first plant being sealed up for curing. Weighed in just under six ounces.

Here is the plant I supercropped. She is proceeding very slowly. Looks like there will be nice long colas coming from this one. I’d say each one is over a foot long.

4 Likes

@shindig153, awesome harvest!!! My WWA girls are 32 days from sprout, seeing all these WWA pics makes me hopeful-

Yes, those are another 5 WWA’s babies in black grow bags :grin:.

1 Like

@NavyVet420 Your ladies are looking good all tied down like that. I will be using that technique next time. I was expecting short plants and planted them in a more obvious place than I would have otherwise. At 32 days old they must be getting close to flowering. Congrats on you babies.

1 Like

@shindig153, thank you!! I rednecked it all the way. A mix of underground fence wire, pipe cleaners and lug nuts to get them out like that. Yup, lug nuts :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Yes, I noticed white hairs already starting. 30 days from sprouting, means I have 45-60 day give a week or two til harvest. The babies are 30 days behind so it looks like I will have an early November harvest and a mid November harvest.

Lugs nuts work. Creative solution.
I’m curious to see how big your plants end up being.
November! I’ll be growing indoor by then and stoking the wood stove.

1 Like

The buds on the supercropped plant are getting really big and frosty. Still a couple of weeks to go if not more.

I think next year outdoor WWA will be supercropped. I like the length of the buds that form.

2 Likes

@shindig153- if I could get my damn internet to work a little better, I could upload pic of my girls. It is amazing what a difference 11 days make. I showed wife my pic further up in your post and she was like, no way those were your girls, they so tiny. I have been very pleased with my WWAs, NEVER expected them to grow like have. If it wasn’t for the LST, they would be at least 2.5’ tall. I was wrong on the estimated time for harvest, it will actually be Early to mid Oct with the 2nd set of WWA ready by early to mid Nov. I can’t wait to see what you get from your girls.

1 Like

2 Likes

Very nice I can’t believe this is the first time I’m seeing these

1 Like

@NavyVet420 your ladies are looking happy. They have grown quite a bit. I like how they have stayed low. Lug nuts worked well for you.

1 Like